Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who?

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed in depth in one of the current threads, but I can't see that it has.

For every single Wolves fan on here who wants KJ out soon, who do you want to replace him? I'm talking about realistic replacements, bearing in mind who is available and who 'might' want to come to us from another club. It is all guess work, as we don't have any power over appointments. I'm just curious. Even one name answers will do!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't get rid at the moment but if he walked I would certainly want to see Jackie MacNamara given an interview.

R

robwolf

I don't want him gone, but off the top of my head-

Curbishley
Hughton
Sherwood
Clarke
Garcia
Pullis
McDermott

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Curbishley
Hughton
Sherwood
Clarke
Garcia
Pullis
McDermott

McDermott and Curbishley? Wow. Each to their own. Some interesting candidates there though. Although I think there's more chance of getting poo out of a rocking horse than Pullis coming to us!

By the way, I too don't want him gone, I'm just curious to hear from those who would and who they realistically want to replace him. This doesn't mean to say I'm not concerned about our current situation!

I asked every Wolves fan I know who wanted MM gone who they'd like as a replacement. There was not one credible answer.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody out there available/who would come to Wolves is better than Kenny. Bar Pulis but the fans would have a meltdown with his style of play, winning or not, after about three months.

Robwolf, I suggest you have a quiet word with yourself for putting Lee Clarke down as a suggestion.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Di Matteo, on a short term, because our players need a rocket up the ass to get them playing with some spirit.

R

robwolf

Steve not Lee Sketchead!

To be fair Ooh Robbie they're just guys out of work I could think of, cant say I would want curbs or McDermott!

If I was pushed on the list I'd probably go for Hughton out of the lot

R

robwolf

If you want a rocket up the teams ass Erick there is a certain Paolo Di Canio available.....

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve not Lee Sketchead!

To be fair Ooh Robbie they're just guys out of work I could think of, cant say I would want curbs or McDermott!

If I was pushed on the list I'd probably go for Hughton out of the lot

Fair enough, and that's the problem, and a regular route people go down when they want their clubs manager sacked. They brandish names about as if it's Championship Manager and that it's a certainty that we'll get this manager if we sack ours!

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 bad results and he should be sacked? ridiculous that anyone should even be considering that as an option.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I personally think that sacking Jackett would be an enormous mistake but if he did leave, Chris Hughton would be the obvious choice for me.

Great record in this division (what he achieved on little/no resources at Birmingham was very impressive) and has managed Newcastle so the size and expectations of Wolves shouldn't be an issue.

Only negative for me was that his Norwich side weren't that great to watch.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody out there available/who would come to Wolves is better than Kenny. Bar Pulis but the fans would have a meltdown with his style of play, winning or not, /QUOTE]

If Pulis was getting 100% commitment and moving us in the right direction he would get support from those at the game. A few esoteric fans who never go would complain. Look at the Palace forums from last season and when he left to see how they felt about him!

R

robwolf

4 bad results and he should be sacked? ridiculous that anyone should even be considering that as an option.

I don't think anyone has said they want him gone, its a hypothetical question we've responded too

F

FLEET WOLF

Curbishley
Hughton
Sherwood
Clarke
Garcia
Pullis
McDermott

I wouldn't touch Curbishley with a barge pole! Too long out of the game. I am not at all convinced by Sherwood, too full of himself. McDermott, possibly, Clarke, no thanks. I would take Hughton and Pulis (to ensure we don't go down this season, particularly, but he won't come to us).

F

FLEET WOLF

I should also add that I don't want to see KJ sacked, but there might come a point, with further defeats, that it is likely to be inevitable, purely and simply to avoid relegation this season (in which case, I would try my hardest to probably get in Pulis, even if only until the end of this season).

E

Essex Wolf

I don't want him gone yet for sure but he certainly needs to sort things out and now. Another month like November and my view will have changed. You can't keep flogging a dead horse.

F

FLEET WOLF

I don't want him gone yet for sure but he certainly needs to sort things out and now. Another month like November and my view will have changed. You can't keep flogging a dead horse.

I'm not sure the horse is dead yet, but it certainly isn't in very good shape!

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im concerned... think he still has the majority on his side.

If he were to go though Hughton is the only man for the job IMO.

W

WasStefan

Realistic replacements will become available over the Christmas period when sacked from PL clubs. A this point it will be interesting to see if Morgan sticks or twists.

E

Essex Wolf

I'm not sure the horse is dead yet, but it certainly isn't in very good shape!

Hoping it still has life in it Fleet but another 3-4 defeats in the next half dozen games and it will have become a lot weaker.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think that anyone who thinks the best course of action is Jackett to go is basing that solely on the last four matches. After a very good start our play generally has got worse and worse. We got some lucky points that kept us towards the top before that went belly up.
Now we are in relegation form and many of us dont feel Kenny knows how to stop that.
Do you want Kenny to stay if it means we go back down?

D

Dewsburywolf

Not too sure Roger Daltrey would come & he's certainly not qualified to take the job in any case. Looks a little like Robert Plant so that might help fans relate to him

D

Dewsburywolf

I dont think that anyone who thinks the best course of action is Jackett to go is basing that solely on the last four matches. After a very good start our play generally has got worse and worse. We got some lucky points that kept us towards the top before that went belly up.
Now we are in relegation form and many of us dont feel Kenny knows how to stop that.
Do you want Kenny to stay if it means we go back down?

There were certain supporters who were of the opinion that we should've stuck with Mick in the dying days of our Premier League soujourn because he was "the ideal man to take us back up" so with that in mind you could say similar in this instance

M

merseawolf

No way would I like to see Jackett sacked on the back of 4 awfull games. But if he was to go I would love to see Holloway have a go. There is no chance of the team folding with him ranting and raving and driving his team on like he did at The Den against us this year. Best display from a technical area I have witnessed for sometime

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were certain supporters who were of the opinion that we should've stuck with Mick in the dying days of our Premier League soujourn because he was "the ideal man to take us back up" so with that in mind you could say similar in this instance

Getting relegated from the PL is a possibility for a club like Wolves, from the Championship is absolutely criminal. Any manager who can't keep a club up in this division with resources like ours should be sacked, without a second thought.

F

FLEET WOLF

No way would I like to see Jackett sacked on the back of 4 awfull games. But if he was to go I would love to see Holloway have a go. There is no chance of the team folding with him ranting and raving and driving his team on like he did at The Den against us this year. Best display from a technical area I have witnessed for sometime

He is ok and good for a quote, but I am not totally convinced, to be honest with you!

M

merseawolf

Holloway certainly divides opinion I agree. He did wonders at Blackpool though and they played some great stuff. Would be good entertainment I would imagine.

P

Paul76

I don't want kj sacked.

I want steve and jez to both leave.

goldenwolf69

Reaction score
Surely the hierarchy have now realised the team needs strengthening and it was a gamble not addressing this pre-season.

IF the slump continues and IF Jackett does not get the backing he and our club deserve in January, then as already mentioned, the safest option without a doubt is Pullis. (Only to make sure we stay in this division)
I really want KJ to be given a fair chance to see if the potential of taking us to the next level is in him; he deserves it.

D

Dewsburywolf

Surely the hierarchy have now realised the team needs strengthening and it was a gamble not addressing this pre-season.

IF the slump continues and IF Jackett does not get the backing he and our club deserve in January, then as already mentioned, the safest option without a doubt is Pullis. (Only to make sure we stay in this division)
I really want KJ to be given a fair chance to see if the potential of taking us to the next level is in him; he deserves it.

And yet the loan window came & went with only Youth team players acquired as the deadline approached :eek:

P

Paul76

Lack of urgency and ambition. It must be a right jolly working at Wolves under jez and steve.

Back
Top Bottom