Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Where will we finish …..

Handbrake

Reaction score
It’s a season was the start today, where do people think we will realistically finish
With the current squad

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bottom 16

However with 5 new additions anywhere between 10th and 14th

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the bottom nine.

I would expect us to stay up with relative ease (7-10 points) if we could play our first XI every week.

As it stands, just one injury to Dawson or Kilman, Lemina or Fabio/Cunha would have me very worried indeed. If it was two or more at the same time, bigggggg trouble.

I see the league as a top 9 - the big six, Brighton, Newcastle, Villa.

West Ham and Brentford are then the only two genuine mid-table sides IMO.

Then the bottom 9, anyone could go, depending on form, fitness etc.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I had a look back to this time last year (a few days later) and the average is pretty accurate.

Currently I think it's very hard to know with the first XI being OK but the squad quite thin. Just for a change we're horribly lacking in a real striker, but we've survived without one for a while now so what the hell.

I think we'll be in for a fairly miserable season of a manager with the knowhow to squeak enough narrow wins to avoid disaster. 13th-16th unless we make some good signings (unlikely) or have some bad injuries (let's not go there).

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bottom half, probably 13th - 15th but hopefully no relegation fears this time. Goal scoring will still be our problem and the defence will again keep us out of serious trouble.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool 19th May ;-)
Seriously, too early to predict given the unknowns on squad.
UTW

Handbrake

Reaction score
The reason for my starting this new post was to get an idea of how people think we are looking currently, the bookies are making us just about 3/1 to go down , new signings do not seem to be coming in or any new potential new signings on the horizon , I’m a tad concerned

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
The reason for my starting this new post was to get an idea of how people think we are looking currently, the bookies are making us just about 3/1 to go down , new signings do not seem to be coming in or any new potential new signings on the horizon , I’m a tad concerned

We will definitely get new faces in before the new season. Until now, we have only sold one player guaranteed to start every game (Neves). We know the club are looking to raise further funds, but it would be foolish to bring in lesser players now if we raise significant money from additional sales and can get better in. Better to clear the decks, see where we are, and then pounce. Much better than panic buying now.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much is dependent on how many more of our players are moved on, and how many are replaced, and by who.
For all the negativity around, and I'm guilty of it too, we do still have a decent bunch of players at present and also a very good coach.
As we sit today, I'd back us to be 14th.
Lose any more first team starters and that could easily become 18th.
Keep the core of what we have and add two or three good signings and who knows?.... maybe 10th.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No goals equals trouble, I'm hoping we can manage 17th.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goals are going to be the problem, so right now I will snatch your hand off for anything between 17th -13th - right now I think 16th is where we will end up.

Who is going to be below us that is the question?

Luton 20th
Sheffield 19th
Bournemouth 18th
Everton 17th
Wolves 16th

Personally, I think getting a season out of Sasa will actually be the deciding factor and how we do. If he comes back fully firing and we get a full season his height, hold-up play, and impact on the likes of Cunha and Silva could well drive us higher up the league.

Its a huge ask for the lad after his injuries, but he is the wild card or unknown factor that may well make the difference.

Neto and Nunes also need big seasons, but we are going to have to find some goals from somewhere - that is going to be key to survival or not

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
19th with the current squad, as I think Julen would have thrown multiple further tantrums in the press if we don’t sign anyone else and end up leaving in Sept/Oct leaving us in the ****.

Back
Top Bottom