Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves official podcast - Old Gold Club

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Old Gold Club the new Wolves FC podcast is now available. Here’s a link to subscribe if you listen to podcasts on iTunes... Old Gold Club by Wolverhampton Wanderers on Apple Podcasts

Details of the first episode... “Carl Ikeme joins Mikey Burrows and Chris Iwelumo as the first inductee into Old Gold Club. The trio discuss Carl's extensive Wolves career, representing Nigeria, THAT tactics board and much, much more.”

Excellent work again by the club!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4456

I enjoyed that. I hope it's released on Spotify too.

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I enjoyed that. I hope it's released on Spotify too.

Yeah, really good listen, thought Mikey and Iwelumo worked well together. Hoping they’ll interview some of the present players and back room staff too.

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Only just listened to the second (non-filmed) part and there’s some nice insights into Jackett, the bomb squad and Saunders/punching the tactics board. Well worth a listen if you’ve only seen the first half of the interview.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only just listened to the second (non-filmed) part and there’s some nice insights into Jackett, the bomb squad and Saunders/punching the tactics board. Well worth a listen if you’ve only seen the first half of the interview.
I liked the bit where he said something like Saunders told him don’t worry if it goes wrong he’ll take the blame then when it did he just blamed Carl, explains why the players just weren’t having him

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I liked the bit where he said something like Saunders told him don’t worry if it goes wrong he’ll take the blame then when it did he just blamed Carl, explains why the players just weren’t having him

Yeah, it was good hearing Carl speak so openly about things. Interesting to hear about what a disciplinarian Kenny was, though I guess that’s exactly what was needed at the time.

Also liked the bit about Iwelumo getting smashed on Jägermeisters, can’t imagine anyone getting away with that under the current regime.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Loving episode 2 with Tony Daley. Some really good insight into the behind-the-scenes when players are injured. Great project by the club!

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah. It was announced at the end of the second video. I've subscribed. I listened to the first two full length shows and I thought they were great. Hopefully they keep releasing things like this.

Guessed you probably would have done, but thought I’d put the info out for others as well who maybe missed it announced. Yeah, both podcasts have been really good. I was thinking only a couple of months ago that it was a shame there was no official Wolves podcast...

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Episode 3 with Kenny Hibbitt

A fantastic chat to listen to. The best one so far. Thirty minutes just wasn't long enough. I could have listened to it for two hours easily. I don't have iTunes or Spotify unfortunately so I can't listen to the Old Gold Extra section.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Met Kenny Hibbitt last season what a gent. My dads hero too!

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really enjoying these. So refreshing to see the club addressing things we want to know about. I always thought Connor put himself in line for the job so to hear he only took it because he was asked to changes my opinion somewhat, sure his time in charge was a disaster but this gives a different slant on what happened

JadeWolf

Reaction score
These are brilliant, the hour long ones on Spotify are really good.

Reaction score
Each and every one has been good in a different way and they've not shied away from talking about mistakes the club made, or controversial topics. Really interesting stuff in places and especially hearing Ikeme talk of Saunders, and thinking back on the TC managerial stint, makes you realise how lucky we are to have Nuno now.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Each and every one has been good in a different way and they've not shied away from talking about mistakes the club made, or controversial topics. Really interesting stuff in places and especially hearing Ikeme talk of Saunders, and thinking back on the TC managerial stint, makes you realise how lucky we are to have Nuno now.

And also Fosun, when you hear Connor had cleared his desk and 2 weeks later was asked to take the team for the rest of the season you despair at those who ran our club at the time. Having listened to him I don’t blame Terry Connor for what happened, he effectively admits he was massively out of his depth but was asked to help a club that clearly meant a lot to him

JadeWolf

Reaction score
I actually think funnily rnoigh our results took a nosedive after Solbakken got rid of Terry Connor. Even if like me you didn’t really rate Solbakken, he did have a decent start result wise.

D

Deleted member 4453

Really enjoyed the Scott Golbourne one. Great to listen to.

Thought they were only on iTunes, so nice to know they're on Spotify

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Hoping they’ll interview some of the present players and back room staff too.

Title of the podcast suggests they wont.

Plus it gives them some differentiation. Ex-Wolfs will give a greater insight, and allow them to probe and ask those challenging questions, which wouldn't be allowed with any of the current crop.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone heard the Karl Henry one from this week? Bit awkward between Iwelumo and Henry

AberWolf

Reaction score
I think it was quite clear Henry was trying to hide a lot of disdain for the club and fans. But, in honesty I don't blame him. He got vilified after generally giving his all for Wolves.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listened to my first one last night in bed, Scott Goulbourne. Thought it was really good. Love hearing from players when the media trained answers are turned off.

Surprised at 30 he can’t find a club.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I enjoyed the Karl Henry one. Thought some bits were quite fair and some were quite strange/infuriating.

Need to catch up on the TC & Golbourne one.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Golbourne and Ikeme one's were good, I'm not gonna watch the Henry one as he vexes me, someone quoted him as saying he thought Saunders would have kept us up if he was in charge for the whole season, which is *******s, and also annoying given some of the performances him and his mates put in that season

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Golbourne and Ikeme one's were good, I'm not gonna watch the Henry one as he vexes me, someone quoted him as saying he thought Saunders would have kept us up if he was in charge for the whole season, which is *******s, and also annoying given some of the performances him and his mates put in that season
Performances only in the loosest possible sense..

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only because they all stopped playing for Solbakken because he'd marked their cards.

He knew exactly who he wanted out.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only because they all stopped playing for Solbakken because he'd marked their cards.

That doesn't make it any better, you play for Wolves not Solbakken, I'll never forgive them those P'boro and Ipswich "performances"

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In fairness from listening to it that bits a bit out of context, what he seemed to be saying was they should’ve given Solbakken a couple of years to change what he wanted to change or just appoint someone like Saunders in the first place because he was like McCarthy. Seemed to blame the mess of changing managers rather than outwardly backing Saunders. Definitely comes across like he didn’t agree with how Solbakken was asking them to play but doesn’t sound like he wanted him out.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henry might just have been right. Thankfully we will never find out as that would have have likely resulted in the much needed big clear-out never happening. In that situation l fear that Fosun would never have got on board and we would have looked frighteningly like the Vile or the **** do now.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

I thought Henry was very good, clearly passionate about Wolves and about the game, actually sounds like he could become a good manager in the future.

His point about Saunders keeping us up was that he played a similar style to Mick, and that would've worked with Mick's players. He said trying that style with Solbakken's signings was the problem.

Also made an interesting point that Solbakken would've been a better Premier League manager.

Essentially said he wanted to play counter-attacking, negative football which held this side back against inferior opposition when they should've been going all-out and playing with intensity but thats not what the manager wants.

Overall felt it was honest and insightful, like all of them. Great idea to do this.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha.

Henry played pretty much every game for Solbakken. And was remade captain and given a long contract because of Solbakken.

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have really enjoyed this output and whoever within the club has supported and put this stuff out there really deserves praise.

On the specific of Karl Henry, I thought he came across in quite a mixed manner. His attitude towards big Chris “criticising” him for a error in a game last season was shameful. He alluded to this contributing to him not getting a deal this year?! Give it a rest...

I thought what he shared about salbakken was interesting and with how KJ, dealt with him too. However his issue with how the promotion team was perceived to others was issues of grandeur. That part really annoyed me.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about Luton in the Cup...

I wasn't at that game mate but the writing was on the wall when he picked a strong team and yet again they didn't turn up, I'm getting **** on twitter now for not sucking off El Kapitan and thinking the players take a large part of the blame for our relegation, what a crazy notion that the guys on the pitch are partly responsible for us being relegated

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't at that game mate but the writing was on the wall when he picked a strong team and yet again they didn't turn up, I'm getting **** on twitter now for not sucking off El Kapitan and thinking the players take a large part of the blame for our relegation, what a crazy notion that the guys on the pitch are partly responsible for us being relegated
When you have Foley etc laughing after getting turned over by a team two divisions below..
Captain Krab didn't give a toss..

Back
Top Bottom