Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves reading while on holiday

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Go to Corfu in just under a month and want to take a book about Wolves this time instead of my usual fiction. I bought my dad a few while he was still with us so I've got a decent back library to choose from but just wondering if any mixers might be able to suggest a gem that isn't in the old man's collection.

J

JC14M5 Wolf

George Best first book ( i think 1st) good read and spins some dits. Wolves Fan!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have a rest from it mate if I were you. You'll come back refreshed and rarin to go.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take a Panini World Cup album and have a read through who we will be buying

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take the Guinness Book of Hit Singles with you and sort out a few tunes for match days as there are a few on here that want everything ditched and to start again :rolleyes:

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
George Best first book ( i think 1st) good read and spins some dits. Wolves Fan!

Have that, great read also re-reading Bobby Charlton's book " My Manchester United Years" which is excellent.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not wolves but try Marching Powder by Rusty Young. Real life about the prison experience of a Brit that got caught smuggling the devils dandruff out of Bolivia. Great read and you will look really cool reading it around the pool. Win win

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good few years ago my friend's son (aged 12) asked me could he borrow some football books from my collection. I said no problem.

My friend came back to me a couple of weeks later saying he was shocked when he went into his son's room one night to see the lad reading "The Good the Bad and the Bubbly" :D

I bought David Instone's "Between the Golden Lines" from the man himself a couple of weeks ago and am going to read it on hols next week.

Last edited:

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another vote for the iron manager.

For a non-wolves good read Stephen Leather’s Private Dancer was interesting

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forever Young by Oliver Kay is excellent. Tells the story of Adrian Doherty, the ‘forgotten’ Fergie fledgling.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
The Miracle of Castel Di Sangro by Joe McGuinness is a great football book. As is White Angels by David Carlin and Bobby Robson’s autobiography.

As for Wolves, another vote for The Iron Manager.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not wolves but try Marching Powder by Rusty Young. Real life about the prison experience of a Brit that got caught smuggling the devils dandruff out of Bolivia. Great read and you will look really cool reading it around the pool. Win win

Amazing book! I hate reading and couldn't stop reading that on my honeymoon even staying up late.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd recommend any of the Secret Footballer books,if you've not already read them. Also got through Steven Gerrard's book in the space of a week on holiday a couple of years ago,a very good read.

Corporal Hicks

Groupie
Reaction score
Don't have any Wolves books myself but a keen biography reader. Alex Fergusons is good and just recently finished a Roger Federer book, all very interesting.

I can highly recommend Dallaglios rugby tales about behind the scenes rugby stories, some cracking stuff in there as you can imagine! I couldn't put it down.

Looks like you have plenty of material to choose from, enjoy your hols :)

UEAwolf

Reaction score
There are very few good football books out there. I'd say Michael Calvin's trilogy is essential - as is the Miracle of Castel di Sangro. Jonathan Wilson's books are also pretty decent.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is it that no-one has recommended this page turner...
9781902719641.jpg

M

MonkeySpanner

I love to go a Wandering written by a MolMixer apparently. I haven't read it my self yet although I have a copy. I'm not a very good reader unfortunately.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I have a copy of the Iron Manager, somewhere! Free to a good home, like the last book :)

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, looks like I'll be downloading 2/3 books as most are only 200 pages or so long and I'd be lucky if 1 book would last me longer than the outbound flight

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
The Miracle of Castel Di Sangro by Joe McGuinness is a great football book. As is White Angels by David Carlin and Bobby Robson’s autobiography.

As for Wolves, another vote for The Iron Manager.
One of my most favourite books of all time along with A Season with Verona by Tim Parks.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
There are very few good football books out there. I'd say Michael Calvin's trilogy is essential - as is the Miracle of Castel di Sangro. Jonathan Wilson's books are also pretty decent.
All of Calvin's books are great, and The Miracle of Castell do Sangro is amazing. If you liked that one you'll also love A Season with Verona by Tim Parks.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im off to Mexico next weekend and wanted general recommendations (doesn't even need to be football - Do i need to put this in the OT forum??).

I too hate reading but i've previously read a load of Autobiographies which all seem to descend into something not dissimilar to Alan Partridges "Needless to say I had the last laugh" type experience.

I enjoyed a Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson and i was gonna try (dont laugh...) Mort by Terry Prachett.

I've taken a few recommendations from here but like i say It doesn't need to be footy or sport related. I'm not a fan of books with foreign names in as i find it disrupts my reading flow, when everytime i come to it, I find myself pondering for far too long about how the name might be pronounced.

Forza Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
El Macca is good, Steve McManaman autobiography about his time at Real Madrid

johnnybetchas

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Read loads of football books but the best in my opinion is "Greavsie" obviously by the great Jimmy.

S

StourWolf1

Just started reading David Instone's 'Between the Golden Lines' ... if you were around in the 80's / 90's - an excellent read!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All Played Out by Pete Davies, behind the scenes at the 1990 World Cup. Some great Wolves references

What a summer that was......

Back
Top Bottom