Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves sign kit deal with Puma

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant news.

The Headline:
Multiple year kit deal with major global brand

Finally!

N

Northampton Wanderer

Told you. Thank god we have got rid of Burrda there tops too thin and cheap for my liking same as leq coq sportif

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I alone in not giving a toss about who our shirt manufacturer is? The only replica shirts I have bought were for my son when he was younger.

And there are just too many fat blokes at Molineux in football shirts...they look bloody ridiculous.

Anyway, I digress... ;)

R

robwolf

Wow - not much of a deal.

Puma were responsible for the best and worst shirt we have had in my opinion so we'll see!!

Which was the best? I loved the wolf head design one! Still wear it:D

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it said that this is the best news regarding the club I've heard in a while?

Great stuff. No more Burrda.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Yes!!...get in!!!

We're Puma!!!!!!....................:dong::rolleyes:

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Good news it's not just about people buying and wearing the kit. It's about brand reputation of the club. Now if only we could get rid of sportingbet and the Moxey Shop.

Oh and fingers crossed they don't think a retro Wolves head style top will be a good idea.

S

Shergar

Wow - not much of a deal.

Puma were responsible for the best and worst shirt we have had in my opinion so we'll see!!

£250,000 per year for as fast fading brand (Wolves) is good business by the club.

i should imagine the deal is like last time when Puma can use its distribution network and have points of sale in all different shops hence letting the world know that that that team with the cool badge that used to be on TV is still alive somewhere in the league system.
£250,000 will include image rights and kit sales.

So, kit accesibility for all is a good thing, instead of the moxey controlled tatshop/website cartel where unless you are in Wolvo you can't see the qualioty, feel the width etc..

Strats

Reaction score
I couldn't care less if the team played in their vest'n'pants as long as they're winning something from time to time ... games would be a good starting point.

SBDJ

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Which was the best? I loved the wolf head design one! Still wear it:D

Lol - That one was the worst and mine was sacrificed a few years ago when you could trade a shirt in for a new one

The best was the one with the Pumas down the sleeves

D

Deleted member 4023

I get the impression that they're going to be designing us a new kit - they used the word innovative - lets hope its something good for a change

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken this is not additional/extra income into the club but just a replacement for what we were receiving from Burrda.

I don't know how much we were getting form Burrda but 250k a year from Puma is, in my opinion, nothing to get excited about when you consider what we could have been getting if we were in the Greed League. It wouldn't pay the drinks bill of some of our players!

S

Shergar

Unless I am mistaken this is not additional/extra income into the club but just a replacement for what we were receiving from Burrda.

I don't know how much we were getting form Burrda but 250k a year from Puma is, in my opinion, nothing to get excited about when you consider what we could have been getting if we were in the Greed League. It wouldn't pay the drinks bill of some of our players!

250k per year, is very good money for a 3rd division team.

(It reminds me of Alex Higgins getting good money for exhibition matches during his sorry decline)

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the impression that they're going to be designing us a new kit - they used the word innovative - lets hope its something good for a change

We'll get a template. We'll end up with the same design as the likes of Cardiff/Burnley/Coventry/Morecambe but in the relevant colour.

Still as long as it doesn't fall apart after a few washes it'd be an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

W

wolvesultra

the Burdda deal was £3m over 3 years just shows how far we've dropped really, love how Wolves make a point of pointing out its a 'major' brand but when we signed the Burdda deal they were making the opposite point that it was all about the money!

Typical Wolves bull$$$$ spin thesedays!

C

crasm98

lower teams than us have nike, why do we only ever have second class sponsors?

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They won't be designing anything 'for us', just a new templates for next season.
Look at the bottom of the article, saying we will be managed by Genesis sports.

Basically we have a deal with them, not the same branch of Puma as Dortmund or Newcastle.

W

wolf1877

They won't be designing anything 'for us', just a new templates for next season.

Basically we have a deal with them, not the same branch of Puma as Dortmund or Newcastle.

This +1111
They are not going to waste their time, money or effort designing a 3rd tier football teams strip that will get next to no coverage in this country, let alone Europe/the world.

I love watching football and watch a lot, but i couldn't tell you what 90% of teams strips look like in league 1 because they get no coverage at all apart from token bits on sky sports news now and again, and 5 minutes of highlights at 1am.

The longer we stay down in league 1 the less and less the rest of the country/world will care about us.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Who cares! No more Burrda, and we escaped Macron or Errea etc. etc. The Mox actually did something the fans wanted, why must we complain all the time!

W

wolvesultra

Who cares! No more Burrda, and we escaped Macron or Errea etc. etc. The Mox actually did something the fans wanted, why must we complain all the time!

were the fans really THAT bothered??

we're looking at the second relegation on the bounce and we as fans get ripped off left right and centre but dont worry we've got a puma kit

A

Apocalypse Now

This is only a good deal if the management of the club do not expect us to be successful, otherwise it is yet another poor piece of business by a vastly over rated - and inflated - CEO. With Wolves in their current situation no one in their right mind would sign a four year deal with no ratchet upwards if we win promotion. Gives a clear indication of where the owner expects us to be. Take the money and run.

Having said that no one over 15 should really be bothered who makes the kit, afterall it is only kids who should wear it.

Back
Top Bottom