Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will our season fizzle out?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Re your very last part…..
Exactly. 70 next month and have learned to compartmentalize my Wolves emotions and take a lot of solace from watching us play top half footy in the PL for 6 years now.
I said this morning, watching Wolves is a bit like life, we know it'll end badly, so may as well try to enjoy the ride.

Although to be fair I enjoyed about 10 minutes of the 100 today.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your very last part…..
Exactly. 70 next month and have learned to compartmentalize my Wolves emotions and take a lot of solace from watching us play top half footy in the PL for 6 years now.
I still live on the memory of Andy Gray being presented by a wide open goal by Shilton and Needham in 1980..:)

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
For me our season is done after this result. At the start of the season we all had low expectations. I would of taken 17th. As usual the hope that kills you. Injuries have had a massive impact on us and they will until the summer. Because we could not spend we went into the summer with a squad that had a lot of senior pro's sold and few replacements bought in. We have somehow found ourselves at a point 3/4's into the season where we were in a position to finish strong and get to semi at least (on paper, but we all know its not played on paper) and possibly finish in the euro qualification in the league. But, in getting to this point most of our front line are injured, we do not have suitable rotation for the starting 11. The wheels are possibly coming off. I hope I am wrong and we managed to finish strong in the league. Cunha back will be a massive plus. Hwang still 5/6 weeks away, Neto looks like season. Bellegarde should be fit but yet to adapt. I do not feel confident at all. Especially after watching today's awful performance. But, one thing this wolves team do is surprise you. I have said before we are a true mid table team as we're very inconsistent. We can beat anyone on our day but also lose to anyone.

Just after today for me it has a feel of Lage's. We can see the summit but we keep tripping.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think swearing at someone for having an opinion is uncalled for and undermines your post. So thanks for the comment but I’ll take it with a pinch salt and continue to believe we’ve had a great season that is now winding down. Enjoy your weekend
Apologies .. I’m ****ed off.

But, don’t give up on this manager and group of players. They have achieved so much.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I said this morning, watching Wolves is a bit like life, we know it'll end badly, so may as well try to enjoy the ride.

Although to be fair I enjoyed about 10 minutes of the 100 today.
Don't want to get soppy, but our club makes my life better. Even when we lose, I'm part of a community, I always have matches to look forward to etc... We may have lost today but when I have kids I'll pass this down onto them.

If it'll all end badly at least I get to spend my time on this Earth following Wolves!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today's result was defined by our injuries and how the rest of our season goes will imo depend on whether we can get Cunha and Hwang together for the last 10 games. We have 6 winnable games ahead but without these 2 our chances are limited.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite the result I am still saying it- if the board back GON properly he is taking us places.
Yep … I’m disappointed the ‘Fosun’ thread was locked because (although I disagree with the overriding sentiment) there is a debate to be had regarding their feast/famine team investment strategy and just how threadbare the squad has been left for this season.

I really feel for GON tonight. He had very few cards left to play … if any.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Yep … I’m disappointed the ‘Fosun’ thread was locked because (although I disagree with the overriding sentiment) there is a debate to be had regarding their feast/famine team investment strategy and just how threadbare the squad has been left for this season.

I really feel for GON tonight. He had very few cards left to play … if any.
He had his hands tied behind his back and his feet smashed with a hammer! Weird analogy but it does the job.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it will, we will get 2 or 3 more wins if were lucky, but season feels done now, that said wherever we finish this season now I believe the majority on here would of given their right hand for a that position at the start of the season

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it will, we will get 2 or 3 more wins if were lucky, but season feels done now, that said wherever we finish this season now I believe the majority on here would of given their right hand for a that position at the start of the season
Worrying echoes of the decline at the end of Lage's first season after a poor winter window.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Worrying echoes of the decline at the end of Lage's first season after a poor winter window.
If the same thing has happened under multiple managers for the same reason caused by the same people... You think they'd have learned! This summer has to be a big one. We have had a great season, injuries have exposed us though and we need reinforcements if GON is to do this repeatedly.

He deserves the backing.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Lots to play for still. And we’re playing a lot of teams with lots to play for too.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today's result was defined by our injuries and how the rest of our season goes will imo depend on whether we can get Cunha and Hwang together for the last 10 games. We have 6 winnable games ahead but without these 2 our chances are limited.
Been reading through all the post game threads and I think some of us are missing the point …..

It’s not about Gary’s tactics or injuries or the bloody January window or Jeff or the board or the sun or the price of ice cream.

We were winning the game and we couldn’t protect the lead against Coventry for a few more measly minutes. We had 11 PL professional players on the pitch and after Coventry tied, the players still blew it.
Too often this season , in the dying minutes of games we are scrambling , hanging on in desperation waiting for the final whistle.
Well today our luck ran out .

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Agreed. He also seems to thrive with not having the defensive responsibility. Can properly express himself
He's just a player who GON can do so much with. Seeing him without the defensive tasks today made me see him in a different light. I think necessity has found us, as someone else has said, our Neto replacement.

I love it when a position change unlocks true potential. Not in a rude way, but I don't think RAN is a defender after seeing him today.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Been reading through all the post game threads and I think some of us are missing the point …..

It’s not about Gary’s tactics or injuries or the bloody January window or Jeff or the board or the sun or the price of ice cream.

We were winning the game and we couldn’t protect the lead against Coventry for a few more measly minutes. We had 11 PL professional players on the pitch and after Coventry tied, the players still blew it.
Too often this season , in the dying minutes of games we are scrambling , hanging on in desperation waiting for the final whistle.
Well today our luck ran out .
True, but then again we were incredibly lucky to be ahead in the game at all. The fact that we didn't take advantage of that luck just hurt all the more.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON won't want the season to fizzle and die . That happened to his Bournemouth team last season . He'll want as many points as possible . Two weeks rest will do the squad the world of good . We go again and the focus should be to achieve the highest points total since our return to the top division .

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may run out of steam of flogging a wafer thin squad but we’re safe and lay off GON whatever happens. Imagine what he could have done had he got that striker he wanted.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speaking to a united fan he sees ran as lw as do I I think if Neto is still sold you move ran forward but ran also likely to have bids only 22

Stourwolf

Reaction score
Think it’s done.to many injuries,squad way too small ! we have 80 million pounds of strikers out on loan ! Thats a problem to any club.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
A lot will depend on our ability to bounce against the Villa. Sticking it to the Brummies will be just the pick me up we need, but another thumping and I fear the flip flops will be out.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
I thought the Fulham game would be the 'one game too many' where our threadbare squad would start to feel it and our form would dip. Maybe that's today. April looks tough to me and that last game of the season could be ugly.

But this team does have a habit of surprising you when you think it's down and out. Heal our wounds and go again. You still can't call this season anything but a success, in the grander scheme.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk of Europe and dreams of winning the FA Cup were always pie in the sky imho. We have done very well, exceptionally well, to have the season we have had so far but I think we will finish 10-12th and that Will still be remarkably good compared to where we all though we would be in August.
And to be honest, after Luton and Ipswich I was ready to ditch GON, but he has got us performing far better than expected and I was wrong; the small squad and injuries have done for us, but it’s still been a far better season than expected.

Back
Top Bottom