Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who would replace Hoddle???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems as though many are running out of patience with the current performances. If and when he goes, Who would replace him??

I will start the ball rolling with Ince or Martin Allen.

W

Wardrobe_Wolf

Ince will do for the rest of the season.

If it works out ok, keep him on a little longer on trial basis.

H

Hatch End Wolf

The problem at Wolves is a bit like selecting a manager for England. They don't want a troublemaker, so Martin Allen is out. So is any manager with a mind of own!

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wolfie smith said:
cue slagging off, peter reid

Don't think you should be slagged for that, Reid did a fab job at Sunderland, Took over at Leeds when they were in complete turmoil and had a short spell at Coventry with no money and no players.. He should be remembered for what he did at Sunderland. Another manager/player that shows PASSION!!!!!!!!

T

The Punisher

Ince for the rest of the season.

Does anyone know if he has taken his coaching badges yet?

Maybe he could entice his good mate Giggs down here
smiley36.gif

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone said on here last week that he has the required badges, And if he takes over on a temp basis he doesn't need them anyway..

D

dazmanwolf

In a dream world it would be one of the following:

Martin O'Neil (all round great tactician)

Kevin Keegan (attacking style of play would benefit our current squad!)

Sir Bobby Robson (Speaks for itself really - more experience than both above added together!)

In reality it could be any of the following:

Steve Bull (because he is a god if not the real god! His tactics may be flawed, but he has divine intervention powers!)

Paul Ince + someone with management experience(Mr Motivator)

Keith Curle (Mr Motivator II)

Peter Reid (No reason other than he is unemployed)

John Gregory (See Above)

Graeme Souness (Please No!)

Terry Venables (We seem to employ ex-England managers!)

Any other Manager currently unemployed at the moment!

The Gregory/Bull partnership almost was our management team before Hoddle was selected.

B

black&gold

Whoever it is Bully should be his assistant if only to get the fans back behind the club.

B

Black Suit

Ince and Bull, it would be cheap and fun and we would regroup the following and get behind the club again.

I seriously think that we would not be so quick to slag them off, because this mess is NOT of their making. Mox the Pox to go too, surely the pie budget should be trimmed too.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Ince until the end of the season, we're highly unlikely to go up so it would be a perfect chance to see if he's got what it takes to be a manager.

S

Stewarton Wolf

dazmanwolf said:
In a dream world it would be one of the following:

Martin O'Neil (all round great tactician) - NOT A HOPE</span>

Kevin Keegan (attacking style of play would benefit our current squad!) - Maybe but needs money and lots of it - tipped to return to Newcastle</span>

Sir Bobby Robson (Speaks for itself really - more experience than both above added together!) - Too Old</span>

In reality it could be any of the following:

Steve Bull (because he is a god if not the real god! His tactics may be flawed, but he has divine intervention powers!) - Please No - we will only end up wanting him out too</span>

Paul Ince + someone with management experience(Mr Motivator) - Maybe But he cant motivate them on the pitch how much better will he do from the touchline</span>

Keith Curle (Mr Motivator II) - Banger</span>

Peter Reid (No reason other than he is unemployed) - Contender </span>

John Gregory (See Above) - Struggled in this division with Derby hasn't done anything really</span>

Graeme Souness (Please No!) - Walked the division with a poor Blackburn side - didnt spend that much keeping them up either</span>

Terry Venables (We seem to employ ex-England managers!) NOOOOOO</span>

Any other Manager currently unemployed at the moment!

The Gregory/Bull partnership almost was our management team before Hoddle was selected.

Stuart Baxter</span> - Was first choice but wanted to stay in SA - Now unemployed

Martin Allen</span> - working wonders at brentford but could the step up be too much

Steve McClaren</span> - soon to be out of work - Dont rate him myself

Jim Smith</span> - Steady Hand - Been there seen it done it

David Kelly</span> - Served his coaching apprenticeship -ready for the step up?

My Choice would be

Phil Thompson - Did a fantastic job when Houllier had his heart attack - doesn't suffer fools - Won everything as a player and a lot as an assistant manager</span>

28th March 1965

Kevin Keegan would get us out of this division like he did with Man City and Newcastle , if he didn't we would still be witness to some great attacking football under him.....

Keegan in and now.....

T

tammy wolf

How did the Leicester team play under Kelly and Stowell

They could be a good shout, they both support Wolves and would have the passion and strength to put into the job.

M

Metro Wolf

Peter Taylor - like I said 18 months ago. He could bring on players like Clingan, JJ Melligan, Mulligan - oh £$%$^!! Moxey sold them all for a quick buck ...........
smiley32.gif

S

Stewarton Wolf

tammy wolf said:
How did the Leicester team play under Kelly and Stowell

They could be a good shout, they both support Wolves and would have the passion and strength to put into the job.

Stowell supports Preston and Kelly is a Leicester fan

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would favour Steve Cotterill or Mike Newell. Martin Allen would bring passion but not sure he has enough experience to cope with the hothouse atmosphere at Molineux. Burley would have been my favourite but out of the picture now. After so many duds you wonder whether anyone can turn this club round.

Baxter might be useful as a Director of Football who could sort out a proper scouting system perhaps.

S

Stewarton Wolf

goldeneyed said:
I would favour Steve Cotterill or Mike Newell. Martin Allen would bring passion but not sure he has enough experience to cope with the hothouse atmosphere at Molineux. Burley would have been my favourite but out of the picture now. After so many duds you wonder whether anyone can turn this club round.

Baxter might be useful as a Director of Football who could sort out a proper scouting system perhaps.

I keep hearing worrying stories about burley from very good sources -he hasn't set the world on fire at soton either.

D

Deleted member 3545

Kevin Keegan i would like to see given a crack of the whip, but i think if they wanted K.K he would of been manager before now.

yes he would need money to spend, but isnt he a Wolves fan?

D

Deleted member 3573J

A lot of people will probably laugh at the Keegan suggestion, but I'd love to see him here. Mainly due to the fact that I've witnessed the most boring football since I started going to Wolves.

We desperatly need someone to put the excitement back into going to see Wolves! I want to wake up on match day excited about going to the game, not dreading it!

ProudWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the following order i'd like:

Billy Davies, Kevin Keegan, Paul Ince, Mike Newell.

Other possibilities: Phil Parkinson, Steve Tilson, Stuart Baxter

M

Metro Wolf

Why do we seem to want managers on the way down ?

We need a manager on the way up - Peter Taylor, Martin Allen, Paul Ince etc

Similarly we seem to want to sign players who have seen better days.

Don't invest in the past. We really need to lose this "big name" baggage - I thinkthere is a deep rooted insecurity at this club that we want to sign players and managers who have succeeded elsewhere to reassure us that Wolves are a big club. THIS IS WRONG.

Dave Jones - responsible himself for signing elderley players - recognised some of the "historical baggage" in his recent article - let's celebrate the past but not live in it.

Signing an unknown from WBA to play centre forward seemed to work a few years ago.Edited by: Metro Wolf

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does the manager put the excitement back into the team or ... here's a thought ... is it down to the players? I am not (never have been) a fan of Hoddle but how much of this inspid season is down to him, how much is down to the fact that we still have O'Connor and Gray involved and how much is down to overpaid playing staff with little or no self motivation to improve themselves and test themselves against better opposition?

Just changing the manager is a street we have been down before. What's really needed is a root and branch review with a strategic focus on where the club wants to be in several years time - several years NOT next season.

One of the mistakes we made (which I believe we are paying for) is failing to encourage Dave Jones to build a team for the future.

What we need are strategic leaders, committed football professionals and a squad of talented, hungry youngsters looking to prove themselves on the larger stage.

What we've got is a manager who thinks he knows it all, a squad who are past their best (and their best was never as good as they thought it was), a Chairman and President who have more important things in their lives and a CEO who does not have the unqualified respect of the fans - that must mean that he's doing some things that not everyone agrees with ... if his actions have a strategic focus then it would be beneficial for him to share them with the fans - the stakeholders in this club (stake not share!!!)

Replacing Hoddle with Joe Nextmanager is not necessarily the right move ... just the easiest one.

B

Black Suit

Mike Newell is a strange one. I spend a lot of time at their training ground and he is rarely there, so even I do not have an opinion.
smiley5.gif

O

OldWolvesfart

Keegan, please why do you think he is still a non football civilian at this
moment. Please give me a break.

T

The Punisher

Another thought. What about Mowbray and Venus from Hibs?

K

Kenny-11

IMAB said:
Deutsch Wolf said:
Martin Allen, please.

Why?

and why would he come here?

Well we ain't going up so we need a cheaper option than 500k per year Hod.

Allen went to Brentford and they were heading towards Lg2. On next to nothing he has turned them around. Had 2 superb FA Cup runs and been in the running promotion all season. In other words.......a young hungry manager.

Why would he come to Wolves?? f!$* knows but it wouldn't hurt to ask him.

IMAB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kenny-11 said:
Allen went to Brentford and they were heading towards Lg2. On next to nothing he has turned them around. Had 2 superb FA Cup runs and been in the running promotion all season. In other words.......a young hungry manager.

Why would he come to Wolves?? f!$* knows but it wouldn't hurt to ask him.

So no experience at this level and he's at a club where he's doing well.

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brentford play some attractive, attacking football, have a team packed with youngsters picked up for next to nothing, and both they and Allen show plenty of passion. That's a good enough advert for me.

K

Kenny-11

IMAB said:
So no experience at this level and he's at a club where he's doing well.

Well experience at this level has helped us a load hasn't it. Yes his club is doing well but they are skint. The sale of DJ Campbell will make only a small dent into their debts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom