Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who's contracts need renewing?

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know Jody's contract is up at the end of the season, and personally I think he's done enough to get another year (depending who else is signed of course). But what's the score with other players contracts....did Jarvis ever sign that new deal?

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jarvis signed a new contract, Foley was in discussions I believe.

P

Paul76

I'm sure he'll sign. I'm not sure how much is wage is, but he does deserve a nice, fat pay rise.

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What about all the palyers who have been out on loan this year? Have they all got 1 year+ contracts?

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jarvis signed. I have not heard anything about Foley being offered a new deal yet, unfortunately.

R

Redditch Wolves

Has anyone got a list of players whose contract is up in the summer?

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of contract end of 2008/9

Mark Salmon
Elliott Bennett
Lee Collins
Liam Hughes
Matthew Bailey
Lewis Gobern (on loan at Colchester)
Jody Craddock
Kyel Reid (on loan until end of season)
Nigel Quashie (on loan until end of season)
Marlon Harewood (on loan until end of season)

W

Welsh Y'am Y'am

Mark Salmon
Elliott Bennett
Lee Collins
Liam Hughes
Matthew Bailey

Jody Craddock

I don't know enough about those in bold to comment.

As for the others, I don't think Gobern will have his renewed, which is a shame because he's another injury-ridden player who showed a lot of promise when he first made his way into the first team. Pace to burn and tackles back - a McCarthy winger if ever there were one. Whether the club could justify offering a new contract to someone with so few appearances over the past 3 years will be the question.

As for Craddock, I have admired his attitude and application since his return to the team but I think it was Deutsch who hit the nail on the head when he reminded us that Craddock was too slow in 2003-04, his time has passed and as I said on the verdict thread, he'll make a good centre half for a championship team next season.

Reid, i can't really comment as I have seen next to nothing of him. Seemed to make an impact against Derby but, by all accounts, was awful against Plymouth.

Quashie can $$$$ right off.

Harewood I'm unsure about still. Maybe he'll get his chance to show us what he can do in the last two games - he's going to be playing for a contract that's for certain. I commented in the QPR verdict that he looked short on confidence, maybe now the pressure is off he can relax up top a bit - if he gets a chance to play of course - with SEB fit and the team playing to Keogh's strengths, he might struggle to get much of a chance as I think Vokes should definitely get some action in the last two games - he deserves it.

R

RnBWolf

Mark Salmon
Elliott Bennett
Lee Collins
Liam Hughes
Matthew Bailey
Jody Craddock

I would hope only Kyle Reid (heard at the ground on Sat he should be signing) and Craddock on perhaps a 1-year contract (for experience) will be kept on.

D

Dragonwolf

I know Jody's contract is up at the end of the season, and personally I think he's done enough to get another year (depending who else is signed of course). But what's the score with other players contracts....did Jarvis ever sign that new deal?

I have it on good authority (ex player with Derby connections) that Jody is signing for Derby

B

Bevan

I'd resign/sign none of those listed. Big pat on the back for Jody and a glowing reference but not good enough for the Prem.

If Reid signs I won't be too happy. Has he impressed in any game he's played in?

M

MK Panther

Jody don't go there, I will believe it when he happens!! He has done really well over the last few months, in fact ever since he came back from Stoke. If he does go, I will rate him as one of Wolves finest and I never thought I would say that.

B

Burlton Wolf

surely we can do better than reid? - seems too light weight and reminds me of newts, dyer of swansea would be a better bet......

Reaction score
Of those I'd only take Harewood, and wouldn't be thrilled with him given that it'd take a reasonably large fee.

L

Langdale Wolf

Mark Salmon - couldn't comment
Elliott Bennett - keep
Lee Collins - already gone
Liam Hughes - release
Matthew Bailey - couldn't comment
Lewis Gobern (on loan at Colchester) - release
Jody Craddock - release
Kyel Reid (on loan until end of season) - release
Nigel Quashie (on loan until end of season) - release
Marlon Harewood (on loan until end of season) - keep

I still think we can do better than Reid, though I'd have liked him to stay if we were in the Championship next season.

With a bit of match practise, Harewood would be a good signing.

I've heard good things about Bennett - keep him with a view to loaning him out to a CCC club.

Don't know anything about Bailey/Salmon.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would we keep Reid when he couldn't get a game in the championship??

Back
Top Bottom