Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves created the CL

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good article in the Daily Star today

I don’t know how to link it!

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually enjoyed that little dip into the tabloids, it’s been a while

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Haha everyone taking us seriously now loving it.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can anyone else remember the huge thread on this subject that took place a few years ago?

gewolf

Reaction score
It was an interesting and respectful article about us, but being a tabloid there was inevitably one mistake - well, I only noticed one- when under one of the pictures it said ''Wolves hosted Honved in the 1950s in the European Cup''.
It was, of course, a friendly and to paraphrase the Daily Star article 'for those of you under 20' (or should that be under 50 :)), Honved were a Hungarian side that included many of the Hungarian internationals who had helped their country to beat England 6-3 at Wembley (England's first defeat there in history) and then 7-1 in a later return in Budapest. Despite us going 2-0 down within 15 minutes and it staying like that until half time, Wolves eventually won 3-2 in front of a crowd of 54,998, although it was a midweek game in December.
As I said, I did enjoy the article, but am old enough and pedantic enough not to be able to ignore an error like this one!

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was an interesting and respectful article about us, but being a tabloid there was inevitably one mistake - well, I only noticed one- when under one of the pictures it said ''Wolves hosted Honved in the 1950s in the European Cup''.
It was, of course, a friendly and to paraphrase the Daily Star article 'for those of you under 20' (or should that be under 50 :)), Honved were a Hungarian side that included many of the Hungarian internationals who had helped their country to beat England 6-3 at Wembley (England's first defeat there in history) and then 7-1 in a later return in Budapest. Despite us going 2-0 down within 15 minutes and it staying like that until half time, Wolves eventually won 3-2 in front of a crowd of 54,998, although it was a midweek game in December.
As I said, I did enjoy the article, but am old enough and pedantic enough not to be able to ignore an error like this one!
One other small one - he said 'Out of Darkness Cometh Light' was the club motto, which as we all know isn't quite correct. Apart from that a well researched article, considering it's a tabloid.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
That's a great article in all honesty. Gives undoubted credence to our footballing pedigree.

Our fans can justifiably be said to be the most 'naturally' attuned of all fans in Europe to the magnitude and validity with the ambition on offer....wish he'd said it this way. ;) :)... #WeAreWolves!!

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

I have an excellent book about the history of the European Cup which goes into great detail about how incensed L'Equipe were that this "unfashionable" English club were being hailed as the champions of the world. The editor then lobbied for UEFA to create a proper European club competition. Also quite interesting that the forerunner to the Copa Libertadores started in 1948, so the South Americans were a few years ahead of Europe in terms of continental competition.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice article but 'The Daily Star'!!! Wish it was The Guardian or The Independent and then I could show my friends. :D

Back
Top Bottom