Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who misses out?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Following on from the "bench" thread, when everyone is available we'll have two players that are very much to do with the first team missing out on the matchday squad, three when Jonny makes his return.

So who do you think the two are likely to be?

For me, I think Marcal was brought in as cover. Relatively cheap, come and get a good PL contract before you get too old and be very adequate cover for a couple of positions for us, so I think he's one. The other I think will be Hoever, because as he's here permanently and we have Semedo, there's less of a rush to see what he can do. If we're unlucky enough to lose Semedo during a game then I think Adama would fill in temporarily, then Hoever takes the place until Semedo returns.

There's not much point in the loanees missing out in my opinion, because if they do they may as well not be here and I can't imagine Ait-Nouri has given up being a starter for Angers to come on loan and be a sub. I'd also think that Vitinha has come under the premise that he'll get game time as we progress to a more possession based game that should suit him.

Can't see anyone else being left out, especially now Kilman has made such a claim. Saiss is too experienced and versatile, Silva is the central option up top, everyone who's left I see as being automatically in the squad when fit

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not long ago we were getting I'm worried we are light and short multiple threads by JosWolf and co. How things have changed. Always need something to worry about though on here.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want ait nouri and vitinha to emerge as first teamers so they have to be on bench at least.
If moutinho, saiss and marcel have to make way and be behind them then so be it.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rotation for me so I chose ‘other‘, we need a couple of set lineups based upon different formations with one of two positions interchangeable between players that fit each role ( as we have already), some of the younger lads might need to be patient and take opportunities off the bench but be prepared to step in when an opening is available.
Nobody misses out but some might need to be more patient than others.

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With injuries and suspensions as well as lack of form, rotations and internationals, realistically there are always some missing from the squad.

I look at that list and think Vitinha would be most vulnerable because we have Neves and Moutinho ahead of him with Dendoncker and Saiss also available for midfield.

If you reguarly need RWB cover then you would think Hoever needs to be on the bench unless Adama is seen as a more flexible back up there. I tend to think Semedo should play every 90 mins unless fitness is an issue

On the other hand if LWB cover is more important than RWB cover (and I think it is at the moment) then you need both Marcal and Ait-Nouri in the squad until Jonny returns.

Saiss is the perfect sub across defence and midfield and can't be dropped from the squad.

Back
Top Bottom