Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who Do You Want? (Last 32)

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Draw on Monday... Who would you like ideally?

Can't quite have all the options so lumped the potentially 'easier' ties together but do call one of them out or just select for the 'easy as possible route' option

Some of those destinations would be trips of a lifetime!

Personally I want progress above all else, so LASK for me as I don't know anything about them so presuming they're not brilliant

D

Deleted member 5635

Espanyol, plenty of flights and easy to get to.
Have friends that live that way which is also a bonus.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting to see Celtic getting the most 'non easy route' votes so far

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Approx 2/3 want a glamour tie of some sort over the easy route so far

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm the solitary Basel voter... my brother lives there so I'm praying for it!

Would love Roma though and I was adamant they'd be in our group.

D

Deleted member 5962

Gent. Easy to travel to and a reasonable chance of progression. Basel would almost be my pick of the more challenging games, but IIRC theyre a bit of a dirty team and I'd be concerned about injuries.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of the 13 teams we can draw in the last 32, there's (very nearly) a 50/50 chance we'll draw one of these:

Basel
Gent
Istanbul Basak
Lask (Austria)
Malmo
Red Bull Salzburg

Obviously any team you draw in the last 32 of a European trophy is going to be tough. However, no team (even the massive european clubs) are going to want to draw Wolverhampton Wanderers (a) - Whichever half of the draw Wolves are in and whenever they have to play at Molineux.

Last edited:

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ajax, Inter, Benfica, Porto or Celtic. Any of those 5 would be huge for various reasons.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Final list of teams we could face

Ajax
Benfica
Celtic
Espanyol
Inter Milan
Salzburg
Sevilla
FC Basel
LASK
Malmo
Gent
Porto
Roma

Porto would be a very interesting 1 for the team

Lawndog

Reaction score
With my wife being from Barcelona it has to be Espanyol for me

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
We can give all of those teams a good game over two legs for sure.....most will not want to be facing us.

However, thinking a bit more about it, perhaps the experience of a KO two-leg tussle against a 'weaker' team might actually be a good thing for us as a learning/development exercise.

So bottom option for me.

Malmo would be a good game.

Last edited:

North Bank

Reaction score
If we progress then we’ll meet the ‘big boys’ eventually. So for the next round I’d prefer one the ‘lesser’ sides. There’s no easy games at this level so it’s not a given but if you look back in 10 years time, the last 16, quarter finals, etc. sounds much better than last 32.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aren't Inter Top of Serie A above Juve? Such a tough game, surprised they are top outside of the 'Easy route' category. Glamorous/San Siro yes but would be arguably the most difficult tie (maybe joint with Ajax)

We can beat anyone over two legs sure, but also anything can happen, this is a competition we can seriously win. I wouldn't want to roll the dice against a top side until later in the competition

This isn't the last time we're going to be in Europe (There, I said it) I want to get to G'Dansk

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Final list of teams we could face

Ajax
Benfica
Celtic
Espanyol
Inter Milan
Salzburg
Sevilla
FC Basel
LASK
Malmo
Gent
Porto
Roma

Porto would be a very interesting 1 for the team
Where did you get Roma from? Not seen them mentioned anywhere as possible opponents. I know they got through but I think the seeding means we can't play them?

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aren't Inter Top of Serie A above Juve? Such a tough game, surprised they are top outside of the 'Easy route' category. Glamorous/San Siro yes but would be arguably the most difficult tie (maybe joint with Ajax)

We can beat anyone over two legs sure, but also anything can happen, this is a competition we can seriously win. I wouldn't want to roll the dice against a top side until later in the competition

This isn't the last time we're going to be in Europe (There, I said it) I want to get to G'Dansk

Would definitely be difficult, but from what I've heard from Inter fans online etc, they reckon that now they're out the CL, Conte will sack off the Europa and fully focus their efforts on trying to secure the league title.

This could mean if we did happen to draw them they might not even play their first team?

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where did you get Roma from? Not seen them mentioned anywhere as possible opponents. I know they got through but I think the seeding means we can't play them?
Possible opponents from BBC website. No mention of Roma

Wolves: Ajax, Basaksehir, Basel, Benfica, Celtic, Espanyol, Gent, Inter Milan, LASK, Malmo, Porto, Red Bull Salzburg, Sevilla

Sideshow Bob

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Possible opponents from BBC website.

Wolves:
Ajax, Basaksehir, Basel, Benfica, Celtic, Espanyol, Gent, Inter Milan, LASK, Malmo, Porto, Red Bull Salzburg, Sevilla
Has anyone got the potential away allocations for the teams we could face, based on what they’ve previously given opponents this season?

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would definitely be difficult, but from what I've heard from Inter fans online etc, they reckon that now they're out the CL, Conte will sack off the Europa and fully focus their efforts on trying to secure the league title.

This could mean if we did happen to draw them they might not even play their first team?
If Inter are going to field their reserves then that's obviously a game changer - just would be really surprised if Conte did that in the last 32 of a competition he could very well win - even if they are in the title race. They're miles clear in the race to get back into the CL (which is surely the expectation for the season) and they will think the EL is there to win... Would be quite a statement to 'throw' a Europa League knockout game like that... maybe there will one or two fringe players who rotate in but to play a reserve side entirely would be a surprise to me, just to be a little fresher for the league games

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Possible opponents from BBC website. No mention of Roma

Wolves: Ajax, Basaksehir, Basel, Benfica, Celtic, Espanyol, Gent, Inter Milan, LASK, Malmo, Porto, Red Bull Salzburg, Sevilla
I based the list on the E&S and Tim Spiers's tweets but that confirms it if its on the BBC too

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Can't wait for this.

Six great possible draws in terms of away days IMO. Sevilla, Espanyol, Porto, Inter, Ajax, Benfica. Because of the history, Inter Milan is my vote and would love to see Wolves play at the San Siro.

Would want to avoid Salzburg or Celtic but think we would be able to beat the rest.

Back
Top Bottom