Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolfies pre-season make over

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the dust has settled since pre season and we were introduced to the “new Wolfie”

What are peoples thoughts?

I had an interesting chat with a colleague married( to a Chinese lady he met when he worked over there), this morning who made a great point and now he said it I cannot unsee it…..

Wolfie when drawn on the website and how he looks is now drawn and seen in a far more “Chinese or eastern art style” he said he thinks the changes were made to increase merchandise sales or “Cute mascot” t-shirts and apparel for the Chinese market as they are very popular with the younger demographic. His children who have been raised to love anime and the more Asian art styles are no bothering him to get a teddy or t-shirt and they weren’t like that with the last Wolfie and wendy…..

He like myself and the final wolves fan in the office loved the Wolfie and Wendy we had last season, so now I have been changed to the opinion that this had to be a commercially led change to increase merch sales in China.

Any thoughts?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the dust has settled since pre season and we were introduced to the “new Wolfie”

What are peoples thoughts?

I had an interesting chat with a colleague married( to a Chinese lady he met when he worked over there), this morning who made a great point and now he said it I cannot unsee it…..

Wolfie when drawn on the website and how he looks is now drawn and seen in a far more “Chinese or eastern art style” he said he thinks the changes were made to increase merchandise sales or “Cute mascot” t-shirts and apparel for the Chinese market as they are very popular with the younger demographic. His children who have been raised to love anime and the more Asian art styles are no bothering him to get a teddy or t-shirt and they weren’t like that with the last Wolfie and wendy…..

He like myself and the final wolves fan in the office loved the Wolfie and Wendy we had last season, so now I have been changed to the opinion that this had to be a commercially led change to increase merch sales in China.

Any thoughts?
The graphic style you reference is also more familiar/ fashionable to children and younger people around the world including UK and USA. It's not a style that appeals to most people on the Mix, because we are all too old. The Mix is not the demographic that designers of children's cartoon characters are, or should be, aiming at.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The graphic style you reference is also more familiar/ fashionable to children and younger people around the world including UK and USA. It's not a style that appeals to most people on the Mix, because we are all too old. The Mix is not the demographic that designers of children's cartoon characters are, or should be, aiming at.
Very true, just sharing the thoughts that were really interesting when told to me by a person raising his children to appreciate their Asian culture and how they like it.

Back
Top Bottom