Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

William Carvalho

OscillatingWildly

Reaction score
I would very much hope not. Lawrie Madden might have a shout at beating him in a race. Nothing like as good as what we already have.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Destroyer who breaks up play pretty effectively but is very one-paced.

Based on what I saw in the games against Braga, I’d much rather have Joao Paulinha

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we are looking to increase options in central midfield which is good. We are a bit light there.

R

reanswolf

He is a player who divides opinion, I think he is a very good player and watched him closely in the last International tournament Portugal were in. He isn't a box-to-box man though but if Nuno sees a role for him I think that is all that matters. He is a class player who would make us even stronger defensively.

Can't see us going for both him and Palhinha, who also caught my eye at home to Braga and looks a very good prospect.

Midfield is the engine room and if we want to get even better we do need to strengthen there.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If he's as described maybe he's an option for some circumstances but can't see how he fits in with our normal systems as a starter.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Destroyer who breaks up play pretty effectively but is very one-paced.

Based on what I saw in the games against Braga, I’d much rather have Joao Paulinha

He is a player who divides opinion, I think he is a very good player and watched him closely in the last International tournament Portugal were in. He isn't a box-to-box man though but if Nuno sees a role for him I think that is all that matters. He is a class player who would make us even stronger defensively.

See, I always thought he was 'just' a destroyer, defensive midfield type, as that's where he has played for most of his career and where he has mostly played for Portugal in the past.

But Alex Goncalves talked a lot last season about him being used in a more advanced role for Portugal, and being very good there. As part of the thread linking him to us, he sad this.....

"William Carvalho is perhaps frequently categorised as a defensive midfielder, but for the Portugal national team he operates in a more advanced role. And he's been sensational. His blend of elegance, composure & physicality make him hard to stop, & a top class central midfielder."

So Nuno could very well have other plans than for him to just come in as a snotter. I suppose in a similar way to how we all expected Dendoncker to be used as a holding midfielder when he played in a midfield 3 with Moutinho and Neves, but then he often found himself as the most advanced of the 3.

I appreciate it's only 1 man's opinion, but his opinions of all things Portuguese football have tended to be quite reliable in the past.

Maybe it'll be one out (probably MGW) and both Carvalho and Paulinha in?

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I once read a post on a Betis forum, which made me laugh. It said, before he was injured he was slow and now he is a tortoise.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something you hear quite often from Betis fans is, es lento y no tiene sangre. Translates to mean he is slow and has no blood, but it means he is slow and doesn't get stuck in, or give his all for the club.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
See, I always thought he was 'just' a destroyer, defensive midfield type, as that's where he has played for most of his career and where he has mostly played for Portugal in the past.

But Alex Goncalves talked a lot last season about him being used in a more advanced role for Portugal, and being very good there. As part of the thread linking him to us, he sad this.....

"William Carvalho is perhaps frequently categorised as a defensive midfielder, but for the Portugal national team he operates in a more advanced role. And he's been sensational. His blend of elegance, composure & physicality make him hard to stop, & a top class central midfielder."

So Nuno could very well have other plans than for him to just come in as a snotter. I suppose in a similar way to how we all expected Dendoncker to be used as a holding midfielder when he played in a midfield 3 with Moutinho and Neves, but then he often found himself as the most advanced of the 3.

I appreciate it's only 1 man's opinion, but his opinions of all things Portuguese football have tended to be quite reliable in the past.

Maybe it'll be one out (probably MGW) and both Carvalho and Paulinha in?

I’ve only ever seen him play defensively but as you say, Goncalves has usually been spot on about things before.

If he has been converted into a physical, attacking midfielder in the mould of a Yaya Toure (or an upgrade on Dendoncker) then that really would add a different dimension to our game.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve only ever seen him play defensively but as you say, Goncalves has usually been spot on about things before.

If he has been converted into a physical, attacking midfielder in the mould of a Yaya Toure (or an upgrade on Dendoncker) then that really would add a different dimension to our game.

Or options at the very least.

Has also played centre-back in the past too, so potentially even more options given how we set up.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss is 30, Mouts is 33 so we need to think about succession planning.

Getting someone in who can allow Neves to push forward a little more is a good idea.

I honestly don't know how we replace Moutinho though.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss is 30, Mouts is 33 so we need to think about succession planning.

Getting someone in who can allow Neves to push forward a little more is a good idea.

I honestly don't know how we replace Moutinho though.

I think trying to replace Moutinho would be foolish, as he's just so good.

I think long-term, we will end up playing 3 in central midfield. One defensive, one ball-player and one more attacking minded. That could potentially be Carvalho, Neves + an attacking midfield player.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think trying to replace Moutinho would be foolish, as he's just so good.

I think long-term, we will end up playing 3 in central midfield. One defensive, one ball-player and one more attacking minded. That could potentially be Carvalho, Neves + an attacking midfield player.

There are rumours of dendoncker to Lazio, maybe we do a deal and get Milinkovic-Savic coming our way

D

Deleted member 3545

Guess and star state no big money signings next season. IMHO be loans and youngsters

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are being linked with a young player from Botafogo today. Luis Henrique.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guess and star state no big money signings next season. IMHO be loans and youngsters
If the season doesn't finish then Wolves are projected to lose around £50 million. Unless FFP rules change no clubs will be throwing around big money. The flipside is that many clubs will be desperate for income so players will be available for much lower prices or even on free just to get them off the wage bill.
With our relatively low turnover to wage ratio and support from Fosun we could make significant improvements if FFP allows.

D

Deleted member 5635

We are being linked with a young player from Botafogo today. Luis Henrique.
You have to love paper talk there is absolutely no chance of a work permit regardless. Apparently a work permit was turned down for Carlos Vinicius when at Monaco but is now banging them in for Benfica so no chance for this lad.(maybe it’s different for youth players though)?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we are looking to increase options in central midfield which is good. We are a bit light there.
I am not saying they are a solution but we should be stronger in that area next season with both Jordao and Shabani overcoming their injuries and pressing for games.

D

Deleted member 4099

Going to be a lot trading and loaning going on of players in the next couple of windows with a lack of cash floating around.

OscillatingWildly

Reaction score
Quite possible, Juve have already asked Chelsea if they can swap Jorginho for Pjanic (Chelsea should be snapping their hand off).

I might swap a KitKat for Carvalho. Maybe.

Back
Top Bottom