Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who’s Getting Relegated? (2023-2024)

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Having a go at @Chris H’s brilliant predict the league thread, made me realise how many genuine relegation candidates there are this year.

So, mainly for fun but I will maybe find a prize, predict the three teams you think will get relegated this season (in any order).

My three are Luton, Forest and Everton.

surreywolf

Reaction score
Just get the feeling Everton will get out of it somehow - PL getting too many plucky little clubs, their PL history, fanbase, TV audience and expensive new stadium. Could even see Govt leaning on PL to help

Therefore -

Forest or West Ham
Luton
Sheff Utd

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I watched the Leeds 2-0 Forest friendly. Forest were absolutely dreadful. They may benefit from being back at home, but they were really poor. And obviously lost 5-0 to Rennes.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Forest
Luton
Blades

Think Everton will be in the mix too, also potentially Hammers, depending on how they spend the Rice money.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley , luton and sheffield utd

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking, @JadeWolf - I was doing Chris's table and I was amazed how little there is to choose between a lot of the dross in the lower half. It'll be shameful if we're circling the plughole down there come May.

Luton and Sheffield are obviously up against it, but it's Bournemouth and Forest for the other place, for me.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that despite much of the doom and gloom, none have us down.

I reckon Luton, Blades and Forest, but would love one of them to be Everton.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All of the so called experts (Rednapp/ Murphy etc) in the media have us as favourites to go down
That's because they don't do any research apart from their own ex clubs and glamour clubs, lazy punditry based on clickbait articles.
I seem to remember when Nuno came, the same idiots said we wouldn't do any good with a manager and players that didn't have any 'Championship/British game experience'

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is a tough one. I think it's the weakest Premier League on paper for years. This time last year I predicted Forest, Brentford and Fulham - so it shows how little I know! This year I would say Luton, Sheffield United and Bournemouth. So those 3 should be safe lol.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Forest could drop like a stone this year.

Luton will put up a fight, but have no resources.

Then one surprise from West Ham, Everton, Brentford, Fulham or Wolves for me (but I am feeling quietly confident about us).

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheff Utd, Forest, Luton.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A poll here would have been useful. For once..!

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t decide who it will be but I think there may be more teams finish below us than last season, if the wind blows in the right direction hope we get sixth or seventh, need a lift after last couple of seasons

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Loads of clubs in transition this year - Fulham without mitrovic, Brentford without Toney, spurs probably without Kane, sheff utd have sold their striker and Luton just look poor, forest seem to be falling apart at the seams, and West Ham have a power struggle between moyes and their technical director - I really hope it’s evertons turn this year though, they’ve been circling the plughole long enough!

Sheff utd, Luton and Everton for me.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luton, Sheff Utd and Forest

Could be a suprise struggler again though.. Palace maybe

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All of the so called experts (Rednapp/ Murphy etc) in the media have us as favourites to go down
Tbf, Murphy didn’t have us to go down, his picks were Luton, Sheff, Bournemouth. He just had us as one to struggle. One of the main reasons being because we had lost Nathan Collins….

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luton, Sheffield, and Bournemouth for me.

But would love to see Everton and Forest go.

I still worry about our goal scoring, but I also worry about the squad depth. I think we don't have much room for error. A big injury to our better and more important players such as Cunha, Silva, Nunes, Kilman, Dawson, and Lemina and this new found optimism will start to evaporate.

I think a back-up centre back such as Elvedi is critical to cover Dawson.

I don't think either Saraba or Hodge are that good to be honest. I don't know, but all the hype suggests Scott would be a much better option for creating chances, which is what we need.

What I have seen from the video highlights of the Luton game, and attending the game yesterday, we don't look like a relegation threatened side. We look to have too much quality, pace, and drive to be one of the worse three sides in the league - but we have to turn that obvious football quality into goals and I still worry about that.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having a go at @Chris H’s brilliant predict the league thread, made me realise how many genuine relegation candidates there are this year.

So, mainly for fun but I will maybe find a prize, predict the three teams you think will get relegated this season (in any order).

My three are Luton, Forest and Everton.
My 3 would be Luton, Sheffield Utd and then Everton / Forest depending on any points deduction. I’ll go Forest on the basis Everton get away with it.

Be interesting to compare people’s predictions on here to what they predict on my thread, wonder how many will go with a different 3 because it’s so close they can’t decide!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luton - record total for lowest points too!!! Big claim!!!

Sheff utd

Forrest

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
Luton
Sheffield Utd
Forest
With Bournemouth,Everton,West Ham,Fulham and Palace all being involved in relegation near the bottom

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Forest
Luton
Sheffield Utd

Everton in bottom three with 5 or more points if there is a deduction.

Back
Top Bottom