Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Why? Just why would you?

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone seriously thinks a misspelled swear word equates in offensiveness with a t shirt meaning 'i think more innocent people should have died'... Words fail me.

Anyone else remember a significant portion of Molineux singing Ten German Bombers, I think at Michael Ballack? Wonder how that would go down these days.
So you are another that thinks you have a monopoly on what someone else finds offensive?

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you educate a moron?
Look at history.
Take a look at how racism has been handled.
Racism is still around but slowly but surely, society has found a way to educate and it has helped change views of how people see each other. It's not going away completely because of the prejudices that people are brought up with but it is getting better.

This example of a moron wearing a shirt aimed at dead Liverpool supporters is entirely tasteless, ignorant and disgusting but he should have been made to remove his shirt or leave the stadium rather than arrest him. I wonder what he thinks of his actions today?

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't need to be lectured by someone who outright says "I don't like the French".
Well, I don't. Deal with it.
Oh... I do like Catherine Deneuve and the ferry out of the place though... so I wasn't entirely truthful. ;)

Reaction score
I know a lot of people have already made the point, but that's because we're pretty ****ed off at the words "pretty much all of us" in your post. Never heard it sung by Wolves and would have never have contemplated singing it in the 70s / 80s / 90s/ 00s. In other words never. Don't know anyone else who would have contemplated it either. Maybe it has been sung in the past but not by "pretty much all of us."
Perhaps I was in a parallel universe North Bank when it was sung.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the 2018/19 season Liverpool got 97 points but it wasn't enough because Man City got 98.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely despair at anyone thinking the french connection logo is on a par with what that idiot wore yesterday. Mind boggling.
Always interesting how this forum responds when someone offers a differing opinion. The high and mighty quick to judge how other people think. Nothing new in that I suppose.

What I have learned today is that are obviously different levels of being offended. To be offended by someone else is your own choice. Have at it.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always interesting how this forum responds when someone offers a differing opinion. The high and mighty quick to judge how other people think. Nothing new in that I suppose.

What I have learned today is that are obviously different levels of being offended. To be offended by someone else is your own choice. Have at it.
I just don’t understand your reasoning for putting both on the same level. There is nothing high and mighty about that in my opinion.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Perhaps I was in a parallel universe North Bank when it was sung.
I think maybe a fair few of those denying hearing it must have started going when it was rare for us to play Manchester United. In the 70s it was a common North Bank song whenever we played them. Assuming I'm thinking of the same song everybody else is.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don’t understand your reasoning for putting both on the same level. There is nothing high and mighty about that in my opinion.
As I said, it's your choice to be offended or not. You don't have to care what other people think, say or do. Nothing has happened to you. Information just passed from one to another.

When you say you are offended, in essence you are saying that you wish that the other person hadn't thought, said or did something. You want to stop someone from communicating in the manner they have and that you believe you or some authority has some sort of right to stop them from doing so.

So when people say they don't understand my reasoning for putting both on the same level, you are effectively trying to tell me how to think. As I said, I do think both are offensive but why does one have to rank higher than another? What right do you have to tell me that because you think one should be higher, that I should then rank one above another?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
As I said, it's your choice to be offended or not. You don't have to care what other people think, say or do. Nothing has happened to you. Information just passed from one to another.

When you say you are offended, in essence you are saying that you wish that the other person hadn't thought, said or did something. You want to stop someone from communicating in the manner they have and that you believe you or some authority has some sort of right to stop them from doing so.

So when people say they don't understand my reasoning for putting both on the same level, you are effectively trying to tell me how to think. As I said, I do think both are offensive but why does one have to rank higher than another? What right do you have to tell me that because you think one should be higher, that I should then rank one above another?
Here's a clue. They're not remotely on the same level whatever you are trying to argue.
I pointed out a stupid hill for a poster to die on the other day. This is as bad.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's a clue. They're not remotely on the same level whatever you are trying to argue.
I pointed out a stupid hill for a poster to die on the other day. This is as bad.
OK. You keep telling me what I should think. I'll put you on ignore like several others. Have a nice day.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Idiots why would anyone think this is a good idea whilst leaving the house??

I don’t want to open a can of worms here but I heard United fan once say “Liverpool own fans are murderers” they have no shame even if it has a point to it sick sick club. No need to say these kind of things. Some people are just riddled with hate.

We all poke fun at vile and the sparrow heads but I wouldn’t wish anyone dead. People just want to watch an honest game of football and go home

Kford

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They will probably only give him a slap on the wrist instead of locking him up for a few years or ban him from ever going to a football match . I hope if he has a job he is sacked and won’t get any benefits . Or better still Liverpool fans find out who he is and beat him up .

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t want to open a can of worms here but I heard United fan once say “Liverpool own fans are murderers” they have no shame even if it has a point to it sick sick club. No need to say these kind of things. Some people are just riddled with hate.

We all poke fun at vile and the sparrow heads but I wouldn’t wish anyone dead. People just want to watch an honest game of football and go home
To make a statement. A sad one.

You have to remember that part of the issue here isn't what happened in 1989. Heysel started a lot of the issues as English clubs were banned from Europe because 39 people died, mostly Juventus fans. That caused a lot of resentment among fans of Everton and MUFC. Everton were the champions that season and they MUFC , Norwich and Southampton were all denied an opportunity to compete.

The report exonerating Liverpool fans for Hillsbrough didn't go down well with Everton or MUFC fans as they held Liverpool fans partly responsible for the deaths.... and you have to remember, Everton fans had family members pass away that day as well.

So, we then went from a situation where English teams dominated the European Cup to not being able to compete. Frankly, the hatred is at similar levels to Celtic / Rangers at times. It's not all that surprising there are one or two idiots that want to glorify the death of an opponent. It's been happening since time began. Sad as that is to say.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed. Banter is part of the game. I give my Albion supporting friends a bit of stick when they are not doing very well, and they do the same to me when Wolves are struggling. But that is all it is, just banter. I would never wish ill of people just because they support a different football team to me. To wear a shirt like this man did. goes way beyond banter, and is disgusting.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at history.
Take a look at how racism has been handled.
Racism is still around but slowly but surely, society has found a way to educate and it has helped change views of how people see each other. It's not going away completely because of the prejudices that people are brought up with but it is getting better.

This example of a moron wearing a shirt aimed at dead Liverpool supporters is entirely tasteless, ignorant and disgusting but he should have been made to remove his shirt or leave the stadium rather than arrest him. I wonder what he thinks of his actions today?
I bet you this guy is a smug, arrogant, ill- educated, loud-mouthed, boring piece of crap, the type of guy who lets his pit bull crap on your front lawn and thinks its funny. To him being arrested is just another incarceration to add to the list and something he can boast about down the pub. His pals will most likely be too intimidated to comment but support his view of the police state we live in. Unlike most people he will have no remorse over his actions and no consideration of the hurt and sorrow he will have caused. Today will be like any other; a lie in, down the pub, a large hangover and tomorrow, the start of another week claiming the dole and down the bookies. Saturday was just another day.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They will probably only give him a slap on the wrist instead of locking him up for a few years or ban him from ever going to a football match . I hope if he has a job he is sacked and won’t get any benefits . Or better still Liverpool fans find out who he is and beat him up .
Locking him up or banning him for that is over the top. I like the suggestion of putting him in a room with some of those that have suffered. Usually, unless the other human being has no empathy whatsoever, it helps change viewpoints. It's why families of a murdered relative are sometimes able to forgive the murderer after they have met them, only in reverse.

It's interesting that you say he should be beaten up by Liverpool fans. What good would that do? It's also interesting that this is the response to him wearing a vile t-shirt. Don't like what someone thinks, says or does and the answer is beat them up. :(

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet you this guy is a smug, arrogant, ill- educated, loud-mouthed, boring piece of crap, the type of guy who lets his pit bull crap on your front lawn and thinks its funny. To him being arrested is just another incarceration to add to the list and something he can boast about down the pub. His pals will most likely be too intimidated to comment but support his view of the police state we live in. Unlike most people he will have no remorse over his actions and no consideration of the hurt and sorrow he will have caused. Today will be like any other; a lie in, down the pub, a large hangover and tomorrow, the start of another week claiming the dole and down the bookies. Saturday was just another day.
A lot of supposition there. Human beings can change. A lot do with the passage of time.
Hopefully he's learning some lessons about his behaviour.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guy is 33 years old……….he’s not an immature teen.

In some ways I kinda feel sorry for him…….33 and still hasn’t grown up. Sad.
That's a bit of a premature judgment. Have you met him? Do you know what challenges in life he has faced?
Is he mentally stable? None of us know. All that we know is that he made a deplorable choice yesterday.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Lest we forget our 81' semi-final at Hillsborough. It was a disaster waiting to happen. There's way too much genuine hatred between certain clubs, which seems to be passed from generation to generation. Anyways, now he's been named, pretty sure retribution, in some shape or form, will be heading his way (in itself, a sad indictment of certain aspects of football fan culture).

It was just a really stupid thing to do. though I'm sure he enjoyed and basked in his 15 minutes of fame.

Back
Top Bottom