Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who will buy the deadwood

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite a lot of all this is based on one very poor team performance in a team that has underperformed for most of the last 2 seasons. One thing above all others would make the whole team so much better, the rare beast that is a prolific clinical goal scorer. It gives the team confidence, we don't rely on deep defending so much, other teams have a player they need to plan for and worry about. A five year younger Costa in our side improves us no end. Most of the rest of the squad currently is of very little importance relative to needing a sustained goal threat, most of them are competent enough. Play on the front foot and we look a different beast.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo in particular getting pelters. It seemed to me that he was trying to p,ay further forward yesterday, which I assume was on instruction. The big issue was there was no cover for him, not him per se.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should we be really brutal and get rid of players who have had serious acl injuries like sasa (aclx2), chiquinho, and johnny. Johnny and chiquinho rely on pace to some degree and we all saw what injuries did to players like walcott at Arsenal.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon forest stay up they will take as many as they can from us which is what 3/4 players?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said it on the other thread, I think we will struggle to find buyers for some.

I don't think anyone is queuing up for Sa or Jonny for a start. Raul almost certainly won't attract a buyer that will pay the wages he's on here, so we will have to take a hit to (rightly) move him on. Semedo may have one buyer in Benfica, but are we expecting them to fork out more than £20m to take him and Guedes off our hands? Aside Enzo Fernandez, they don't tend to spend big, ever, let alone on players with little resale value. As JadeWolf says, we'll be relying on Uncle Jorge to get us any money back on these duds unfortunately.

Podence might attract interest from another PL club as I think he has previously, but again, not at the sort of money we will be looking for.

For an investment club, a few too many duds in our portfolio sadly.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Podence has 6 goals from less than 19 games of minutes this season, basically a 1 in 3 scorer playing wide in a team that doesn't score, that's got to be worth a few quid.

RAN will be sold for a good sum I think, definitely north of £ 25m (did we buy Angers out I've forgotten?)

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of the so called 'deadwood' most contacts are expiring or a year left and in some of those cases have been good servants for the club overall. They will be a big overhaul in the summer that seems obvious we will lose at least 5-6 first team squad players.

We'll make a profit on Sa that's a given, Guedes will be a big issue he probably goes out on loan again. Semedo granted we won't get any where our investment, Podence will have takers and again will be a profit as will Ait Nouri no doubt about the latter.

It's not really about getting rid of deadwood it's more about bringing in first 11 players like we have with Dawson and Lemina in January, that's the need.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No more loan to buys on transfers out because the prospective buying club always sends the player back to us.

Mendes has messed us around too much and we want the rest of his cartel to pay up. He still owes us for the semedo and fabio fees. Do you really believe their market value for both of them was 70 million? Are you kidding me? Is jeff shi as stupid as fredo or did we have to pay what mendes wanted?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I think this is where we could benefit from Mendes. He might be able to help us move one or two on for decent fees.
We don't need to worry about mendes players.....he will move on anybody who wants a move.....we will win some lose some with it ...but don't worry about them not moving...... Semedo is nailed on for benfica I reckon, if not this summer definitely next.....mendes is the bloke who got Doherty a move to Atletico.....

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For an investment club, a few too many duds in our portfolio sadly.

Recruitment over the last 3 years or so was always going to catch up with us. This season is it. This squad is not suited to PL football, far too weak mentally and physically

Unless we have a good Summer, the same or worse will happen next season too.

Shi has wasted millions on behalf of his company since the Summer after the Sevilla game. An obscene amount.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon forest stay up they will take as many as they can from us which is what 3/4 players?
But how will Forest get rid of their deadwood?
Or Leeds
Or Everton

There's a hell of a lot of deadwood floating around at the lower reaches of this league
(not to mention Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham who could all do with a "flush out")

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I’ve heard that some of you midlanders are lightweight compared to us southerners
I'm a Northern by birth. Never lived in the Midlands
Having lived in London since 1960 the beer here is like gnats ****.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was our first eleven we played. So what deadwood?

Sa had for 2 years
Semedo wouldn't describe him as deadwood.
Bueno came into the team this season
Kilman didn't play well last time out but hardly deadwood
Dawson is new
Neves is probably going
Lemina is new
Gomes is new
Nunes bought 2 windows ago hardly deadwood.
Costa bought in not long ago. Can let him go.
Neto hopefully he gets back to fitness. Wouldn't call him deadwood.

Where is the deadwood? When are we going to address the situation that the players we are getting in aren't a massive improvement on the ones we have got?
Moutinho and Adama are out of contract in the summer.
Guedes gets goals in Portugal. I would argue that he isn't much worse than any other of the 8 million wing forward options we have.
Podence has value we could sell if we want, not sure whether we should cash in or not. Not deadwood.
For Sarabia see Guedes.
Collins while I don't think was worth his fee is hardly deadwood.

Which leaves Jonny and Raul.
What is concerning is that the players we seem to be getting in are never really an upgrade. We just seem to be getting more players and not getting the best out of any of them.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You just gotta laugh at this thread. Earlier this season Villa were a shambles under Gerrard. Players who were out of favour are now back in favour and playing well.

We have some very talented players and a new coach who hasn't worked very long with them. The priority has been to ensure Premiership safety and that has almost been achieved. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing what happens over the Summer and what the boss can actually do away from the pressure of having to get a result each week.

I expect some changes and some player movement but some of our players are nowhere near as bad as some are making out. Of course, I understand the reaction to yesterday's result but let's try not to overreact. We aren't going to have wholesale changes in the Summer and frankly, it is counter productive if there is. Things have to be tweaked and things have to improve to reach Fosun's target. I'm also pretty sure they want to see a more attacking side that actually scores goals so that's the one area I expect huge improvement by the end of September. Only then will we know if our Summer has been a successful one.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But how will Forest get rid of their deadwood?
Or Leeds
Or Everton

There's a hell of a lot of deadwood floating around at the lower reaches of this league
(not to mention Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham who could all do with a "flush out")
Our players more attractive surely than clubs you mentioned

Back
Top Bottom