Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Where will we finish and could that now disappoint you?

Where will the mighty Wolves finish this season?

• Top seven and Europe next season

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Eighth to Fourteenth, a minor miracle all things considered

Votes: 186 95.9%
  • Bottom six and fighting it out as predicted

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rowzed

Reaction score
I'm aware the club does much better financially if it finishes higher in the league, but for me, if it isn't Europe, may as well be 17th.

So anywhere above the relegation zone will do this year as we aren't quite Europe-material for me, will just fall short from what I can see of us and others.
Glen Hoddle said much the same when we finished 7th in the Chump :)

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heavy loss for palace if Brentford forest draw really starting to gap the bottom and look up the table. Come on wolves come on gon1000012545.png

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we will finish about 12th and GON should be manager of the season for that.
Good going seeing as I admit I wanted him out after Luton and Ipswich and was seriously worried!!!!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is an interesting question.

I’m not sure that the penny has dropped with all Wolves fans just yet but our form over the last dozen or so games sees us on the fringe of the top 6. That is a fairly significant number of games, IE - no flash in the pan.

If our form continues (and that’s a pretty big if), we have a real shot of finishing in or around 7th/8th spot.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my heart I think you are right, and it will be absolutely ok, but if it’s eighth then I know I’ll be really disappointed if we then miss out on Europe by one place :)
The more so given the number of points refs/VAR have taken from us.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

I’m not sure that the penny has dropped with all Wolves fans just yet but our form over the last dozen or so games sees us on the fringe of the top 6. That is a fairly significant number of games, IE - no flash in the pan.

If our form continues (and that’s a pretty big if), we have a real shot of finishing in or around 7th/8th spot.
Very true.
IMG_5842.jpeg

The form table for every team’s last 15 games.

When you consider we could/should have another 4/5 points maybe through dreadful refereeing.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is a great point and I’m one of those. I’m still going in to games with the whole “if we play well to a man we can win this” attitude when, in reality, some games we are the better team going in and should deal with sides comfortably.

The Brentford games are quite a good yardstick as we are comfortably better than them, even in the close games you can see we are the better team.

It’s such a shame that VAR has kept us at the bottom of the second tier of teams this season when we could be at the top of it, but at least we are in that group.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A win by the odd goal tonight puts us on 31 points with Chelsea and Brighton, with a slightly poorer goal difference, and just one point behind Man Utd in 7th, and 4 behind West Ham in 6th.

It basically puts us right in the mix, with league games against Chelsea and Man United to follow the Baggies fixture.

I'd be very surprised if we go to Brighton and get a result tonight. I think where we are is about right and we don't yet have enough for a sustained charge at the top 7.

But this team does keep surprising me.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a great point and I’m one of those. I’m still going in to games with the whole “if we play well to a man we can win this” attitude when, in reality, some games we are the better team going in and should deal with sides comfortably.

The Brentford games are quite a good yardstick as we are comfortably better than them, even in the close games you can see we are the better team.

It’s such a shame that VAR has kept us at the bottom of the second tier of teams this season when we could be at the top of it, but at least we are in that group.
Yes, VAR does have a lot to answer for.
Even Mark Chapman on last nights MOTD made reference (again) to the Man Utd balls up when analysing an incident in the Sheff Utd v West Ham game.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very true.
View attachment 39930

The form table for every team’s last 15 games.

When you consider we could/should have another 4/5 points maybe through dreadful refereeing.
Agreed and also re VAR - the key theme though is we need to take the points without bemoaning VAR.

Man Utd - taken chances and should have won game.
Newcastle, Sheff Utd and Fulham - should have cleared and not dallied allowing player to nick ball and dive.

Only one we were lucky was Luton where a win would have been a smash and grab.

Reduce individual errors, improve awareness in box and we are performing as a Top Half team. Didn’t expect that at start of season.

Brighton tonight will be tough.

Bring back players from AFCon and Asia Cup, stay fit and we’ll be anywhere from 7-13. Realistically I think 11th but a good run and poor form from a couple above and we could be in Top 10.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our next 6 games define our season. We could be out the cup and lose 4 out of 5 in the league.

However the happy clapper / eternal optimist in me thinks this is football and who knows? We aren’t an easy team to play when we’re really on it as can be judged on some of the scalps this season. With some momentum, some good fortune on and off the pitch then there’s no reason we couldn’t get conference position.

My dad who isn’t really a football fan but doubles as a closet wolves fan is really poorly at the moment and potentially might not have an age of time left with us said last week we’re winning the FA cup. 1) I hope so and 2) I hope he’s here to bloody see it!!!

Rowzed

Reaction score
Our next 6 games define our season. We could be out the cup and lose 4 out of 5 in the league.

However the happy clapper / eternal optimist in me thinks this is football and who knows? We aren’t an easy team to play when we’re really on it as can be judged on some of the scalps this season. With some momentum, some good fortune on and off the pitch then there’s no reason we couldn’t get conference position.

My dad who isn’t really a football fan but doubles as a closet wolves fan is really poorly at the moment and potentially might not have an age of time left with us said last week we’re winning the FA cup. 1) I hope so and 2) I hope he’s here to bloody see it!!!
I sincerely hope he’s right and he gets to see it

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sincerely hope he’s right and he gets to see it
Thank you. Hes 79 and not been in the best of health for a while but he’s a tough old bloke so I’ll know he’ll not go without a fight.

He’s funny he’s never really been a football fan, as a kid he supported them lot but he never went to a game his sports were always boxing and horse racing. I became a wolves nut in the 87/88 season as my dad ran a pub at the time (did so for 40 years) and two lads who were then mid 20s and wolves fans (I was 8 or 9) said they’d take me to a game and I was instantly hooked. Over the years me dad took a more glancing interest in us and now will ring me after a game to discuss it and religiously watches MOTD to see highlights. Things you take for granted for my 30th birthday my wife organised a suprise midweek meal in Sir Jacks and my dad was absolutely mesmerised looking out onto the floodlight pitch, his face must have been like mine first time I saw the hallowed turf. Priceless memories

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we will finish around 10th place which would be outstanding all things considered... :)

Rowzed

Reaction score
Thank you. Hes 79 and not been in the best of health for a while but he’s a tough old bloke so I’ll know he’ll not go without a fight.

He’s funny he’s never really been a football fan, as a kid he supported them lot but he never went to a game his sports were always boxing and horse racing. I became a wolves nut in the 87/88 season as my dad ran a pub at the time (did so for 40 years) and two lads who were then mid 20s and wolves fans (I was 8 or 9) said they’d take me to a game and I was instantly hooked. Over the years me dad took a more glancing interest in us and now will ring me after a game to discuss it and religiously watches MOTD to see highlights. Things you take for granted for my 30th birthday my wife organised a suprise midweek meal in Sir Jacks and my dad was absolutely mesmerised looking out onto the floodlight pitch, his face must have been like mine first time I saw the hallowed turf. Priceless memories
It’s never too late to get smitten and it can do wonders for the spirits
My dad was never interested, but my son is and will be at the match tonight
I’m glad to have passed on the torch

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s never too late to get smitten and it can do wonders for the spirits
My dad was never interested, but my son is and will be at the match tonight
I’m glad to have passed on the torch
My son is a strange one. Absolutely football mad, currently in the Stoke Academy and doing really well but has absolutely zero interest in watching live football at all. I’ve tried him over and over with live football from England, to wolves, to our local none league team Halesowen but 10 mins into a game he’s heads in his phone and he’s switched off. Stoke actually encourage the kids to watch more games and also give them weekly homework to watch (passages of play from Pep era Barca as an example) and he hates having to sit and watch it.

Back
Top Bottom