Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves disciplinary issues..

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently we have the most yellow and red cards in the Premiership, therefore being cast as the dirtiest team. Have the officials won their war against us or could there be a betting cartel going on.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Every team in the league is dirty.

Whenever I go now, I can't believe the amount of diving, cheating, time wasting and feigning injury.

Every team is near enough as bad as eachother.

We lambast the refs for getting stuff wrong but to be honest no wonder they do given most players make it their job to try and trick them for 90 minutes.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if theres a breakdown anywhere as to why yellows have given
Im pretty sure half of our yellow and reds have been for dissent not fouls
I dont recall many bad tackles we have been booked for tbh

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely strange. We don't look at all like the dirtiest team in the division. But we know, others have got away with things we get punished for.

In terms of actual "dirtiness" on pitch, Forest spring to mind as the team we played who dive in to everything with no consideration for life and limb. In terms of that sneaky gamesmanship, Brentford are always horrible to play against. I think Arsenal are very cynical, too, but as is often the case, they play high quality football so seem to get a free pass with their time wasting etc

What we are bad at is on pitch discipline team in the league. I wouldn't argue that we are the least disciplined team this season. Though it has improved recently. And I'd excuse this as linking back to the top - when you keep getting harsh decisions against you, it really stretches your discipline. It's no excuse and we really need to learn to shrug it off, get on with the game and not lose our heads, but I do think we've been pushed by refs decision making more than any other team. I do see some other teams players get a harsh decision against them, and just jog off nonplussed, and I respect that much more than the petulant whinging. And we have to realise that we can't get away with what the Sky 6 get away with, that's just the way it is.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It wasn't so long ago that there were folk on here calling for us to be less "nice" and show a bit more "sheizerhousery" on the pitch; wishes duly granted, though you can't help but wonder how many of those cards have been warranted.

How many of our cards have been doled out to JL et al themselves though?! That must be a record in itself.

Woody

Groupie
Reaction score
Just bear in mind Lemina's second yellow and subsequent dismissal, which is representative of the standard of officiating that we have been up against this season more than any other I can remember.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I actually think we are well up there in terms of being one of the most petulant sides in the league. JL has managed to reign that in slightly in recent times. But we really played on being the victims and often walked into yellow cards.
It doesn't help with JL being petulant as well but that's his management style. I've lost count how many time JL was either booked or sent off for Sevilla. Still love the bloke for his passion.

Lud-wolf

Reaction score
How many times have our players got booked when we are on the wrong end of a ridiculous decision and they have shown dissent?
Our players must find it very difficult not to get upset with some of the decisions we have had this season.
Sam Johnstone should have had a straight Red for the kung fu kick on Neto but only got a Yellow. Johnny got a Red for a similar challange.
Neto shown a Yellow for going onto the pitch at after the winning goal at Southampton.
Following the same example Arsenal should have got more than ten Yellows when their subs and back room staff all invaded after their winner in stoppage time against Bournemouth.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least we are top of the league. Champions League here we come… :)

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Dirtiest" is the wrong tag for us, as the majority of our cards have come for moaning at the referee or an accumulation of soft fouls.

In addition, some of our reds have been total stitch-ups by the officials, e.g. Lemina for the once- and never-again seen offence of being the third player to jog toward the referee or Nunes for the square root of nothing on the linesman's say-so, which was promptly rescinded but still counts in these statistics.

bigwolf

Reaction score
Apparently we have the most yellow and red cards in the Premiership, therefore being cast as the dirtiest team. Have the officials won their war against us or could there be a betting cartel going on.

Premier League.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not surprised. I’ve been disappointed by our attitude in many games this season, even factoring in the dodgy ref decisions.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard to take it seriously when Jose Sa gets impeded trying to start a counter attack and then gets booked for complaining to the ref for not doing his job in the first place and booking the Palace player

Can think of at least three players who should have been sent off against us and stayed on the pitch. And let's not forget Lemina's second yellow and subsequent red for wanting to ask the ref why he was allowing Southampton to repeatedly foul him

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
People might moan about the refs (when I say people I'm definitely including myself), but Collins, Costa, Semedo and Jonny are all unarguably straight reds. Nobody else has more than 2. Transfermarkt have 5, have I forgotten one or are they counting Nunes? So we can have a whataboutery whinge, but we need to be better. Only one of those is under Lopetegui though and he hasn't played since, so perhaps we have learned already?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What “attitude” do you mean?

I’m pleased with the fight and mental toughness the players have shown since Julen arrived.

I like a bit of fight. Hate the increased whingeing and player antics I’ve seen this season.

All teams do it, sure, but we need to get a lot more savvy about it.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have had a disciplinary problem no doubt.
We deserve a slap on the wrist..because going forward behaving like we have ain´t okay.
I am pretty sure it will be corrected next season though.It was probably a sign of desperate times more than anything.
We constantly moans regarding refs and decisions going against us.If we combine this with unacceptable behaviour outside the sidelines as well..then we will deserve some critics.
As said,I´m sure Julen will correct this..and it will all be for the best of the club.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People might moan about the refs (when I say people I'm definitely including myself), but Collins, Costa, Semedo and Jonny are all unarguably straight reds. Nobody else has more than 2. Transfermarkt have 5, have I forgotten one or are they counting Nunes? So we can have a whataboutery whinge, but we need to be better. Only one of those is under Lopetegui though and he hasn't played since, so perhaps we have learned already?

Interesting comparison between Jonny's inarguable straight red and Sam Johnstones even more inarguable straight red. No complaints there. Oh , wait...

if other teams are not getting the reds that we are getting, of course we will end up with more than them. Doesn't mean we're dirtier. It means that refs are completely inconsistent at our expense.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Interesting comparison between Jonny's inarguable straight red and Sam Johnstones even more inarguable straight red. No complaints there. Oh , wait...

if other teams are not getting the reds that we are getting, of course we will end up with more than them. Doesn't mean we're dirtier. It means that refs are completely inconsistent at our expense.
Or Burn and Pope in the same game.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't help with JL being petulant as well but that's his management style. I've lost count how many time JL was either booked or sent off for Sevilla. Still love the bloke for his passion.

He might have been like that as Sevilla but I thought he showed the patience of a saint after the crap he had to put up with from officials and VAR in his first few months.

I don't know how it took as long as it did before he did something that got him an FA charge.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These stats are easily manipulated

Apparently 2 Palace players are numbers 1 and 2 at “winning fouls”. Grealish is third.

I’d suggest that these people don’t win fouls. They are the biggest cheats in the league.

Back
Top Bottom