Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Winter Break

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank god we have a winter break this season, our players all look out on their feet. I really think it could transform the second half of our season. I assume we will go away somwhere sunny, players can rest up and bond, get Boly and Jota back fit and bed in 1 or 2 new signings. All ready for our assault on the Europa League knockout stages!

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trip to Marbella as usual I think, straight after the Utd game on 1 Feb I imagine. Then no game before we play Leicester on 14 Feb.

The break was brought in to help our clubs in Europe mainly, making sure they have some sort of rest and then one game back to get them back up to speed before Europe kicks in again.

Hopefully it will help us massively and I’m sure it will.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trip to Marbella as usual I think, straight after the Utd game on 1 Feb I imagine. Then no game before we play Leicester on 14 Feb.

The break was brought in to help our clubs in Europe mainly, making sure they have some sort of rest and then one game back to get them back up to speed before Europe kicks in again.

Hopefully it will help us massively and I’m sure it will.
This is bang on. And sadly, being out of the cup will be a blessing in disguise I feel, more rest with a free Saturday. Just have to grind out these remaining games before the break.

modenawolf

Reaction score
We need to get through the next 3 games, hopefully gaining some points (which will be tough considering our form and the form / quality of Southampton, Liverpool and United), without picking up any further long-term injuries.

That two-week break will give the players a much needed rest, Boly, Jota and Vinagre time to get back, and any new signings time to bed-in, ready for a final push in the last months of the season.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgive my lack of knowledge on this but is this a true 2 week break? So no poxy internationals?

Excellent if that’s the case.

We need to get through the next 3 games in that case. 4 points would be great and hopefully a few new signings and time for Jota and Boly to get back to match fitness.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would give them a break from football for a week. No trip to Spain or Portugal for warm weather training. A complete break. Let the players go away with their families for a week. It's not just a physical break they need, but a mental one as well.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would give them a break from football for a week. No trip to Spain or Portugal for warm weather training. A complete break. Let the players go away with their families for a week. It's not just a physical break they need, but a mental one as well.

They need both and they'll get both. Some time with family plus some time in warm weather training. The club know the score.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They need both and they'll get both. Some time with family plus some time in warm weather training. The club know the score.

I think last season the families went with them, training in the morning and family time on the beach in the afternoon.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thank god we have a winter break this season, our players all look out on their feet. I really think it could transform the second half of our season. I assume we will go away somwhere sunny, players can rest up and bond, get Boly and Jota back fit and bed in 1 or 2 new signings. All ready for our assault on the Europa League knockout stages!

Agree totally .. Jota and Boly back plus a couple of new faces will kick start our season

North Bank

Reaction score
Forgive my lack of knowledge on this but is this a true 2 week break? So no poxy internationals?

Excellent if that’s the case.

We need to get through the next 3 games in that case. 4 points would be great and hopefully a few new signings and time for Jota and Boly to get back to match fitness.

Southampton A 18th Jan
Liverpool H 23rd Jan
*no game weekend 25/26 Jan*
Man U A 1st Feb (they have 2 extra games between now and then)
*no game weekend 8/9 Feb*
Leicester H 14th Feb (also have 2 extra games between now and then)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feeling pretty ****ed off with all things Wolves this morning. The biggest gleam of light for me is that from March on the last 10 Prem games all look like ones where we could realistically get a result (bar possibly Chelsea away?) I think we will need a good points haul from that lot to bring us a chance of EL football next season.

M

Mr Wolf

Southampton A 18th Jan
Liverpool H 23rd Jan
*no game weekend 25/26 Jan*
Man U A 1st Feb (they have 2 extra games between now and then)
*no game weekend 8/9 Feb*
Leicester H 14th Feb (also have 2 extra games between now and then)
Good info.

So we get a mini break inbetween the Liverpool & Man Utd game as no FA cup fixture then a proper break between Man Utd & Leicester.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good info.

So we get a mini break inbetween the Liverpool & Man Utd game as no FA cup fixture then a proper break between Man Utd & Leicester.

Yep which makes the Xmas scheduling even more ****ing ridiculous. 3 games in 5 days and then 1 in 22. It beggars belief. Never advocate an Xmas break but Boxing Day fixtures and New Years Day fixtures and get rid of the additional game in between. That Xmas schedule has killed us. Also no TV movement of games all games to take place on Boxing Day and New Years Day.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feeling pretty ****ed off with all things Wolves this morning. The biggest gleam of light for me is that from March on the last 10 Prem games all look like ones where we could realistically get a result (bar possibly Chelsea away?) I think we will need a good points haul from that lot to bring us a chance of EL football next season.
Don't know what you're worrying for. When we win the EL, we're in the Champions League next season so no point in flapping over EL qualification! :D:D:D

North Bank

Reaction score
Yep which makes the Xmas scheduling even more ****ing ridiculous. 3 games in 5 days and then 1 in 22. It beggars belief. Never advocate an Xmas break but Boxing Day fixtures and New Years Day fixtures and get rid of the additional game in between. That Xmas schedule has killed us. Also no TV movement of games all games to take place on Boxing Day and New Years Day.

I'm afraid good sir that your point makes far too much sense and so the powers that be up in their ivory towers would never go for it. Sky need to have 30 games in 30 days (or whatever it was last year) to justify their prices.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have had the break in January to be honest these next few weeks will be a test of whether we can last 90 minutes
Still a useful thing to have

North Bank

Reaction score
I would have had the break in January to be honest these next few weeks will be a test of whether we can last 90 minutes
Still a useful thing to have

There is no need for a weekend game between Boxing Day and New Years Day, highlighted even more by the ridiculous fixture list this year. Next year it won't happen anyway as Boxing Day is a Sunday, unless they introduce a midweek game in between.
The problem is that between Sep-Dec and Feb-May the "big clubs" will argue they have European commitments so can't play midweek league games. So only options are Dec and Jan, which is more evidence of elite favouritism in football. Personally it'd be better for a late August and one in April instead of Dec and Jan. Then there's not really a need for a break as there's more week long breaks in the middle of the season.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep - we only lost to Liverpool and Watford due to the schedule IMO

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nige100 for prime minster

Back
Top Bottom