Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Transfer Rumour Thread Summer 2019

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going to hold my breath today. See anything happening as a bonus and not as a necessity

D

Deleted member 5635

If you were Nuno and you didn't get backed with what was promised(unfortunately we don't know what was asked/promised) in the transfer window would you think he would be happy?

So far I doubt this is what he would of expected.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WFC are close to signing Bayern Munich midfielder Meritan Shabani. The 20 y/o is in the U.K. to finalise personal terms & have a medical, fee agreed. The attacking midfielder has one year left on his current contract and will to go straight into Wolves' U23 squad.

There you go for u23s

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WFC are close to signing Bayern Munich midfielder Meritan Shabani. The 20 y/o is in the U.K. to finalise personal terms & have a medical, fee agreed. The attacking midfielder has one year left on his current contract and will to go straight into Wolves' U23 squad.

There you go for u23s

Why would Watford sign someone to go into wolves u23 squad? Lol

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you were Nuno and you didn't get backed with what was promised(unfortunately we don't know what was asked/promised) in the transfer window would you think he would be happy?

So far I doubt this is what he would of expected.
Well considering he knows what he was getting involved with and where we were league wise I'm sure he's intelligent enough to appreciate that second season in premier league you can't buy top top players......... Its juts a few fans that can't understand that.... :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 5635

Well considering he knows what he was getting involved with and where we were league wise I'm sure he's intelligent enough to appreciate that second season in premier league you can't buy top top players......... Its juts a few fans that can't understand that.... :rolleyes:
That's why I pointed out we don't know what was promised but its just a few fans that cant understand that :rolleyes:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As it stands, #Wolves are not expecting any major incomings unless things change with Lemina or Kessie. Anticipate several loans out, with Leo Bonatini, Bright Enobakhare, Jordan Graham and Roderick Miranda all set for pastures new

Tim Nash on Twitter

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shabani, Loader and a late loan deal for Lemina are my predictions for today.

YamYamWolf

Reaction score

Yeah like championship teams cant sign the like of neves and jota. A first season premier league team couldn't get a world class goalie in Patricio.

Nuno would have had a list of targets. He would of have expected us to get them. We've not thrown cash at teams (which I agree with) but now we are here on deadline day Slightly disappointed.

wallisdan

Groupie
Reaction score
#WWFC are also in negotiations with Reading to sign England U20 forward Danny Loader. The 18-year old made 21 appearances in the Championship last season and Reading are reluctant to sell but Loader only has one year left on his contract.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky sources understand Wolves are in negotiations with Reading to sign England U20 forward Danny Loader.

The 18-year-old made 21 appearances in the Championship last season and Reading are reluctant to sell but Loader only has one year left on his contract.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah like championship teams cant sign the like of neves and jota. A first season premier league team couldn't get a world class goalie in Patricio.

Nuno would have had a list of targets. He would of have expected us to get them. We've not thrown cash at teams (which I agree with) but now we are here on deadline day Slightly disappointed.
Its different now that we are looking for that level above what they (neves and jota) were at the time of signing them and how those players have better options opem to them than us.

D

Deleted member 5635

As you say I am pretty sure Nuno's list wasn't 1 striker(pleased) a loan defender and some youth players.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You're disappointed??

Sums up the problem then. We've brought in a centreback from real Madrid to add to a great defence anyway at this level and a striker from AC Milan.... And you're disappointed..... :rolleyes:

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
@TimNash_1 just tweeted

As it stands, #Wolves are not expecting any major incomings unless things change with Lemina or Kessie. Anticipate several loans out, with Leo Bonatini, Bright Enobakhare, Jordan Graham and Roderick Miranda all set for pastures new.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@TimNash_1 just tweeted

As it stands, #Wolves are not expecting any major incomings unless things change with Lemina or Kessie. Anticipate several loans out, with Leo Bonatini, Bright Enobakhare, Jordan Graham and Roderick Miranda all set for pastures new.

So essentially we're still trying to negotiate for Lemina or Kessie.

D

Deleted member 5635

You're disappointed??

Sums up the problem then. We've brought in a centreback from real Madrid to add to a great defence anyway at this level and a striker from AC Milan.... And you're disappointed..... :rolleyes:
We have loaned a centre back with no option.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's why I pointed out we don't know what was promised but its just a few fans that cant understand that :rolleyes:
Well some are upset we've only got a centreback from Real Madrid and a striker from AC Milan both to go straight into our first team squad......

Perspective nowhere to be seen sadly!

D

Deleted member 5962

Id say he will be in and around the first team squad, although he is very inexperienced but he a player we need, an attacking midfielder.

Just basing my opinion from the fact Ajax scouted him last year and decided they didnt want him. Wont really bother people here, but Ajax have some of the best youth scouts in the world so if they pass on a player usually they have a good reason.

W

wanderer24

Its different now that we are looking for that level above what they (neves and jota) were at the time of signing them and how those players have better options opem to them than us.

At the time Neves and Jota would have had better offers than a championship team after them. Plenty of teams have signed top quality players who are above their level. It's not a new thing and is mostly dictated by one theme and it's called money. Man City signed lots of players way above their station before they got success. Chelsea did too. PSG did it.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have loaned a centre back with no option.
And????

We improve as a team, be consistent for a further season in the premier league and hold a higher standing to top players this time next summer....

Is it really that hard to see how to build up slowly amd not be upset and spit dummy out when we don't (because we can't unless paying over the odds for average players) spend big Big on top players when the attraction to us is limited.... At the moment

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I woke up this morning the sun shining and thought
"what if today we dont sign anyone and then lose at 17:00"
I then changed my pants and got on with my day

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Somebody please list all the u23s we are signing and then pose the question of "had you heard of Vinagre before he signed?"

We have signed a bunch of players that fit the profile of our club rather than spaffing millions on high profile players with massive egos. And I'm sure that between Nya, Loader, Neto, Jordao and Shabini we will have a couple of gems that will be pushing for a first team spot by the end of the season.

I'm excited for this season. UTW!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the time Neves and Jota would have had better offers than a championship team after them. Plenty of teams have signed top quality players who are above their level. It's not a new thing and is mostly dictated by one theme and it's called money. Man City signed lots of players way above their station before they got success. Chelsea did too. PSG did it.
Before FFP.....

Now accept its a different situation now to those teams and we have to adjust to that and to get where we wnat will take 2 more summers not just spend spend spend in this one. Its unrealistic

And did they have better options at the time??? They both weren't playing regularly so we were an attraction straight off the bat. Add Nuno and it helped. It's totally different now and so are the players situations we after to improve

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve spent close to £90million this window bringing in 5 permanent signings, 6 if you count that striker that went back out on loan, and a loanee from Real Madrid.

Anyone who thinks this is a disappointing window or Nuno hasn’t been backed needs to give their head a wobble.

The only thing to note is that it looks like the end of our loan to buy policy so at least next summer when we spend £46million on two players everyone won’t instantly dismiss it as they were previously here on loan

W

wanderer24

Before FFP.....

Now accept its a different situation now to those teams and we have to adjust to that and to get where we wnat will take 2 more summers not just spend spend spend in this one. Its unrealistic

And did they have better options at the time??? They both weren't playing regularly so we were an attraction straight off the bat. Add Nuno and it helped. It's totally different now and so are the players situations we after to improve
It isn't totally different. Lots of teams successfully push the boundaries of FFP. None of us know the details of our financial position and what we can or can't spend.
To say they wouldn't have had better options at the time is ludicrous. There was genuine shock in Portugal as to where they ended up.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoping Southampton will relent on Lemina and allow an option to buy rather than a mandatory obligation clause. Surely if they want him off their books then they will need to move a bit as we approach the deadline.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Exactly, he's talking ****

Thing is people are so unrealistic. Expecting Cutrone and Vellejo to be only back ups is unrealistic. Certainly they may start that way as they learn to play Nunos way but both they and Nuno will expect them to break into the team and contribute massively this year.

I ignore the fact that they come from AC or Real (although it's an indication of quality if not proof) and look at the write ups from the local journalists and fans. Good all around so I have high expectations.

We just need Vallejo to fall for Wolves the same way Jonny did if he has a similar impact.

We can't get the worlds best just yet bht we can poach the next generation looking for a shot i.e. Neves, Vinagre, Jota, Cutrone and Vallejo. All have a similar pedigree and likely its much harder to get into the AC and Real teams than it is Porto so dont read too much into appearances to date.

Back
Top Bottom