Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will Ruben Neves Stay...

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First off this is a genuine question.

I am not in any way intending to appear alarmist, negative, provocative, gloomy, defeatist, etc, etc. And this question has undoubtedly been addressed before, but I'm still not clear on it. So apologies for any repetition.

I simply don't understand the whole business of the modern transfer market. I'm pretty sure that contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. And there is little or no player loyalty to clubs anymore. I understand that Ruben Neves in particular will see WWFC as a stepping stone to a great career. This is fair enough. He is an enormous talent and I'm pretty sure that without him we wouldn't be on the brink of promotion. I would dearly love to watch him playing for Wolves for at least one full season in The Premiership.

So my question is: Could a club make a bid for him in the summer. And if he wanted to leave and join this club is there anything we could do to stop him...?

D

Deleted member 4722

I hope he stays but if a mega money offer comes in for him over £50 million comes in for him he might go

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he stays but if a mega money offer comes in for him over £50 million comes in for him he might go
Well this happened in January and was refused .After the WC he could be worth £80m

S

Shifnal Wolf

I feel confident we will keep him next season, but if he as expected has a similar season in the premiership we have no chance of keeping him thereafter.

He’s a top 4 player IMO and we will get mega money for him due to his age.

The lad is a special talent and he deserves to be playing at the highest level and in European competitions.

At least we have Mendes and he will assist us in getting a decent replacement.

Either way, it’s a win win situation for us.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. He will be here next season in a new contract.

Note how there’s never any mention of him in the gossip columns. Although that may change after the WC.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Ruben has a storming world cup then I think we might struggle.

Otherwise, he's still a bit of a risk for the money we'd want (i.e. the value we'd put on him) for someone not proven in the premier league.

The best way we can get him to stay is to keep improving the squad!

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There will be bids for him and whether he stays will depend on the new contract he’s offered and the quality of incoming players.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves are hopeful, but expecting a massive battle to keep him. He has the pick of a lot of clubs who are already in for him. Fingers crossed he stays, but Wolves are already looking for someone better if he goes.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will stay without a doubt! We are loaded and looking to build.

TheAdmiral

Reaction score
I feel confident we will keep him next season, but if he as expected has a similar season in the premiership we have no chance of keeping him thereafter.

He’s a top 4 player IMO and we will get mega money for him due to his age.

The lad is a special talent and he deserves to be playing at the highest level and in European competitions.

At least we have Mendes and he will assist us in getting a decent replacement.

Either way, it’s a win win situation for us.

Exactly as I see it, we will keep him for another season, but unless we are very high flying next year he will move on after that. At the moment although he’s been absolutely brilliant this year and far to good for the Chump he has yet to prove himself at Premier League level.

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves are hopeful, but expecting a massive battle to keep him. He has the pick of a lot of clubs who are already in for him. Fingers crossed he stays, but Wolves are already looking for someone better if he goes.

Someone better??!!

R

Right Sider

He seems happy enough. With the additional PL money I'm sure we can offer an improved contract if its a question of wages. Plus, we'll only improve the squad this summer. I hope he'll stay at least next season. Build around him.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he has a brilliant World Cup, with Portugal winning it, he'll go to Man United or Liverpool for £90m before the end of January.

If he doesn't have a good World Cup and gets found out in the Premiership, then he'll stay.

CITIZEN ERASED

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know he played for Portugal recently but isn't he quite far down the pecking order for them? Might not even get a game at the WC.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's nothing about his behaviour or demeanor that tells me he wants to leave the club.

Quite the opposite in fact. He seems to genuinely love it at Wolves.

Would not be surprised if Nuno made him captain next year.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I think we’ll get another year (at least) out of him as a year in the Premier League will increase his value even more, which suits all concerned parties.

After that, I think we would need to be challenging for European places to keep him as he is already well on the radar of some of the continent’s elite clubs.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he played for Portugal recently but isn't he quite far down the pecking order for them? Might not even get a game at the WC.

Think they're really struggling with long-term injuries so looks like he's going to go and might be in line for a start.

I think he's settled and happy and will give us at least a year in the Prem. If he does well and gets a big move then fair play to him.

If he ends up going to someone like West Ham, who will offer him all the money in the world if they stay up, I'd be very ****ed off.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will definitely be here next season. The question is, if Wolves develop as quickly as he does.

If we buy some top players, break into the top 6 then I think he might stay another year and see what happens. He could build a legacy here. If not he will be at one of the big boys unfortunately for a lot of money.

K

KiwiWolf

Someone better??????????? o_Oo_O:)

C

Chardee MacDennis

The 2019-20 season will be the one leading up to the Euros, and I think that will be one he will have high hopes of being a big part of.

That means that he won't be in any rush to jump ship next season. After that, too many variables to predict.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless he’s an abolsute star at the WC, not impossible with Danilo Pereira out, in which case Barca and/or Real would come calling, I can’t see it.

He seems very switched on for such a young player and he left Porto partly due to not playing regularly.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruben will need to walk the walk in the Prem before the serious money comes out. I reckon we'll have him at least until January next year, unless he has an impressive World Cup. For now, Wolves are improving with him so there's no desperate need for him to leave to continue his development, but he may outgrow us, depending on Fosun's investment/ambitions.

S

SavageWolf

If we and he can be successful next season he will stay unless one of the top 6 sides in club football plus his beloved Porto come knocking with a substantial offer.
I can't see him going to just any Premier League team. He could go to:
Man Utd - Mourinho-Mendes connection
Man City - Pep likes a player who can pass

Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal wouldn't pay what we will ask for him if he does well in the Prem.
Let's not forget we have Ruben on a 5 year deal and these players won't want to **** Mendes off so they won't just leave without a care. Neves seems like a very appreciative and loyal young lad that will see there is something special happening here and he will be the heart of the reason why Wolves will become a major player in European football in the near future.
He is going to the World Cup through playing regularly and playing well for his club and with most of the coaching staff and soon to be half of the players in the squad being Portuguese I can't see any reason for Neves to leave as long as we are achieving goals he and the club have set out, European football within a certain amount of time.

F

Flynn

He's getting regular football, is adored by the fans, and seems to be enjoying his football and working with Nuno. He's got a newborn baby daughter, and has spoken how he likes Wolverhampton. He'll stay and give us at least another season - maybe more, if it's clear we're still on an upward trajectory.

The only teams he will move for are Porto (who frankly can't afford him) or a mega-club where we would not begrudge him a move. A team like Real, Barca, Man United. He won't be rocking up at the likes of West Ham, that's for sure.

M

MattyWWFC

He seems really down to earth for a guy that’s just turned 21. He didn’t really want to leave Porto but their financial circumstances meant he had to. He came to us, got his head down, and he seems pretty settled now. No doubt he’ll return to Porto one day, but I can’t see that happening in the near future.
What is striking for me, is the difference in attitude between Ruben and English players who are the same age with half his talent.
That’s another reason we’ll never be an International powerhouse, our young players think they’ve achieved everything and the world owes them something.
He’ll stay another year, and I won’t be that upset with him when he does inevitably leave. He’s such a likeable guy and he’ll go on to have a great career because of that. Hats off to his parents for making him and bringing him up properly.

Lawndog

Reaction score
He seems really down to earth for a guy that’s just turned 21. He didn’t really want to leave Porto but their financial circumstances meant he had to. He came to us, got his head down, and he seems pretty settled now. No doubt he’ll return to Porto one day, but I can’t see that happening in the near future.
What is striking for me, is the difference in attitude between Ruben and English players who are the same age with half his talent.
That’s another reason we’ll never be an International powerhouse, our young players think they’ve achieved everything and the world owes them something.
He’ll stay another year, and I won’t be that upset with him when he does inevitably leave. He’s such a likeable guy and he’ll go on to have a great career because of that. Hats off to his parents for making him and bringing him up properly.

Very well said, Matty! Completely agree with you!

W

we8wba

Will be here for one more season then leave

So let’s just enjoy his talent whilst he’s with us

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ruben will be here next year, after that it depends on the ambitions of the club and the players brought in. He's getting seemingly better and better and if we want to keep him then we have to match it and keep improving.

D

Deleted member 4023

Lets get this season over with first. You can all worry yourselves sick over the summer if we'll even have a team or a manager next season or if the sky is going to fall down.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He could be a possible replacement for Pogba at Manchester United.

Back
Top Bottom