Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Transfer Rumour Thread Summer 2019

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could we see a late twist with kessie. As above reputable journal

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
Alfredo Pedullà on Twitter

#Kessie, the #Wolverhampton offered 25 million plus 3 bonuses, a figure accepted by #Milan. But there is distance on the signing and there is little time: Kessie earns 2.5 and asks for 4 per season, the offer is 2.7-2.8.
So he's currently on about £44k per week but wants £77k? Wolves offering £48k.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a point for those disappointed we haven’t made a “statement” signing this summer, we’ve signed Raúl Jimenez for £34million, smashing our transfer record, literally the biggest transfer deal we’ve ever done in our history, that’s a statement. Until this summer only the big 6 and Everton had ever spent that kind of money on one player.

Not only that but we also signed a striker from AC Milan for a fee that makes him the second most expensive player we’ve ever signed in our history.

Fosun have broken our transfer record in every window since they took over bar one and still some people aren’t happy

Can this be put in bold at the top of the forum home page please?

Get a basterd grip. We were panicking about Mike Williamson being fit a couple of seasons ago and loaning Sagbo.

D

Deleted member 5962

Wants his wage doubling it seems. Maybe we can haggle him down a bit, or add performance related bonuses.

Would love this and Rugani to happen, but even just this would be great.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kessie? Yes please! Will have to probably offer him around 65k a week though or just maybe give him a few houses. Get it done for the Love of God and Spiers please dont deny this in the morning!

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

So he's currently on about £44k per week but wants £77k? Wolves offering £48k.

If true, hopefully we meet in the middle.

If I was him I would have reservations about leaving Milan for Wolves for a slight increase in salary but why should we give him nearly double his salary.

Hope a compromise is reached. Him or Lemina are needed IMO.

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
If true, hopefully we meet in the middle.

If I was him I would have reservations about leaving Milan for Wolves for a slight increase in salary but why should we give him nearly double his salary.

Hope a compromise is reached. Him or Lemina are needed IMO.
Wolves would have to increase that, I agree. He'd probably break even after paying more in UK income tax?

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Anyone know about the journalist reporting this? Reliable?

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
200,000 followers? Maybe reliable.

Edit: Most replies are suggesting that £25m raising to £28m is laughable though, so I dunno how reliable he is. (From what I could decipher without google lol.)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it is true hopefully we can reach agreement on wages. We must have had some idea of what he was asking for if going in for him.

D

Deleted member 4152

There is a rumour going round that Fosun are buying Patshull golf and hotel. I know it’s not the signing people want but it’s something I spose. Not sure how it will affect my golf membership tho!

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going to sleep I'm hoping to wake up and it's plastered all over here and SSN's that Kessie and Rugani are done deals. Time will tell!!!

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a rumour going round that Fosun are buying Patshull golf and hotel. I know it’s not the signing people want but it’s something I spose. Not sure how it will affect my golf membership tho!
Strange place to build our new stadium

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Maybe they are buying it for Kessie! Help smooth over any move!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Milan fans immediately questioning the decision to sell him after signing him for the same fee (28m). Like our Neto and Jordao, Kessie only officially signed for Milan this summer after a two year loan with an obligatory option to buy.

The reports suggested a couple weeks ago that we wanted Kessie (as we did last summer if you remember the reports), but Milan’s new manager wanted to run the rule over him before deciding if he fits his ideas, like with Cutrone.

The reason I have a little faith (read, little) is because Milan are in a position where they need to sell to buy. Who do you call in when you desperately need to sell a player? Uncle Jorge. Why has this taken so long to come to fruition? Milan apparently wanted 40 million euros but are now prepared to cut their losses so the new manager has the means to go and sign players he believes fit his scheme.

If you believe this, and we’ve seen some serious bull come out of Italy’s reporters over the last couple of years, then Kessie isn’t keen on joining us but is willing to swallow his pride if the price is right. Seemingly we’re offering to give him a small salary bump in the region of £40k but the player wants £70k.

I’d hope we can find a solution, but it does make you question a little if he really wants to come here if he’s holding out for that much, and Nuno won’t take kindly to hearing about that I expect. I reckon it’s right in the balance, and definitely isn’t a case of ‘bloody ell Wolves just pay up ffs’, I think it’s a bit more delicate than that given the character of player Nuno wants at the club. If he’s willing to compromise, and accept a similar salary to the one he’s on at Milan, I think it shows this isn’t a move solely driven by money.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves would have to increase that, I agree. He'd probably break even after paying more in UK income tax?

Italy tax rate is probably higher, although I think most salaries quoted are the net pay the player receives post tax.

D

Deleted member 4456

Hopefully, we can sort out personal terms with him. Kessie is a long-term target and would round off the window nicely.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim Nash has already rubbished it. Next rumour please! :D

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Milan fans immediately questioning the decision to sell him after signing him for the same fee (28m). Like our Neto and Jordao, Kessie only officially signed for Milan this summer after a two year loan with an obligatory option to buy.

The reports suggested a couple weeks ago that we wanted Kessie (as we did last summer if you remember the reports), but Milan’s new manager wanted to run the rule over him before deciding if he fits his ideas, like with Cutrone.

The reason I have a little faith (read, little) is because Milan are in a position where they need to sell to buy. Who do you call in when you desperately need to sell a player? Uncle Jorge. Why has this taken so long to come to fruition? Milan apparently wanted 40 million euros but are now prepared to cut their losses so the new manager has the means to go and sign players he believes fit his scheme.

If you believe this, and we’ve seen some serious bull come out of Italy’s reporters over the last couple of years, then Kessie isn’t keen on joining us but is willing to swallow his pride if the price is right. Seemingly we’re offering to give him a small salary bump in the region of £40k but the player wants £70k.

I’d hope we can find a solution, but it does make you question a little if he really wants to come here if he’s holding out for that much, and Nuno won’t take kindly to hearing about that I expect. I reckon it’s right in the balance, and definitely isn’t a case of ‘bloody ell Wolves just pay up ffs’, I think it’s a bit more delicate than that given the character of player Nuno wants at the club. If he’s willing to compromise, and accept a similar salary to the one he’s on at Milan, I think it shows this isn’t a move solely driven by money.
I wouldn’t take a new job for the same money I’m on now, if someone wants to sign you then you should expect to be compensated more. If we truly are interested but only offer a tiny bump for him that would be silly.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nash isn’t going to go out on a whim like that just for the sake of it. Dispute his credibility all you want, the guy who broke the Kessie news is apparently not reliable at all anyway.

D

Deleted member 5962

Nash isn’t going to go out on a whim like that just for the sake of it. Dispute his credibility all you want, the guy who broke the Kessie news is apparently not reliable at all anyway.

Maybe, maybe not. His exclusives and other info for the past year or so have either been wrong or after Spiers (who himself is slow to report things.) I think his sources were given away by the whole Robbie Kean saga. As in, I dont think he made it up, I think the club suspected who peoples sources were and fed them dud info to out the leak, such as what appeared to happen to the infamous Heron after his last post being Nelson Oliviera.

Back
Top Bottom