Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will our season fizzle out?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a good point. Yesterday's game needs to be put into perspective. In 100 years time we will all be dead, our houses and all our possessions will be sold, and if there is anyone left on this planet they won't remember us. I feel a lot better now thanks.
Scary but true.

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
they had two injuries sakamoto 2 goals and Jamie Allen 0 goals

We had cunha 9 goals, Hwang 11 goals, Neto 2 goals, bellegarde 2 goals, Dawson 1 goal

But Coventry had injuries :) :)

How many goals and assists is that collectively out of the side currently and out of how many in total?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
How many goals and assists is that collectively out of the side currently and out of how many in total?
This season:

Cunha 18 G/A
Neto 13 G/A
Hwang 13 G/A
Bellegarde 3 G/A
Dawson 2 G/A

Nearly 50 G/A altogether. As a team we’ve scored 58 goals this season, so you’re looking a massive chunk of our goal threat gone.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
they had two injuries sakamoto 2 goals and Jamie Allen 0 goals

We had cunha 9 goals, Hwang 11 goals, Neto 2 goals, bellegarde 2 goals, Dawson 1 goal

But Coventry had injuries :) :)
Sakamoto has 7 goals and 2 assists. Him getting a settled run in their team allowed them to change from 3 at the back to 4, and basically turned around their season with only 2 defeats in 17. Probably as important to them as Cunha or Neto is to us.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Allow ait nouri to be a left winger or in a free role and play hugo behind him,

Honestly, hugo was a starlet last year, back him, and put ran LW at least we then have a threay an bueno has a good cross

While we wat for bellegarde cunha etc to be fit

Id rather play bellegarde centrally

Last edited:

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When have this team given anyone the impression that they will let anything fizzle out?

They scrap for everything, fight for each other and the manager, and wear the shirt with pride. They never know when they are beaten

One poor performance against Coventry won't change that. Have some faith in the lads, they deserve it after the performances this season.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When have this team given anyone the impression that they will let anything fizzle out?

They scrap for everything, fight for each other and the manager, and wear the shirt with pride. They never know when they are beaten

One poor performance against Coventry won't change that. Have some faith in the lads, they deserve it after the performances this season.

Should be questioning fan mentality rather then the players with all these 'giving up' posts.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Totally agree

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t believe our season will fizzle out, I do believe they will scrap and fight every minute of the last 10 games and finish 8th
Another European tour coming up
I don't think the players attitude is up for debate, but more about available resource to "scrap" with.

If this team finishes 8th with our current crop of walking wounded, it will be an achievement second to none.
I do like your glass half full approach which is in keeping with mine, however I'm not quite ready to start dusting down the passport.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think the players attitude is up for debate, but more about available resource to "scrap" with.

If this team finishes 8th with our current crop of walking wounded, it will be an achievement second to none.
I do like your glass half full approach which is in keeping with mine, however I'm not quite ready to start dusting down the passport.
Go on get it out, my passport has moved from the normal safe place in the house to the bedside cabinet.
We’re on our way We’re on our way

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When have this team given anyone the impression that they will let anything fizzle out? They scrap for everything, fight for each other and the manager, and wear the shirt with pride. They never know when they are beaten. One poor performance against Coventry won't change that. Have some faith in the lads, they deserve it after the performances this season.
I don't think it's down to any one performance, but the observations of recent patterns. In the last 9, we've had fine wins at Spurs and Chelsea (and a spirited second half against Fulham too) but at the same time we surrendered a 6-pointer at Newcastle, chucked it against Man United, lost 2-0 at home to Brentford, made a pig's ear of beating one of the league's worst ever in Sheffield United, and now the capitulation on Saturday. There are signs that we are beginning to creak and slip back into indifferent form. Our home performances are particularly worrying - we will need Fortress Molineux again if we want to get over the line.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think it's down to any one performance, but the observations of recent patterns. In the last 9, we've had fine wins at Spurs and Chelsea (and a spirited second half against Fulham too) but at the same time we surrendered a 6-pointer at Newcastle, chucked it against Man United, lost 2-0 at home to Brentford, made a pig's ear of beating one of the league's worst ever in Sheffield United, and now the capitulation on Saturday. There are signs that we are beginning to creak and slip back into indifferent form. Our home performances are particularly worrying - we will need Fortress Molineux again if we want to get over the line.
Exactly this. The term "fizzle out" doesn't mean that we expect the players to be on the beach and stop fighting for each other, we all know that they won't give up. It is likely to "fizzle out" points wise because we have injuries to massive players for us and not enough bodies or quality to come in in their place.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our season will fizzle out like a bottle of Rola Cola which has been opened for 20 mins.
IT's going to go flat and will a sour taste in the mouths of what could have been if I spent extra bob and got the real deal.
FOSUN checked their pockets and found buttons and fluff and a letter from the bank saying close to maximum over-draft..

Rola Cola it is!

1710766853317.png

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Ok lets be honest we are all downbeat and dissapointed after Saturday it hurt and will do for sometime.

However, now is the time the team need our support the most to lift the as well- if the players were to read some of the comments on here they would probably be annoyed after all the efforts they have put in to read that some on here seem to have already given up on them.

So looking at our remaining fixtures there are only 3 where we would not really be expected to get anything from (but never say never) Arsenal, City & Liverpool the other 7 we can/should/will get something. Get a grip folks ( I know its shouting but) THE SEASON IS FAR FROM OVER.

There is still a lot to play for we the supporters can be the 12th man again as we have been on I occasions this season.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fizzle out?……are you joking?

We are miles ahead of where we thought we’d be…….which is a SUCCESS.
Gary has done wonders and with a small squad and injuries we have achieved more than maybe we should have.
And yet, some think if we drop some points between now and season end, that it will be a fizzle.

Good people, thankfully, this season is a fizzle-free zone. :) :) :)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our season will fizzle out like a bottle of Rola Cola which has been opened for 20 mins.
IT's going to go flat and will a sour taste in the mouths of what could have been if I spent extra bob and got the real deal.
FOSUN checked their pockets and found buttons and fluff and a letter from the bank saying close to maximum over-draft..

Rola Cola it is!

View attachment 41254
Take the happy pill.

1710782184250.jpeg

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fizzle out?……are you joking? We are miles ahead of where we thought we’d be…….which is a SUCCESS. Gary has done wonders and with a small squad and injuries we have achieved more than maybe we should have. And yet, some think if we drop some points between now and season end, that it will be a fizzle. Good people, thankfully, this season is a fizzle-free zone. :) :) :)
Bruno Lage's first season was a success, given where we were the season before and the suboptimal situation he inherited (with a stricter budget, too). But no one would deny the season fizzled out after Leeds - which ominously was two years ago to the day. I've doubted the fortitude of this group before and they have proved me wrong, but the exposed shallowness of the squad has been coming for months, and I fear it may be a bridge too far. Young Fraser was so far out of his depth on Saturday that it felt like we were playing with 10 men at times - unfortunately we need him to step up if we want to stay competitive until Cunha and Hwang come back.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno Lage's first season was a success, given where we were the season before and the suboptimal situation he inherited (with a stricter budget, too). But no one would deny the season fizzled out after Leeds - which ominously was two years ago to the day. I've doubted the fortitude of this group before and they have proved me wrong, but the exposed shallowness of the squad has been coming for months, and I fear it may be a bridge too far. Young Fraser was so far out of his depth on Saturday that it felt like we were playing with 10 men at times - unfortunately we need him to step up if we want to stay competitive until Cunha and Hwang come back.
Valid points but all I’m basically saying is that, imo, this is a successful season especially when you consider all factors.
And we were always on to likely to drop some points before the season ends.

Now, hopefully, Gary can make us a little bit more consistent nest season…….we tend to be too hot or cold.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yet we still lost because we conceded 3 at home to a Championship club, not because we couldn't score. We've had matches with those 3 forwards where we've created and/or scored fewer!

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm as happy and chilled as you can be.
I cannot influence what will happen or occur so my emotions are fully in check.

The defeat I heard on Saturday after my Football match (as I run a football team) and thought, oh well would have been nice but wasn't to be (no though on how we played or how well Coventry did).

So I'm happy, are we going to be relegated- Nope
Are we going to win the Cup ? Nope
Are we going to finish 8th into European spots - probably Nope..
Oh well - well done boys, places at least 7 places higher than expected, £14m in kitty for league placements than predicted..
I'm chilled

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the correct attitude. I've generally given up hope of seeing Wolves win something, each defeat just chipped away to the point where I really am in a weird state of totally lacking care, it just means now I can switch off football related talk till August.
I think that if the overall trajectory is improvement, even next season over this one, we could win either of the two cups.

Three injuries and a lack of cover has killed us. That might not be the case next season.

Unearth two South Americans of Jao Gomes' quality (and price) - one winger, one backup striker - keep Cunha, get a first choice striker from the sales of Hwang and Neto (£60m)

Works out as a net spend of around £30m, much less if we can shift all the dross currently on loan. Plenty of room for a quality centre back and well within FFP.

Then again, this is Wolves. I've seen us on the cusp of breaking through into the higher echelons a number of times in 50+ years. Up to now, we've always shot ourselves in the backside.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fizzle out?……are you joking?

We are miles ahead of where we thought we’d be…….which is a SUCCESS.
Gary has done wonders and with a small squad and injuries we have achieved more than maybe we should have.
And yet, some think if we drop some points between now and season end, that it will be a fizzle.

Good people, thankfully, this season is a fizzle-free zone. :) :) :)
I like the optimism but if we end up 14th with not many wins or good performances between now and the end of the season I would say that the season has fizzled out.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the optimism but if we end up 14th with not many wins or good performances between now and the end of the season I would say that the season has fizzled out.
If that’s your perception then you’re not wrong as it’s all subjective.
But we might agree that we’re in a stronger position for next season than the start of this one.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that’s your perception then you’re not wrong as it’s all subjective.
But we might agree that we’re in a stronger position for next season than the start of this one.
In principle yes subject to who we sell and what we replace them with

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Allow ait nouri to be a left winger or in a free role and play hugo behind him,

Honestly, hugo was a starlet last year, back him, and put ran LW at least we then have a threay an bueno has a good cross

While we wat for bellegarde cunha etc to be fit

Id rather play bellegarde centrally
Agreed, particularly if Dawson is in. If not could add Doc (RWB and move Semedo over) to improve height/heading.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot believe that Doc is anywhere near a PL squad nevermind the first team.

It is incredible.
3yr deal for an aging player too, who we'll likely have to pay off to move on either this summer or next.

Don't get it.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3yr deal for an aging player too, who we'll likely have to pay off to move on either this summer or next.

Don't get it.

It was another Mendes favour. Yawn, but fair enough, whatever.

However, don't then play him. His beer knockers and ass are as big as mine and we've got Bueno who is twice the player.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet we still lost because we conceded 3 at home to a Championship club, not because we couldn't score. We've had matches with those 3 forwards where we've created and/or scored fewer!
Attack and defence arent indepedent of each other. If you carry a big punch people are less inclined to punch you. If you carry no threat they feel confident to attack you.
If Cov had Neto, Hwang & Cunha to worry about on the counter they’d barely have risked an attack.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom