Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who owns shares?

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Sorry if mentioned already but Moxey in his dinner speech has said that they are talking to people who may be interested in Steves Shares. I'm wondering who else has shares in the club or is SM planning on holding onto some?

W

WasStefan

Sorry if mentioned already but Moxey in his dinner speech has said that they are talking to people who may be interested in Steves Shares. I'm wondering who else has shares in the club or is SM planning on holding onto some?

Prior to this he went on to praise Bob Laslett. Hint much?

D

Deleted member 4456

You'll find a list of shareholders at Companies House.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've got the Council with 1 share in the 1986 and then the 1990, its parent is split between Morgan, Ross James Morgan (assuming some relative) and Bridgemere as far as I can tell.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

It was an interesting choice of words for Mr Spin Moxey to use I thought

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was an interesting choice of words for Mr Spin Moxey to use I thought

Yes good point. I thought that as well.

Previously Moxey has said that the whole club will be sold, now it has been redefined as Morgan's shares. The involvement of different legal entities in the ownership of the club means lot of scope for interpretation, and for keeping a foothold in the club.

Which does match what I was told around Xmas.

R

reanswolf

It was clever on two accounts - he set the tone of the evening in a positive light by telling us this at this point , having previously said he would not be giving updates, and secondly as you say he is worming his way into a job through his usual charm offensive.

Gornal

Reaction score
Yes good point. I thought that as well.

Previously Moxey has said that the whole club will be sold, now it has been redefined as Morgan's shares. The involvement of different legal entities in the ownership of the club means lot of scope for interpretation, and for keeping a foothold in the club.

Which does match what I was told around Xmas.

What can Morgan sell apart from his shares? His shares are the ownership of the club. There is nothing else.

Whether it is the whole club sold or part of it, the buyer will still be buying some or all of Morgan's shares.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like Morgan either needs money (divorce) or is desperate to get out.

D

Deleted member 4124

Whoever buys Morgan's shares becomes the new owner. It's as simple as that.

Denpar

Groupie
Reaction score
You've got the Council with 1 share in the 1986 and then the 1990, its parent is split between Morgan, Ross James Morgan (assuming some relative) and Bridgemere as far as I can tell.

It's this that might cloud the issue. If I understand this correctly, not all shares are in the name of SM and therefore SM selling his shares might be significantly different to SM "selling" the club.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whoever buys Morgan's shares becomes the new owner. It's as simple as that.

Not really.

The shares could be, (are I think), divided between different entities. That could allow for a minority shareholding by a Morgan legal entity, to be sold at a future date.

This should be clarified by the club.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really.

The shares could be, (are I think), divided between different entities. That could allow for a minority shareholding by a Morgan legal entity, to be sold at a future date.

This should be clarified by the club.

Morgan is the major shareholder and is selling ALL his shares, so in effect he is selling the club as the minority cant do a thing. Not unlike Arsenal where the fella owns something like 60%

Denpar

Groupie
Reaction score
Morgan is the major shareholder and is selling ALL his shares, so in effect he is selling the club as the minority cant do a thing. Not unlike Arsenal where the fella owns something like 60%

Do we know the relative percentage of all the shares.
Many buyers would want all or none of them.
If it were to be a consortium taking over, with shares divided by it's members then what is presently a minority of shares in names other than SM's could take on a greater significance percentagewise.

Doesn't really matter who the ultimate owner is, it's the name on the share certificates that counts, Using semantics he could deem HIS shares to be only those with his name on. Why bother putting shares in any name other than his own if they can't be attributed to the names thereon. JM did not choose a form of words that has never been used before without there being a reason for it.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Do we know the relative percentage of all the shares.
Many buyers would want all or none of them.
If it were to be a consortium taking over, with shares divided by it's members then what is presently a minority of shares in names other than SM's could take on a greater significance percentagewise.

Doesn't really matter who the ultimate owner is, it's the name on the share certificates that counts, Using semantics he could deem HIS shares to be only those with his name on. Why bother putting shares in any name other than his own if they can't be attributed to the names thereon. JM did not choose a form of words that has never been used before without there being a reason for it.

I too think he choose a form of words.....I have heard or read that Morgan wants to sell his shares but wants to retain ownership of the academy

As we all know Moxey never tells the whole truth and nothing but the truth it is always half truths. When we pressed Grayson on this point he clammed up tighter than a fishes $$$$.

D

Deleted member 4099

I too think he choose a form of words.....I have heard or read that Morgan wants to sell his shares but wants to retain ownership of the academy

As we all know Moxey never tells the whole truth and nothing but the truth it is always half truths. When we pressed Grayson on this point he clammed up tighter than a fishes $$$$.

I wonder if it's just the football club it's self and none of the property up for sale?

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score

I hope a new owner come in quickly, and buys the club 100% lock, stock and barrel.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
I hope a new owner come in quickly, and buys the club 100% lock, stock and barrel.

So do I , this season has been awful and for a while I was worried that we might get relegated.
We so desperately need people who care and are prepared to back the club,not somebody who has turned wolves into at best a very average chump club.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
There's a lot depends on the nature of the deal and negotiations - it's sometimes not as simple as a "lock, stock and barrel" sale.

For example - Morgan could retain the academy and lease it out to Wolverhampton Wanderers but it would need to be transferred to a different company for that to happen as I believe it is an asset of the club.

Wolves are owned by WW (1990) Ltd who have two shareholders Steve Morgan and Ross James Morgan (Bridgmere). Directors are Vincent Fairclough (Director at Bridgemere), Ashley Lewis Finance Director (Also Director at Bridgmere), Stephen Morgan, and Jeremy Moxey CEO.

Stephen Morgan has 74.7m votes, Ross Morgan (Bridgemere) has 225m votes - so if it is just Steve selling his personal shares Bridgemere still have the controlling interest.

"Bridgemere also owns Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club and Trinity Aviation Limited", according to their web-site.

Bridgmere "group" are listed as a number of Ltd companies, Bridgemere UK, address the same as the group have one majority shareholder Bridgemere Investments Ltd - not found on Companies House.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a lot depends on the nature of the deal and negotiations - it's sometimes not as simple as a "lock, stock and barrel" sale.

For example - Morgan could retain the academy and lease it out to Wolverhampton Wanderers but it would need to be transferred to a different company for that to happen as I believe it is an asset of the club.

Wolves are owned by WW (1990) Ltd who have two shareholders Steve Morgan and Ross James Morgan (Bridgmere). Directors are Vincent Fairclough (Director at Bridgemere), Ashley Lewis Finance Director (Also Director at Bridgmere), Stephen Morgan, and Jeremy Moxey CEO.

Stephen Morgan has 74.7m votes, Ross Morgan (Bridgemere) has 225m votes - so if it is just Steve selling his personal shares Bridgemere still have the controlling interest.

"Bridgemere also owns Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club and Trinity Aviation Limited", according to their web-site.

Bridgmere "group" are listed as a number of Ltd companies, Bridgemere UK, address the same as the group have one majority shareholder Bridgemere Investments Ltd - not found on Companies House.

There has been previous discussion on this issue:

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/archive/index.php/t-78585.html

where it appears the ultimate parent company is a investment/holding company registered in tax haven Guernsey.

Moxey had previously described the sale as "lock, stock and barrel". This has now been parsed down to selling Steve Morgan's shares.

Maybe its just a slip of the tongue.......

Or maybe Tim Spiers should get off his $$$$ and earn his pay....

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know these custodians of the club? You know, the greatest living Wolves fan and the scarf wearer who's heart started beating gold and black?

How about they make the club really inclusive and 'democratic' by using their powers as shareholders and 'owners' to include all those fans they think are 'fantastic?' Only with them leading this issue will it be achieved.

How about the local journalism gets fit for purpose and starts asking some proper questions?

Without the above then it really is carry on as you were for this bunch of hangers on and pretenders, or any other new 'owners' - good or bad.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we not able to find a buyer because the goalposts are continually being shifted?

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There must be out there somewhere a written description of the sale of WWFC, some kind of prospectus detailing the assets available and the conditions of sale.

This is what needs to come out and be publicised. It is very much in the public interest as the club is a community based institution.

Apparently David Conn at the Guardian is supposed to be looking at the situation, but this is a golden opportunity for the Express and Star to win the trust of the city and area. Surely they can see that???

WarwickWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I think the choice of words "buy Steve's shares" was deliberate, and careful (why would Jez choose such a specific phrase, as a slip of the tongue - especially somone as skilled in the gift of the gab as him). It certainly has meaning. Anyway, it does not sound like someone buying the club in order to invest in its future success, as much as someone wanting to invest some of their money in a proportion of the club to share in its profits. It really doesn't sound the same as "buying the club". It is easily translated to "buy some of Steve' shares", and I suspect that is what is implied. Anyway, it does not sound like the really good news we would all want to hear.

R

reanswolf

This issue is absolutely fundamental - WE NEED TO KNOW.

FFS E & S get your arses off the floor and make some enquiries.

Moxey will just spin and spin as ever, never communicating in straightforward terms what is actually happening.

Gornal

Reaction score
Why on earth is everyone reading so much into these words?

"Steve Morgan is selling the club" means Steve Morgan is selling his shares

"Steve Morgan is selling his shares" means Steve Morgan is selling his shares.

The only thing Steve Morgan can sell is his shares. As far as Wolverhampton Wanderers is concerned he doesn't own anything else.

Denpar

Groupie
Reaction score

The only thing Steve Morgan can sell is his shares. As far as Wolverhampton Wanderers is concerned he doesn't own anything else.

Yes, but can't you see, Steve Morgan's name is not on all the shares.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

There's a fundamental difference we were a club for sale now we are looking for someone to buy Morgan's shares! Could be a long wait

Gornal

Reaction score
There's a fundamental difference we were a club for sale now we are looking for someone to buy Morgan's shares! Could be a long wait

I don't understand what you think has changed. Enlighten me. What can Steve Morgan sell apart from his shares?

D

Deleted member 4309

I don't understand what you think has changed. Enlighten me. What can Steve Morgan sell apart from his shares?

Compton, car parks you name it. It's obvious he wants to keep he's little fingers on something

G

German Wolf

Shares placed in the name of a relative...

Shares owned by one of 'his' companies...

Land around the Molineux and Compton that 'he' bought through one of 'his' offshore companies...

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why on earth would he want to keep some sort of involvement?

Back
Top Bottom