Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

WHU tickets

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Looks like Wolves Ticketing have learnt after Spurs by starting WHU 30 point higher for the same matches (1210 from 1180) - even if they give 600 away again the points they sold out at 1170 is not till the second Saturday of sales which is the 5th day of Loyalty Points Sales

Attachments

• Away Info West Ham United.pdf
    156.6 KB · Views: 47

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Thought I'd get in easy to this to be honest having snuck under the wire for Spurs.
Hopefully be OK tomorrow to get in for this. I do feel for the poor buggers who just miss out and get left further and further behind though.
Going to sell out the same as Spurs though or just below so conclude what you will from that.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I'd get in easy to this to be honest having snuck under the wire for Spurs.
Hopefully be OK tomorrow to get in for this. I do feel for the poor buggers who just miss out and get left further and further behind though.
Going to sell out the same as Spurs though or just below so conclude what you will from that.

We’re all resigned to the fact that it’s a closed shop, and should have bought a season ticket after the Chorley match :D

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
We’re all resigned to the fact that it’s a closed shop, and should have bought a season ticket after the Chorley match :D

Yes, I know it's been done to death but they need some sort of system for giving people a chance to at least do a couple of games a season, to be honest I probably did 5-10 away games a season depending on circumstances and how well we were doing for years. I did a lot in the Champ winning season and what great times we had. Now I do virtually all the ones I can get a ticket for, knowing if I miss one I might never get in again! Ironically of course that means that ones like this that I might miss I go to and deprive someone else of the chance.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
yow ay doin yaself any favours by saying.Depending how well we were doing.The arguments are that a lot of us still went wen we were ****.:(

Just being honest, trekking half the length on the country to watch us play **** wasn't always appealing, of course I know some have gone everywhere regardless, but nobody made them, presumably they enjoyed the day, I doubt many went week in week out just to support the team while hating it most times. Maybe there are thousands, but I never struggled to get tickets when I wanted them.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I know it's been done to death but they need some sort of system for giving people a chance to at least do a couple of games a season, to be honest I probably did 5-10 away games a season depending on circumstances and how well we were doing for years. I did a lot in the Champ winning season and what great times we had. Now I do virtually all the ones I can get a ticket for, knowing if I miss one I might never get in again! Ironically of course that means that ones like this that I might miss I go to and deprive someone else of the chance.
There is a system in place.

It's called relegation.:)

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just being honest, trekking half the length on the country to watch us play **** wasn't always appealing, of course I know some have gone everywhere regardless, but nobody made them, presumably they enjoyed the day, I doubt many went week in week out just to support the team while hating it most times. Maybe there are thousands, but I never struggled to get tickets when I wanted them.
Name me many Saturday games over the last 30 years when we havnt taken a minimum of 2000?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Name me many Saturday games over the last 30 years when we havnt taken a minimum of 2000?

Appreciate we don’t want to do this whole conversation again as it certainly has been done to death, and ultimately those who were going most regularly in the seasons prior to our promotion now have first dibs on all tickets.

But as has been posted above, we took circa 2,000 more often than not no matter how hard we were doing, yet I still went to at least 5-8 away games a season in previous seasons varying from L1 right the way through to PL seasons pre-2018. Funny how I always managed to get a ticket then despite only being a member, apart from WBA away and Liverpool away in the cup stand out as the only games I tried to get to but couldn’t. Managed to get tickets for Stevenage, Crawley and Swindon no problems in L1 with small allocations.

Anyway, as stated it is what it is, and those most loyal to the club in the immediate seasons before our promotion deservedly have access to the away tickets. But I don’t believe every single one of those that get in the queue before me for tickets based on loyalty points went to more games than I have over the past 6/7 years in particular (and more!).

ShifnalWolf

Graphmaster General
Reaction score
Looks like there may be c.100 on sale for people with 1,170.

Spurs sold out at 1,180 so looks like the club have taken c.500 for families/friends rather than the 600 they took for spurs.

I wish they would be transparent about this

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Just a little bump to remind people that these are on sale to supporters with 1160 at 10am tomorrow (2/3/20) morning and there are still a couple of dozen left (beyond the wheelchair seating).

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Loads knocking around for sale. Amazing the amount of fans who could go now can't to this.......

Should be returned to ticket office for fans next in line. But the human race is full selfish ****s.
See you down there.

Indeed - including on here.
It's in that mode now where people who do it know it's wrong, but that if they do the decent thing a couple of times they'll never be in again and someone else will be shutting them out.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they can print passport numbers on the Olympiacos tickets, then they can print names/DOB’s on away tickets and insist on ID checks outside the away turnstiles (even if it’s sending a dozen of our own stewards)

I’ve benefited from buying spares for mates, and am an AST anyway, but not good seeing mates who easily did 5-6 or more every year on their own numbers completely locked out the system now.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loads knocking around for sale. Amazing the amount of fans who could go now can't to this.......

Should be returned to ticket office for fans next in line. But the human race is full selfish ****s.
See you down there.
Where are they on sale? I want 2. My boy's 18th birthday, so would be a nice treat.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The flip side is some of us travel for 2-4 hours to every game we can. I didn't buy for one league cup game and that's forced me to miss several more.

It isn't immoral - the tickets get moved around to people who want them. If they were being sold for profit or unused, that would be wrong.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
The flip side is some of us travel for 2-4 hours to every game we can. I didn't buy for one league cup game and that's forced me to miss several more.

It isn't immoral - the tickets get moved around to people who want them. If they were being sold for profit or unused, that would be wrong.

Have to disagree. Plenty of people now on say 1170 will have bought tickets for West Ham with no intention of going, sold it on (even if not for profit) and then got ahead of others so they can go to Chelsea for the 4th place decider we'll all be desperate for. Not saying I have a solution but it's not moral. I'm looking forward to the game but to be honest it's a drag to get to and I'm up the back about a mile from the far goal so I might have given it a miss, but desperate for the rest of the aways this season.

D

Deleted member 4099

As I’ve said many times before it’s the premier leagues away ticket allocation policy that is wrong not our loyalty points system 3000 for Spurs and West Ham is a joke considering the size of the grounds. Should be a minimum of 3000 up to capacity of 30,000 and then 10% over 30,000.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I’ve said many times before it’s the premier leagues away ticket allocation policy that is wrong not our loyalty points system 3000 for Spurs and West Ham is a joke considering the size of the grounds. Should be a minimum of 3000 up to capacity of 30,000 and then 10% over 30,000.
I also think clubs should be fined if they have large numbers of empty seats and refuse to give away teams more tickets when requested.

It’d help both sets of fans imo, more away tickets and reduced prices to sell more of the empty seats in home areas.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I also think clubs should be fined if they have large numbers of empty seats and refuse to give away teams more tickets when requested.

It’d help both sets of fans imo, more away tickets and reduced prices to sell more of the empty seats in home areas.
Your plan is absolutely barking. There is no way the police would wear it for a start. You just can't force teams either to move their own fans, some of them perhaps season ticket holders, to accommodate away fans. If your plan came in you could also forget the £30 away tickets. There is no way that you can force a club either to let in more away fans for less than it's own fans are paying or to reduce prices for their own fans.
Any such rule, were it ever put into practice, would likely be ruled illegal by the Courts in about 10 seconds flat too. You would be trying to force a business to do something contrary to the best interests of the shareholders for no legally justifiable reason.

D

Deleted at own request member 8370

Tbf when we expand above 32k I'd be ****ed to see 4/5000 fans at our place knowing we'd only get 3000 at theirs due to the size of their stadium. Get 3000 everywhere apart from Bournemouth, Norwich, Burnley and Watford. It's just the fairest way of doing it. Big allocations should only be for cup ties IMO.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only ways to stop the selling on is-

A.
People not purchasing on the secondary market (not going to happen)

B.
Club either police it themselves, or purchase from twitter/Facebook etc then ban a few from buying away tickets.

Again, club have no interest.
The loyalty system is probably the fairest way to distribute tickets, it's people misusing the scheme that are causing problems for everyone else.

Just like to add the resale of tickets not done through proper channels, is actually a criminal offence, whether for profit or loss.

Last edited:

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just like to add the resale of tickets not done through proper channels, is actually a criminal offence, whether for profit or loss.

You never bought or sold a gig ticket after the event had sold out?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You never bought or sold a gig ticket after the event had sold out?
Tbh no, but that's not illegal, so not a consideration. Only football tickets resale are restricted by law.

M

merseawolf

Only ways to stop the selling on is-

A.
People not purchasing on the secondary market (not going to happen)

B.
Club either police it themselves, or purchase from twitter/Facebook etc then ban a few from buying away tickets.

Again, club have no interest.
The loyalty system is probably the fairest way to distribute tickets, it's people misusing the scheme that are causing problems for everyone else.

Better watch out for the ticket police then

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh no, but that's not illegal, so not a consideration. Only football tickets resale are restricted by law.

Fair enough, I thought reselling of gig tickets was illegal these days unless they use an official 'reseller'. Know thousands of people do it all the time with no complaints.

D

Deleted member 4099

Tbf when we expand above 32k I'd be ****ed to see 4/5000 fans at our place knowing we'd only get 3000 at theirs due to the size of their stadium. Get 3000 everywhere apart from Bournemouth, Norwich, Burnley and Watford. It's just the fairest way of doing it. Big allocations should only be for cup ties IMO.

And that attitude is why atmospheres continue to decline. And why people can’t get tickets for away games.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we got to 40,000 and over we wouldn't sell out after a while, the atmosphere would slowly die unless we let more away fans come. Tickets would eventually become easy to come by and we'd be desperately trying to flog a few thousand to day trippers. Facts I'm afraid. Everybody gets bored at some point. Hopefully we can keep rising for the next couple of years but even if we do, that'll soon become stale or frankly too expensive for those 'additional' people to turn up so often.

D

Deleted at own request member 8370

If we got to 40,000 and over we wouldn't sell out after a while, the atmosphere would slowly die unless we let more away fans come. Tickets would eventually become easy to come by and we'd be desperately trying to flog a few thousand to day trippers. Facts I'm afraid. Everybody gets bored at some point. Hopefully we can keep rising for the next couple of years but even if we do, that'll soon become stale or frankly too expensive for those 'additional' people to turn up so often.
We'd sell out 40-45k and only reason we wouldn't would be relegation.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

and then we all die too at some point. bummer eh

Back
Top Bottom