Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Which news app/site do you use?

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interested to know what news app/site people use and why that over anything else?

BBC reporting is beginning to grind on me a little and looking for alternatives.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If feeling a bit highbrow I rely on the Guardian. In depth reporting and often quite vitriolic reporting of political shenanigans. Sport and art/culture rather good also.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guardian
Sky news
Birmingham Live (Birmingham Mail)
BBC

Probably in that order.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I use Newsvoice as recommended to me by @AmsterdamWolf which I find quite good although I had to tell it on set up that I wanted world news and it's still a bit US biased for me. Nothing more UK centred though, it's a shame there are so many paywalls these days, leaves me relying mostly on the BBC and Independent then Guardian or Mail for a differently slanted view. I don't really mind any of them as long as you start off knowing their bias you're OK, except the Express which is a pathetic rag.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huffington Post is very good for news and opinion.

D

Deleted member 9788

Guardian, independent, BBC sport, cricinfo, cricbuzz and times.

Daily mail comments section for amusement as well though. Did you know all Indians are rapists, all Muslim countries harbour terrorists, all eastern Europeans are thieves, all council estate residents are benefit frauds and as soon as you step foot in London you will be stabbed :D

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

I work in media/communications so I tend to flick through all of them to cover all bases/get different slants on things. It's part of my job though and appreciate not everyone gets time to do this.

In terms of newspapers, the Guardian, Telegraph and the Indie all do the online stuff quite well.

All the websites in the Mirror group (nationally and regionally) are an absolute waste of space.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a real alternative try The Morning Star, not owned by multi-millionaires but by the members of the cooperative

Yep it's biassed but the bias is towards the ordinary person and countering the BS of the MSM.

Todays headline, tens of thousands of Adsa workers threatened with the sack if they don't sign new contracts.

No adverts, not one. No gossip pages, no pages of TV listings.

The only thing I don't like about is it covering NFL, horse racing and boxing.

Lifeboat News for information investigating MSM reports. can be very informative.

Media Lens for its 'alerts'.

And any links people post on MM.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks all.
Appreciate there's a lot of **** happening recently e.g American shootings but I find BBC news to noticeably over focussed on politics and death to the point it's got me looking elsewhere.

I'm gonna give the guardian app a go although unsure how much better it'll be.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another fortnightly you might consider is Private Eye. Sure some of it's barmy and sometimes hugely funny and sometimes hugely unfunny but the 'In The Back' section is still good at investigating stuff which is often completely ignored. It was better when Paul Foot was alive but still worth a read. Also 'HP Sauce' is good for a laugh and cry simultaneously as is 'Rotten Boroughs' and one or two other regulars.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interested to know what news app/site people use and why that over anything else?

BBC reporting is beginning to grind on me a little and looking for alternatives.

I don’t use a smart phone but I use an iPad and I find great articles on many sites. Here is a link to a great article how the Chinese government want more control in private buisness.....companies like Fosun perhaps.
This is typical of the quality of good journalism.
How the state runs business in China

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have tended to use BBC, but like the OP I feel the need for more balanced reporting. So suggestions on here are appreciated.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huffington Post is very good for news and opinion.

Huff Post is just another #orangemanbad NPC circus imo

I like a mixture so I check out NZ newsites but also RT, AJ and sometimes even BBC (who have really gone to the dogs), I like to see how the same story is often reported so very differently by different msm outlets.

for the record I don't trust any msm as they all have political bias's

Back
Top Bottom