Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who replaces Neto? - Sasa, Silva, Bellegarde, Sarabia or something else

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly, absolutely gutted to see Pedro pull up and be stretched off. Only hope he has good news and can come back strong. He has been brilliant this season.

So who replaces him Mixers?

Silva (possibly on left)?
Sasa up top and Hwang and Cunha either side?
Sarabia in a 10 behind Cunha and Hwang?
Bellegarde (either in a 10 or on left)?

Or even something slightly different with 3 in midfield with Lemina, Doyle and Traore/Gomes?

Like the idea of Bellgarde (if fit), with Sasa to come on.

Best wishes Pedro.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we have some reasonable options for a change. They’ve all been listed, and it doesn’t seem likely anything will quite measure up to what Neto has given us this season, but there are at least choices.
I think 3-5-2 would work best with Sasa-Hwang.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody can replace Neto. Neto is the spark of our attack and with him out, we will need to find a Plan B to work around his absence some other way. Wouldn't be surprised if the Sheff Utd is somewhat more dour than we've seen since Luton match. Take the points, doesn't matter how.

floydstreet

Reaction score
So we were 442 today largely
With Pedro right wing

I think if you go back to an 5 at the back, the wing backs can provide the width,

So in the absence of a Neto replacement I would go

Sa

Semedo Kilman Dawson toti RAN

Lemina doyle

Bellegarde (if fit if not gomes)

Hwang Cunha

Bellegarde can play in the ten or go wide a little.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I dont want is Hwang or Cunha placed wide.
That way you lose out twice , once by weakening the wing play , twice by weakening the central attack.
I would like to see Sarabia step up. Causing minimal disruption and he is quality . But perhaps Bellegarde or someone else can do that job.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we have a clone of Neto in the squad, because we look so dangerous with Pedro in the side and playing both wide right and occasionally wide left. Trouble is we do not have a like for like replacement in his position.

We are now scoring goals, and have scored in 9 of our 10 games, the exception being the first match, when we were robbed of a stonewall penalty. Pedro has been a massive factor in that achievement.

IMO for what it’s worth, I would give Bellegarde a run. He may not have Pedro’s speed, but he is skilful, energetic and can beat a player. He’s also going to be 100% fit, after a spell with suspension and injury.

I think we will be looking to strengthen our wide attacking positions in January. Neto’s injury confirms this imo.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whoever can run the fastest .. therefore, it's Ait Nouri...put Jonny left back

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It comes down to either Bellegard or Fabio Silva. Head says JRB, heart says Fabio finally seizes the opportunity and breaks through.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JRB I would think, perhaps not for 90 mins though.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cunha, Sasa, Hwang is the front three in Neto's absence for me- that triad has a bit of everything.

Bellegarde, Fabio, Sarabia, Fraser and Enso all need to earn their places in the side by first showing value off the bench.

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cunha, Sasa, Hwang is the front three in Neto's absence for me- that triad has a bit of everything.

Bellegarde, Fabio, Sarabia, Fraser and Enso all need to earn their places in the side by first showing value off the bench.
IIRC Bellegarde was given a start in his first Wolves appearance. I think he is the closest to like-kind replacement here, too.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Set pieces gonna be a massive concern without Neto ... probably the biggest problem as such.... will mean we need to include Doyle in the starting 11..... probably a midfield 3 of Lemina Doyle bellegarde......with Hwang n Cunha as a pair....

Last edited:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I’d say maybe Bellegarde, and we go 3-5-2. with him pushing a bit further forward than the other midfielders. It might also be time to start Doyle so that we have a threat at set pieces still.

BillyBoots

Groupie
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but the Newcastle defenders seemed more panicky when Sasa came on

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really would like Fabio to get a chance against Sheff U. Either play Cunha on the right wing or play him and Hwang as narrow inside forwards beside Fabio. I still think they don't want to start Sasa out of precaution so I'm not sure they will.

I can understand why Fabio hasn't a lot of minutes with how the games are going and the success of our front 3 but I still think we need to show some faith in him.

Doyle I think is a necessity in this game those quick forward passes should really help against what will be a dogged opposition who have just had a battering.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im a little wary of carrying on with the same system but without one of the players who has made it such a success. It just seems a bit like an inferior product in that respect, nobody we have to replace him with will replicate what Neto brings us.

So I’d be tempted with a 352 and Bellegarde as the man to get into the attacking areas from midfield. I would also play Doyle in midfield to give us some more creativity and control of the game.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Doyle Lemina Bellegarde RAN
Cunha Hwang

Extra man in the middle help us win the battle

Bring on Gomes, Sasa, Fraser, Bouby, Fabio

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It has to be Bellegarde either out wide or as a No.10 behind Hwang and Cunha. Sarabia as his back up.

Perhaps young Enzo could be given a 10 minute cameo at some point once he has settled in a bit more....and Ait-Nouri further forward is another option especially if Bueno recovers from injury.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Bellegarde and we will play slightly narrower up top.. our play is built around coming deep and running the ball, so he is the most natural replacement. This will put more empthasis on Semedo and RAN overlapping.. so hope Semedo can work on his delivery a bit.

I do think we will miss Pedros end product though.. and Sarabia has the best delivery of the options, so would understand starting Sarabia and Bellegarde being the option off the bench.

Back
Top Bottom