Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who is going to Olympiacos! (With or without a ticket)

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you want to travel to a highly infected country to watch football let's just hope if you catch cov19 you dont pass it to friends,family or loved ones.No one knows if they have underlying health issues,I had cancer for 5 years and ckd stage 4 and never knew. Dont be fooled by low current numbers in uk.

greece isn’t highly infected

ng7wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered before, or if it's the wrong thread, but when do tickets for the home leg go on sale to non season ticket holders? Assuming fans are still allowed to attend

R

RuncornWolf

The whole of the North of Italy is now in lock-down? I'd hardly call that 'a fuss about nothing'. This can only go one way now, until there is a vaccine. We have to hope that it does not get out of control here, like in Italy, as this will affect a lot more than just football.

There is no way to stop this going through most of the population now, yes we can delay it to ease health care pressures. That being said because of the media has hyped it up, anyone with a slight sniffle is going to put pressure on the health care system, when approximately 80% of cases are mild, and can probably be treated at home. There wont be a vaccine until mid to late 2021 at the earliest, more likely it will takes years to develop one. Are we all going to put our lives on hold until one becomes available?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way to stop this going through most of the population now, yes we can delay it to ease health care pressures. That being said because of the media has hyped it up, anyone with a slight sniffle is going to put pressure on the health care system, when approximately 80% of cases are mild, and can probably be treated at home. There wont be a vaccine until mid to late 2021 at the earliest, more likely it will takes years to develop one. Are we all going to put our lives on hold until one becomes available?
I disagree with you that the media is hyping things up. There is a difference between sensible reporting and hype. In fact the media has a duty to warn us and keep us informed. Earlier you said it’s a lot of fuss about nothing. Thanks to the media we know it’s a very serious threat, not only to our health and individual finances but also to national economies.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Radio 5 just interviewed an Italian doctor who is working at a hospital in Northern Italy. Was describing the absolute chaos there and said that while the majority of coronavirus patients in ICU are elderly, that there are also "quite a large number of patients in their 30s, 40s and 50s."

They went on to ask him what lessons can the UK learn from what is happening in Italy. He said that you need to explain to non-elderly people that they need to listen to the advice and stop acting as if everything is fine because they believe it won't affect them. He said the people who have downplayed the virus and referred to it as 'just like a cold or the flu' have been the main problem. He said we all need to follow the guidelines or the guidelines don't work and those downplaying the virus have been the biggest problem. He's only a doctor in the middle of it all though, I'm sure you know better.

Last edited:
W

WasStefan

For people who have booked flights really you are in the hands of the FCO. Most travel insurance (if you purchased it) don’t include pandemics too, so if you are going in holiday soon and don’t have travel insurance 1) get it 2) check it includes pandemics or 3) hope the FCO advise against travel to your destination

SallyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Could someone/people with more info enlighten me on 3 things about this please.

1) If someone has it, could they then get it again at later date? Or if you have it once you won't get it again?

2) Why has it all kicked off in Italy specifically? Why has it peaked there? Just a case of someone going from China back to Italy and spreading it to alot of people quickly?

3) Ive read its going to be a problem for the elderly and people with health problems, but where do we stand on babies/toddlers/children as thats a concern for me at the moment and what happens if they get it?

T

trebor

1) If someone has it, could they then get it again at later date? Or if you have it once you won't get it again?

2) Why has it all kicked off in Italy specifically? Why has it peaked there? Just a case of someone going from China back to Italy and spreading it to alot of people quickly?

3) Ive read its going to be a problem for the elderly and people with health problems, but where do we stand on babies/toddlers/children as thats a concern for me at the moment and what happens if they get it?

2. heard on the radio this morning that this is possibly because it had already spread before they identified the first case

AberWolf

Reaction score
PSG v Dortmund apparently confirmed as behind closed doors. That’s gotta be as good as confirmation that’s ours will be too.

Biffana wolf

Reaction score

From what seems to be on several sources,someone could get it then get it again,just that immunity system may cope with it better.Possibly with italy and Germany and Austria many there for skiing one gets it passes to many,very cold area north italy this time of year so easy to spread.Babies and children could be main spreader as have high immunity but could get less symptoms and not so dangerous for but pass to those with lower immunity. Think next week two weeks we in uk will see a big spike in cases,and fully expect more government things to be put in space.Stay safe,all the best.

Biffana wolf

Reaction score
PSG v Dortmund apparently confirmed as behind closed doors. That’s gotta be as good as confirmation that’s ours will be too.
Expect ours will be confirmed later,lot can happen in a week and wouldn't be surprised if return leg things have changed in home leg.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Do you want opinions or facts? If it's the later you're probably in the wrong place

Reactions: AW

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Now there is a chap (or chappette) who is talking sense.

Trojmiasto

Groupie
Reaction score
I disagree with you that the media is hyping things up. There is a difference between sensible reporting and hype. In fact the media has a duty to warn us and keep us informed.
Warn us of what? A virus with a mortality rate lower than influenza?

It would appear that the game is destined for closed doors now. Really feel for the fans booked on this, but also that it's the second time that the club has been done over this year and likely that it won't be the last time either.

Trojmiasto

Groupie
Reaction score
No. Some of us are going to die.
From Covid19 as well as Influenza A, B, the common cold, and being hit by a bus because you were posting a reply about the coronavirus on Molineux Mix.

Children have been dying from malnutrition and starvation in third world countries each and every day for years on end, yet a virus starts circulating around the elite that causes a mild cough in 80% of cases and words like 'pandemic' are being thrown around.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

It would appear that the game is destined for closed doors now. Really feel for the fans booked on this, but also that it's the second time that the club has been done over this year and likely that it won't be the last time either.

How is the club being done over? If its amended to home supporters only perhaps...

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Club being done over... do me a favour, this helps the club on the pitch more than hinders!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From Covid19 as well as Influenza A, B, the common cold, and being hit by a bus because you were posting a reply about the coronavirus on Molineux Mix.

Children have been dying from malnutrition and starvation in third world countries each and every day for years on end, yet a virus starts circulating around the elite that causes a mild cough in 80% of cases and words like 'pandemic' are being thrown around.
What did I just read?

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You'd be better off seeking answers from public health authorities like Public Health England or the World Health Organisation, as our understanding of the virus remains subject to change as new evidence trickles in.

As far as I am aware, with question 1 we do not know at this stage, but would assume that it functions similarly to other coronaviruses, where having it once does equip your immune system better to deal with it in future, but I don't think the extent of that is clear.

Question 2, I don't know if it's particularly clear whether there's anything special about Italy's situation, or whether it is simply the first of many other countries to experience a similar outbreak. However, it is worth noting that Italy has a relatively old population, which increases the likelihood of transmission and complications. This might explain why the case fatality rate in Italy is higher than in other countries with different population age demographics.

Question 3, current evidence has suggested a more positive outcome for babies and children, although the exact reason for this is not known. Relative to the general population, babies and children have experienced a much milder version of the virus and seem less likely to be infected. This could be related to the science of it (children's immune systems, the nature of the virus, etc.) or there could be some social factors, like children being more likely to be kept indoors anyway.

Please do consult the appropriate health authority for more information though. I am not an expert and in no way scientifically literate, and am simply regurgitating that which I have already read from trustworthy sources.

Edit; fully aware that this is very off-topic and apologise for that, but equally believe we all have a duty to public health in all spheres of life, including on the Mix!

SallyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
You'd be better off seeking answers from public health authorities like Public Health England or the World Health Organisation, as our understanding of the virus remains subject to change as new evidence trickles in.

As far as I am aware, with question 1 we do not know at this stage, but would assume that it functions similarly to other coronaviruses, where having it once does equip your immune system better to deal with it in future, but I don't think the extent of that is clear.

Question 2, I don't know if it's particularly clear whether there's anything special about Italy's situation, or whether it is simply the first of many other countries to experience a similar outbreak. However, it is worth noting that Italy has a relatively old population, which increases the likelihood of transmission and complications. This might explain why the case fatality rate in Italy is higher than in other countries with different population age demographics.

Question 3, current evidence has suggested a more positive outcome for babies and children, although the exact reason for this is not known. Relative to the general population, babies and children have experienced a much milder version of the virus and seem less likely to be infected. This could be related to the science of it (children's immune systems, the nature of the virus, etc.) or there could be some social factors, like children being more likely to be kept indoors anyway.

Please do consult the appropriate health authority for more information though. I am not an expert and in no way scientifically literate, and am simply regurgitating that which I have already read from trustworthy sources.

Edit; fully aware that this is very off-topic and apologise for that, but equally believe we all have a duty to public health in all spheres of life, including on the Mix!

Thanks for response and to others who responded as well.

Will just add on modding on this particular page, think it HAS to be kept on here just to keep people more informed as if its moved to the other section it wont be seen anywhere near as much and tbh I dont even know how to get there if im honest.

Regardless of some of the ridiculous previous comments on this thread by some people, think only thing we can all agree on is its an important subject and needs to be discussed/viewed/keep people up to date.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So is the game behind closed doors or what?
I have a ticket to game and travel tomorrow and yet not officially told if I am going to the game yet. Come on Wolves just announce if its behind closed doors or not.

Back
Top Bottom