Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Around the World!

D

DanielSan

Just sat in a local bar in Palma.....

Several Wolves shirts dotted around the bar and a Wolves scarf draped above the doorway "Wolves "pride of the midlands". As a well travelled lad, It got me thinking of some of the stranger places I´ve seen Wolves memorabilia over the years.

I was wondering if the Mixers had any interesting ones! I´m sure you have...SHOOT!

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just sat in a local bar in Palma.....

Several Wolves shirts dotted around the bar and a Wolves scarf draped above the doorway "Wolves "pride of the midlands". As a well travelled lad, It got me thinking of some of the stranger places I´ve seen Wolves memorabilia over the years.

I was wondering if the Mixers had any interesting ones! I´m sure you have...SHOOT!

I went on a school trip to Venice whilst at school and on on of the little islands near Venice there was a guy with a stall selling flags. He had a Wolves one.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Disney Store, Times Square, New York, 1999. Walked over and asked if he knew the score from the day before. Without batting an eyelid he told me we'd drawn (I forget who against) and we agreed that that was typical and then we went our separate ways.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I encountered a Wolves scarf whilst working on a Norwegian submarine berthed in Kyle up here in Scotland.
The owner was on-shore and I never found him.

SOUTHBANK_BULLY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
was once on holiday in zante , driving around the island , saw a local an old bloke on a pushbike in the middle of knowwhere wearing a wolves shirt

also went to florida , just walked through arrivals and got invited by a wolves fan who works at the airport (sanford) to go to the pub where alot of wolves fans still meet , dunno if its still open the the pub is on the 192 in kissimee

L

Lycanthrope

Once saw a cripple begging on the streets of Benidorm wearing a Wolves top. He wasn't British either.

thehistorymakers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive lived in spain on and off for 20 odd years.i live in a city , close to Sevilla .about 300,000 people live there.one day i was walking down the high street.i saw a Wolves shirt from 200 meters away.i started screaming at my kids AND ITS WOLVERHAMPTON.I spoke to the spanish lad who was wearing it.he told me his dad had always supported Wolves.And him and his brother had been brought up as Wolves fans.it brought a tear to my eye.i dont know any English people who live in my city.i had never seen anyone wearing any english club shirt before.i never shut up about it for weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
I saw us get beat by Man Utd last year in McCawleys Irish bar in Shenzhen, I was out numbered by Utd 'fans' about 600:1 They were pretty sound actually - I didn't have to buy myself a drink at least...:D

S

SimplyTheWolves

Went to the moon on a day trip once, and as the landing ship approached the rocky and dusty terrain I could clearly see the words 'Wolves ay we' inscribed in the arid ground.

And then the alarm went off.

W

Wexford Wolf

Went to the moon on a day trip once, and as the landing ship approached the rocky and dusty terrain I could clearly see the words 'Wolves ay we' inscribed in the arid ground.

And then the alarm went off.

Think ive had sumit similar as well.....lol
That goddam alarm, destroyer of dreams!!!!!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was in a souvenir shop in Prague once and spotted some Wolves figures.. The owner of the shop came over and started chatting about football. Turns out he was a Bulgarian living in CR and a huge Wolves fan (strange combo!). When he found out I was a Wolves fan he disappeared into the back and came back out with a load of ticket stubs, programmes etc and started telling me the result, who scored etc. Hero. Also seen a few in Sydney.

W

Wexford Wolf

I was in a souvenir shop in Prague once and spotted some Wolves figures.. The owner of the shop came over and started chatting about football. Turns out he was a Bulgarian living in CR and a huge Wolves fan (strange combo!). When he found out I was a Wolves fan he disappeared into the back and came back out with a load of ticket stubs, programmes etc and started telling me the result, who scored etc. Hero. Also seen a few in Sydney.

been to prague too and also came across the figures you speak of!!!! if i am ever back i will be making myself known to him if he still there trading... i just thought it was really random, now i know why... Thanks allidoiswin

W

WaWolfie

Ten years back I went skiing at Treble Cone in Wanaka, New Zealand, and a guy flashed past me wearing a Wolves scarf. I met up with him in the bar later, he was born in Walsall, his parents had emigrated to NZ when he was a nipper and his Dad had brainwashed him into supporting Wolves (his words).

S

singwolf_1

Many years ago (10-15) when we had that green second strip... I got off the train (tube) at some station in Singapore... got excited when I saw a local Malay lad wearing the green top and went up to him and asked him if he was a fan.. he had a shocked expression and looked like I'd stuck a knife in his face, mumbled something, shook his head, and took off real fast....

Never really had that kind of reaction before....ok from women maybe :D

S

saigonwolves

Think there's a wolves sticker on one of the royal marines lockers on the royal yacht Britannia.

Back
Top Bottom