Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

"Wolves delay as Stale's search for a coach goes on"

A

andyc225

Is this intended as another "MORGAN AND MOXEY AY SHOWING NO AMBISHUN AND WO BACK SOLBAKKEN" post?

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ståle Solbakken said:
I don’t want to make a mistake.

So Ståle Solbakken would rather take a little longer to get who he thinks is the right person than appoint just anyone.

Seems a sensible approach to me.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Compensation fee is being agreed.
That's what I'm reading.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why has he had to rule out the 'big names'? A vital appointment, we need the best.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to say I worry about our club behind the scenes. Just my opinion before someone jumps down my throat!

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are still going by the value for money policy I see.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some 20m still in the coffers from this summer, never mind the bulk of 30m from Morgans purchase of the club.

Some things never change.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is why I cant see us bringing in the likes of Kenweyne Jones or Frimpong on loan. They wont give out the finances to do it despite our very healthy financial state.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simply means that having found their preferred candidate they have found that compensation will be required. Means he is still in a job, which is a good start! I did not read that the club did not want to pay compensation and had turned to other (cheaper) targets. The public statement might however mean Stale is getting some resistance and felt the need to go public to get his man.

H

Hatch End

No money will be spent until Moxey's had his Christmas bonus!

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
One thing is for sure - this is no job for a novice.

D

Dougan was king

It all gets a bit tiresome Wolves trying to do it on the cheap no doubt.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure the 2 M's after the shock agreement to axe conner on stale's say so won't $$$$ him about on tc's replacement

M

MonkeySpanner

I have to say I worry about our club behind the scenes. Just my opinion before someone jumps down my throat!

We are still going by the value for money policy I see.

These....there's times to be prudent and then there's times not to be. Wolves seem to base desitions around the least expenditure which, as we have found doesn't work.

H

Hatch End

Keith Curle would do nicely thank you.

He was a very skillful and intelligent defender, Joleon Lescott surely learned from him when he was at the Molineux.
Could he make our defenders skillful and intelligent? Well probably not, but maybe he could get them better organised.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It goes to show that a manager on the cheap means a coach on the cheap as well.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of guesswork going on! Wait for the outcome before spouting off!

The_Ned

Reaction score
If we're trying to play continental football, an old fashioned English coach won't do. That rules out a lot of people...

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who says we're trying to do anything 'on the cheap'?

How can anyone possibly have a pop at the Club for procrastinating or penny pinching when we haven't got the slightest clue who we're talking to and under what circumstances.....jesus!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was in a job would he have been on our radar?

So if we needed a new striker and we're linked with an out of contract striker who was highly rated and a £2m striker who was just as highly rated I bet you would moan if we signed the £2m player instead of the free agent.

What's the difference?

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can bet both the 2 candidates are foreign so when he is appointed everybody will go : WHO !

B

braywwfc

Mickey Harford it is then

Harford's Wikipedia page says he's spent a lot of time working at clubs with strikers. He seems to therefore fit the bill.

Hasn't it been said that at previous clubs, Wiggen worked with attacking players whilst Solbakken concentrated on the defence?

D

Deleted member 4023

Is it Harford or are we looking to take Karl Robinson as assistant manager? (did coach at the liverpool academy & his sides play proper football on the deck - i.e pass & move!)

Back
Top Bottom