Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Which team will take the biggest hit?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting charts but very troubling to football. Who will take the biggest hit? Based on these figures, most likely the top six will lose most but they also have in theory, deeper pockets to ride out bad times. What bothers me to some extent is what club owner(s) feel about the huge financial hits that are now starting to accumulate.

An owner like Roman Abramovich, for example, might have huge drops in value in other areas of his business empire and might decide that Chelsea has to go. That’s ok for him as he is the sole owner whereas the Glaziers or United have a huge debt to the banks. We could see some owners trying to offload their clubs.
Could we see the PL lose it’s allure as a great investment/hobby for the super rich? Most likely. And the day of the £200 million transfer might be gone.
I will heave a huge sigh of relief if, in 3 years time, the PL and English football in general, are kinda back to normal.

Maybe the question is......which club can ride it out?

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't give a toss about the so called top clubs. All Prem clubs will be fine.
English football is about the whole pyramid i hope we don't lose any clubs

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't give a toss about the so called top clubs. All Prem clubs will be fine.
English football is about the whole pyramid i hope we don't lose any clubs
Sadly l think that the chances of all clubs in the pyramid surviving are slim to none. Many of them have been economically stuffed for years.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton had already posted losses of 100 million and now will get hit again.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly l think that the chances of all clubs in the pyramid surviving are slim to none. Many of them have been economically stuffed for years.
The only way I can see it surviving (and I lose surviving in the loosest terms) is by mass administration. So for example all League 2 teams go into administration, all players contracts are cancelled by default etc, stadiums etc mothballed. Then when all ok to restart - phoenix companies are set up.
None of it is ideal, and there will be legal challenges and also lots of issues when they restart - but like you I cant see anything other than the top flight and maybe 50-60% of the Champ surviving without playing in front of crowds/fans

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only way I can see it surviving (and I lose surviving in the loosest terms) is by mass administration. So for example all League 2 teams go into administration, all players contracts are cancelled by default etc, stadiums etc mothballed. Then when all ok to restart - phoenix companies are set up.
None of it is ideal, and there will be legal challenges and also lots of issues when they restart - but like you I cant see anything other than the top flight and maybe 50-60% of the Champ surviving without playing in front of crowds/fans
I'm not sure that the 'football creditor' rule makes that suggestion viable. Without that rule not only players but other clubs might be stuffed over things like phased transfer fees.

Back
Top Bottom