Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Where will we finish this season?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The squad is seemingly set. (Can change votes if anything happens before 11pm)

Same applies to most of the Premier League. Arguably Partey to Arsenal is the last major deal to go through.

So, you've seen four games and the question is simple. Where will we finish this season?

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably the hardest season to predict!
I’ll go with 9th

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
9th I reckon. That would be a decent season with everything in flux.

We are too good to flirt with relegation but we have looked very ordinary thus far. 6 points from 12 is a decent return given that level of performance

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8th to 10th and the cup (pretty please)

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** it top 4.
Season of transition my ****. It only takes a couple of games to introduce the two new wing backs. Genuine pacey ball carrying left footer on the left. Genuinely pacey ball carrying right footer on the right. We can actually do this system some justice now.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great manager, great team, but struggling without crowds and a proper pre season. One injury to Raul, Rui,,Semedo, Ait Nouri or Neto from a tough, tough season. 8th-12th would be a good result.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think 11th to 14th, and would be over the moon with 8 to 10th, we wont see the best of this team until the new year at the earliest, to many imponderables what with No crowds, no pre season, and these International breaks, added to which other teams have strengthened considerably namely Everton, Tottenham, and to a lesser extent Leicester others have improved over time ie Arsenal, all of those will finish above us this season which when added to the top four of Liverpuddle, Man Citeh and Manure, plus Chelski that puts us into 9th or in a group classified as "The rest" will we be the best of the rest ? i dont think so which is why i voted 11th to 14th, i expect the season to be mixed with some unexpected results both for and against us..

D

Deleted member 8913

the majority of realists voting here believe we will finish below eighth....the big six have strengthened and Leicester Everton and others have shown improvement...10th would be good .if the west ham game was a shock the Leeds game will be a good test...they only beat fulham by one goal and if we expect top ten then we must beat teams like Leeds ( but won’t if we play like we did against wham.)

I am rambling after a weekend with no football.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the strange results recently, I would imagine that any position is attainable. Though I think we will finish sixth.

Although to be honest, it just isn't the same with no fans inside stadiums. We need the fans back in asap.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the majority of realists voting here believe we will finish below eighth....the big six have strengthened and Leicester Everton and others have shown improvement...10th would be good .if the west ham game was a shock the Leeds game will be a good test...they only beat fulham by one goal and if we expect top ten then we must beat teams like Leeds ( but won’t if we play like we did against wham.)

I am rambling after a weekend with no football.
It’s ok to ramble. We get it. Personally, I think we will lose 2 or 3 nil to Leeds.

First game back from international where a lot of the first team have been involved. Very little time to train together nor, perhaps, get adequate rest. Mentally having to adjust to PL and also at this moment in time our style of play is dreadfully dire with players showing signs of sometimes not knowing what they should be doing. Leeds on the other hand will be fresh in comparison and have a high tempo style they all know. And, unlike Fulham, they know how to score goals which is also something we are finding difficult to do.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Like last year, I predict this year will be fine margins for places from 5th through 10th--which is where I predict we will be at the end of the year. Hopefully, we'll have some fluke results break our way this time...

So far, the results indicate a very unpredictable year is ahead of us; however, I maintain that we have the talent, coaching, and mental toughness to stay in the top half.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have strengthened so 6th, you doubters, like every year under Nuno, can sit back and enjoy it all the same.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have strengthened so 6th, you doubters, like every year under Nuno, can sit back and enjoy it all the same.
Be very surprised at 6th. The likes of Everton, Leicester, Spurs and even Villa will have to have real drops in form whilst we implement a new 'style' that so far has proven slow, turgid and not very good. And we still don't look like scoring many goals.

So, for me, we have far too much to make up across the whole park to get anywhere near 6th. It may well be a case of one step back for two steps forward next season.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nowhere near last 2 years I think. No adequate cover in central defence or as srtiker (i'm discounting the 18 year old signed for an extraordinary fee - who knows how good he may be eventually? Needs to be world class to justify the fee but in my admittedly short viewing of him so far nothing to suggest this. Very short of creativity in mid field and one paced. On the plus side we have a small number of players capable of playing for virtually any team in the world.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be very surprised at 6th. The likes of Everton, Leicester, Spurs and even Villa will have to have real drops in form whilst we implement a new 'style' that so far has proven slow, turgid and not very good. And we still don't look like scoring many goals.

So, for me, we have far too much to make up across the whole park to get anywhere near 6th. It may well be a case of one step back for two steps forward next season.
I don't think you can judge us on what we've shown so far. A) we were not fit B) we have fresh recruits we have hardly seen.
For every club that has supposedly got better there is a team that's going down the pan. We also know early results are often not indicative.

Last edited:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Villa will have some sort of drop in form. Otherwise they'd stay all season unbeaten.
The way people react to the early season table is always hilarious.

D

Deleted member 11332

Nowhere near last 2 years I think. No adequate cover in central defence or as srtiker (i'm discounting the 18 year old signed for an extraordinary fee - who knows how good he may be eventually? Needs to be world class to justify the fee but in my admittedly short viewing of him so far nothing to suggest this. Very short of creativity in mid field and one paced. On the plus side we have a small number of players capable of playing for virtually any team in the world.

World class players cost 3 figures now in millions.

North Bank

Reaction score
Voted 8-10th

The "big 6" will still be in and around the top 6, Leicester and Everton up there as well so will be tough to get a third 7th place finish but I'm cautiously optimistic.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
World class players cost 3 figures now in millions.

Agree, world class strikers cost £35m about 20 years ago! Still a hefty price tho, but we all live in a Jorge Mendes world where we buy Moutinho for 5 million

D

Deleted member 8913

Agree, world class strikers cost £35m about 20 years ago! Still a hefty price tho, but we all live in a Jorge Mendes world where we buy Moutinho for 5 million

always be cautious about valuations...the ability of the player is not the only criterion...it will also depend on age, length of contract , options, and salary of the player...So a high salary senior player may actually go on a free because of his other costs and the inability to sell on at the end of his contract

Back
Top Bottom