Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Which Miracle?

Most Dramatic Miracle?

• Bristol City (30/12)

• Middlesbrough (30/03)

• Cardiff City (06/04)

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 4453

So after last night it got me thinking not only of last week's result but also that Miracle at Ashton Gate.

Which game from the 3 do you think was the most dramatic?

torn between Bristol City and last night myself...

Think Cardiff may be the winner just on the basis of the second penalty and feeling almost all hope being sucked out of me after the ecstacy of the minute before.

I do remember losing it at the end of the Bristol City game though.

Tough one...

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‪You could take all the drugs in the world they would never give you a high like at the end of that game of football last night ‬

Bristol City comes a close second

But last night is a game many people will remember for the penalty misses and a sublime free kick. As I said defiantly last night for me.

Boro was just nerve jangling

B

BigBadWolf

Never thought I’d experience a night close to the drama that unfolded at Ashton Gate in December.

But last night topped it!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Tricky, I was at City and Boro but not there last night so that probably makes me biased. City felt like the biggest one to me though as we were still at the stage of believing but not knowing.

S

ShropshireLad

Bristol = exocets
Boro = Rourke's Drift
Cardiff = trench warfare

We stuffed it up 'em! :cool:

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bristol to me was the defining game of our season and Bennett's last second header its defining moment. Unbelievable result in the circumstances. Equally unforgettable end to Cardiff.

It kept the momentum into the new year and allowed us room for manoeuvre for the bad patch that finally came our way.

R

reanswolf

Incredible to have 3 similar winning fixtures in one season.

I was saying to my lad this morning that you usually get one like that every 3-4 years.

All 3 were extremely incredible but I think we were most up against it v Boro as we only had 9 men left, but yesterday probably just pips the other two simply because of last nights pure drama, and because I was having a **** in the Woodman Pub toilets counting down the injury time seconds at Bristol City when Ryan headed it in :)-

Seriously, all 3 were incredible results given the circumstances, but yesterday probably damaged my health on the health-ometer most of the 3, with Boro not far behind. With hindsight, we were most comfortable at Bristol City.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cardiff for me.
The return fixture will be interesting !

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe because it's fresher in the mind but I had to plump for Cardiff. Still cant get over what happened last night ... just incredible:D

Even the Missus and me daughters got enthralled by it (and they have very little interest in football/Wolves at all). Just as I had finished explaining to them that no team misses two penalties on the trot ... up steps J Toilett who does exactly that :).

Those final 5 minutes were the footballing equivalent of the rollercoaster from hell (down - up, down again and one massive high to finish on). Will never forget last night!

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yesterday's was something special. Very rarely a team do not score at least once from 2 penalties awarded to it.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As truly unbelievable as last night was, I don’t think you can’t beat the feeling of Bennett’s last minute winner versus Bristol. One of my favourite Wolves moments of all time.

Last night was just surreal. Marvellously surreal.

C

Chardee MacDennis

Bristol for me, for two reasons.

I echo the thoughts above, about how it defined the rest of the season. This was at (more or less) the half way point of the season. Events could have played out very differently for the last 3 months. I think that if boro and/or Cardiff had ended as draws, the ultimate outcome of promotion would still have been achieved.

Secondly, last minute winners trump any amount of clinging on, no matter how attritional, dramatic or miraculous!

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bristol for me, for two reasons.

I echo the thoughts above, about how it defined the rest of the season. This was at (more or less) the half way point of the season. Events could have played out very differently for the last 3 months. I think that if boro and/or Cardiff had ended as draws, the ultimate outcome of promotion would still have been achieved.

Secondly, last minute winners trump any amount of clinging on, no matter how attritional, dramatic or miraculous!
Not quite sure on your last comment
I certainly celebrated just as much if not more over the penalty save and miss.
That last 2 minutes was a huge rollercoaster all on its own.

S

SavageWolf

So after last night it got me thinking not only of last week's result but also that Miracle at Ashton Gate.

Which game from the 3 do you think was the most dramatic?

torn between Bristol City and last night myself...

Think Cardiff may be the winner just on the basis of the second penalty and feeling almost all hope being sucked out of me after the ecstacy of the minute before.

I do remember losing it at the end of the Bristol City game though.

Tough one...
Tbh I don't recall a team holding out for so long with 90 minutes with 9 men (anyone else know a team that's done that?)
But I've never seen 2 penalties given in the last 2 minutes then both of them missed.
3 never seens there and just highlights the character of the team to come through those 2 games with 6 points. I hope the teams achievements this season and in recent weeks has made some of our fans that still doubt a lot of the time believe in the team more. Our belief in the management, the club and the team along with our positive energy will help push the club to heights most of us have never seen.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Compere those 3 games alone with the boredom of the past few years, night and day.:D:D:D:D:D

Reaction score
Last night. Bristol we won by playing well. Middlesbrough we won by playing well. Cardiff we won based on pure luck for the second pen. That was the miracle.

C

Chardee MacDennis

Not quite sure on your last comment
I certainly celebrated just as much if not more over the penalty save and miss.
That last 2 minutes was a huge rollercoaster all on its own.

I actually don't think I did. I think I just sagged in relief and disbelief. Maybe that's why I'm picking the goal.

Still, it's a pretty enjoyable debate to be having!

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most dramatic end, was Cardiff. We’d already won, and Cardiff lost it, with 2 great chances to get a draw.

At Bristol, we won it having being down to 10 men for an hour. But, we won it.

But, last night was the most dramatic end, that’s for sure. For me.

Lawndog

Reaction score
Tbh I don't recall a team holding out for so long with 90 minutes with 9 men (anyone else know a team that's done that?)
But I've never seen 2 penalties given in the last 2 minutes then both of them missed.
3 never seens there and just highlights the character of the team to come through those 2 games with 6 points. I hope the teams achievements this season and in recent weeks has made some of our fans that still doubt a lot of the time believe in the team more. Our belief in the management, the club and the team along with our positive energy will help push the club to heights most of us have never seen.

Saw us play Sunderland in Dec 1991 - incredibly, they had 2 sent off within the 1st 10 minutes!

It took us until the 80th minute to finally score, a wondrous goal at that (Paul Cook)!

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted Bristol as it was a proper last minute winner senario. Cardiff would have been if there was not a 2nd penalty. As much as it was dramatic we got lucky with the miss.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The good thing about wins like that is it brings everyone together there is a great bond between us the players the staff and Nuno im sure everyone else feels it because i do (i voted Cardiff)

S

SavageWolf

The good thing about wins like that is it brings everyone together there is a great bond between us the players the staff and Nuno im sure everyone else feels it because i do (i voted Cardiff)
I feel it!
We've had an amazing season, one that has changed our thought process as a Wolves fan. We have endured some poor football, some highs and a lot of lows over the past 30 years.
Recently we have seen a team like Leicester City win the Premier League, Huddersfield Town get promoted to the Premier League and Wolves go from the Premier to League 1 in a double relegation. Many years of trying to get rid of the Pie-Thief and us having nothing but dislike and at times hatred towards the board.
Well now it's our turn to have some happiness and be entertained, it's our time to shine, we are going to the Premier League and we'll be there to stay, we are going to the Premier League, we are financially backed by our owners and doing things Nuno's way.
What a time to be a Wolves fan

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bristol City for me. A man down and then a goal down, but we won it with the last kick of the match. Though my goodness last night ran it very, very close.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was at Bristol and I can honestly say that even at 1 nil down with 10 men I was convinced we'd get something.
Last night was just insane. Once in a lifetime. Still can't really believe it.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn’t at Bristol or boro but was at Cardiff.

The frustration at conceding the first penalty, to the scenes of saving it. Can’t even remember when we did save a penalty ! Hennessy saved one against albion didn’t he ?

Then when the second penalty was given all the joy just evaporated instantly and everyone was so ****ed off.

For us then to win, it was unbelievable .

Even though I think we were close enough to the line before the match, that finish just topped of the season for me.

MKB

Groupie
Reaction score
1. Cardiff
2. Bristol
3. Middlesbrough

Also, honourable mentions to Barnsley and Bristol at home.

R

Rauss

Cardiff for sure, just when you think you’ve seen everything in football.. NEVER have I seen that plotline before, a last min penalty in injury time to the opposition to level things. Say following Wolves we see that once a season maybe for/against. But for that to happen twice.. in injury time in the space of 3 mins, and for Cardiff to miss both pen’s is just a ridiculous scenario. They say you have an average 71-75% chance of scoring a pen. So that’s let’s say 25% odds per penalty miss..

Last edited by a moderator:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bristol City was great but Cardiff has to win because of the time in the season and the league table going into the game.

Back
Top Bottom