Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who would you swap GON for??

ade123

Reaction score
Two thirds through the season am wondering which other Prem managers you would swap GON for? Assume they will play the style of football they currently employ; would they be able to recruit sufficient quality of players at the prices we can afford to carry it out. For me, only Pep, maybe Arteta, possibly Klopp. Not much to separate Di Zerbi. Don't think others would get much more out of players than GON from what I've seen.
This will really show how GON is standiing

ade123

Reaction score
Good shout but not in Prem at moment I believe :)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Juergen Klopp would be the ideal replacement. Mentality monsters.

Who else is there?? Conte or Jose would never come here.

Hassenhuttl or Hansi Flick won’t be without jobs for long

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one.
Club need some stability after Lage and Lopetegui and GON will develop his skills even further as we go along.
GON has done absolutely brilliantly thus far and I don´t see any other out there that would have done better than what he has.
The whole squad is buying into the regime of GON,and we are practically overachieving resultswise on a permanent basis.
Arguably even more so than under Nuno..I´ll never be able to fully forget playing our sub par second choice keeper in a FA Cup semifinal.
GON will play Sa..that is for sure.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
There are better managers in the league than Gary, but none that would fit our club as well as he does. So quite brilliantly my answer is, no one!
I agree. I don't think many would have done better with these players and the injuries / decisions we have had to contend with.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These threads are going a bit ott now. GON is doing a great job but sooner or later, the wheels will come off and he’ll be just as ‘rubbish’ as all our previous managers that have been given the boot. Or he leaves to manage Chelsea for six weeks…
For now though, it’s fun.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed. We often say other supporters are deluded but this ranks as possibly the most ridiculous comment ever on MM!
You’re being very harsh on Mike End Wanderer there. The OP asks who you’d swap GON for, not who you think would come if GON left. Is there anyone who wouldn’t swap GON for Klopp if you could?

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think like others have said there is no one I'd choose in his place at the moment - like one of those star-crossed relationships, it's a wonderful situation of right time - right place - right person.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re being very harsh on Mike End Wanderer there. The OP asks who you’d swap GON for, not who you think would come if GON left. Is there anyone who wouldn’t swap GON for Klopp if you could?
I’m confused. For once it wasn’t MEW talking nonsense, it was ade123 in the initial post.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed. We often say other supporters are deluded but this ranks as possibly the most ridiculous comment ever on MM!
One of the most ridiculous threads is going to draw out the most ridiculous comments.

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
Might be sacrilege but definitely not Nuno
The only reason we are where we are now is because of Nuno.....we are forever in his debt and he in our hearts.....BUT its done and behind us, love the man and everything he did.......but he can never do that again for us. Dreaming is still for free though........ o_O

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The other managers that would be considered have been around a while and are a known quantity. Albeit a very high one.

Gaz is still a baby in terms of management so who knows how good he can become when he’s been around as long as them. For that reason and what we know so far, I wouldn’t swap.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Managers like players come and go
GON has done a great job with very limited tools at his disposal
The players have responded so well to everything going on
After this week the season could crumble into just another bottom half finish with 40 odd points,it may turn out to be a great season with at least another semi final and a top half finish no one could have hoped for,who knows?
Will the first scenario taint GONs image?
Will the second scenario make him a Wolves icon?
We have to wait for next season when hopefully he gets some backing and a full pre season to judge i think
Lets just enjoy the ride for as long as we have players on the pitch and see where it takes us

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s obviously a daft question but in a hypothetical world I’d love to see how good Pep and Klopp would actually be working with a limited budget. Conversely I’d love to see what GON could do at City with their budget

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s obviously a daft question but in a hypothetical world I’d love to see how good Pep and Klopp would actually be working with a limited budget. Conversely I’d love to see what GON could do at City with their budget
Klopp had a linked budget at Mainz, got them promoted to the Bundesliga for the first time in their history and then got them to 11th

He's undeniably a great manager

Back
Top Bottom