Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will there be a lost generation of youngsters?

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nuno’s comments on Wolves.co.uk 24th October 2020:

On the greater effect on football

“The risk is imminent. It’s happening now. The effect the pandemic has on football, the absence of being able to practice football in parks, Sunday football, all this being away has an effect on the future. Especially, we are in generations.

“Even in terms of football players growing up, this moment will have an effect. The boys that are 14, 15 years old, if they are not able to practice football on a daily basis, it’s disruption. Maybe we’ll find ourselves in five years’ time that there’s a gap of footballers, who suffered this specific pandemic.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Nuno is right, and I think it applies to fans too. my younger brother lives and breathes Wolves and going to the matches was a huge part of that, he’d even started going to away games the last couple of years. 7 months without a live match and I can already see he’s filling his weekend with other stuff. When we’re allowed back I can easily see him saying “nah you’re alright” and doing something else.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno’s comments on Wolves.co.uk 24th October 2020:

On the greater effect on football

“The risk is imminent. It’s happening now. The effect the pandemic has on football, the absence of being able to practice football in parks, Sunday football, all this being away has an effect on the future. Especially, we are in generations.

“Even in terms of football players growing up, this moment will have an effect. The boys that are 14, 15 years old, if they are not able to practice football on a daily basis, it’s disruption. Maybe we’ll find ourselves in five years’ time that there’s a gap of footballers, who suffered this specific pandemic.
Iv been at step 6 non league games and Sunday league games every weekend for the last couple of months.
The local kids leagues are all up and running and, as far as I’m aware, outdoor sports are fine to carry on even in tier 3 areas.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It may well have an affect on the quality of youngsters in the short term, but overall i don't think it will have much impact.
What it may well do is weed out those not good enough, or those who don't have the drive to stick at it and progress so we may well see a short term of having a smaller amount of youngsters, but with greater ability and prospects.

Unfortunately my nephew will not be one as it seems he wants to be a Disney princess.

Back
Top Bottom