Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Where is the strength of our pack?

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not talking about the players and staff.
I'm talking about the mixers.

The strength of the Wolf is in the pack is a nice strap line.
But for it to be meaningful the pack need to buy into it.

The first hint of trouble after three remarkable years and some true colours come out.
Maybe people that feel entitled?
Not really a wolf behaviour at all. More like hyenas ready to scavenge on the bones.

Yes we have big problems and yes they have to be resolved quickly, and of course everyone is entitled to their opinion - but some of the vitriol on here goes beyond sensible criticism.

I'm not seeking prompt debate - just expressing my opinion.
Mods - please close the thread

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score

The first hint of trouble after three remarkable years and some true colours come out.
Not really a wolf behaviour at all. More like hyenas ready to scavenge on the bones.

Yes we have big problems and yes they have to be resolved quickly, and of course everyone is entitled to their opinion - but some of the vitriol on here goes beyond sensible criticism.

Very good comments. Why cannot we be encouraging and supportive when they need it most rather than some of the bad attitude and really nasty comments being aired.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

I’m afraid if you make a post you are offering it up for debate, whether that be agreement or challenge.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont see strength in the pack in this squad of players at present. Fans have every right to be frustrated and angry after that today. Our form is woeful and style of play atrocious. We are falling like a stone. I would be more worried if we were all just sat here making daisy chains. The anger on here tonight is months of frustration at poor tactics, selections and performances. With some of the players we have these current performances are totally unacceptable.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Yeah I think more posts saying how brilliant everything is plus praise for fantastic form and performances will help. Let’s encourage the players and manager on a message board that they don’t read, it’s like me going into the garden shouting come on Wolves and thanks Nuno at the top of my voice despite living 12 miles away.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve been putting in poor performances all season. We’re now losing pretty much every game. I think expressing displeasure and frustration on a message board is pretty acceptable right now.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The first hint of trouble was six months ago. We got 60 points the last 2 seasons and now we have 23 from 21 with our PPG in the last 8 matches pointing to us struggling to get 38 when all said and done. Of course people aren't going to be happy at the moment.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve been putting in poor performances all season. We’re now losing pretty much every game. I think expressing displeasure and frustration on a message board is pretty acceptable right now.

I would be more worried if we all just sat on our hands.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good comments. Why cannot we be encouraging and supportive when they need it most rather than some of the bad attitude and really nasty comments being aired.

Isn't it supportive to point out that XYZ player is not good enough and needs replacing? Or that our tactics look way off and need changing? Or that we are sinking down the league table and if we don't DO something, we'll be in the relegation battle very soon?

The alternative seems to me to be like those awful parents of kids on X-Factor who can't sing to save their life, but the parents get all angry about their precious being criticised. They always have a stack of excuses "its the wrong kind of microphone", "the judges can't recognise proper singing when they hear it". "just give them a chance, can't you see the potential?".

When the rest of the world can tell their precious ones singing is awfully out of tune and sounds like chalk on a blackboard, the supportive thing to do is say "go away and have singing lessons for a few years". Not to pretend that they are already singing to high professional standard.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I understand your sentiments - but this isnt the first sign of trouble .
We are bottom of the league for the last 8 games. Yes thats below the awful WBA, Sheffield and Fulham with 6 points from 11 matches and no idea where a win will come. And frankly you don't help the pack by blaming fans who are only trying to help with criticism - we all want the best for Wolves and we are human.
Do you think Nuno doesn't criticise his players ? A pack means the ability to speak freely to sort out problems , not sulking quietly in your den .

Last edited:

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

This is almost laughable. I am guessing you turn up in life and do the same thing day in, day out with nothing really changing. They are professional sportsman and it all needs changing.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is a forum- we're not members of any pack ffs! Nobody of any influence reads this- moaning and groaning on here is a release valve and saves the poor family cat! The only influence we used to have was cheering or booing in person every 2 weeks

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The irony is that those who are most angry/disappointed, ever since I've been on the mix, (maybe 12 years? a couple before I joined!,) anyway, they always have been. Regardless. Every time, the same anger and we want it better. And at times I've agreed. Saunders. Hoddle. Docherty going back. But it's always the same, or just beneath the surface. And I get it. I'm bloody ****ed off too/want us to win/hate lockdown and need happiness/need some joy from the team I love. But this idea of the pack? Ok, to be totally optimistic: defeat is what you learn from, how you can grow. Our young players, coaches and management can learn how to win, with understanding of how to improve, get better, compete! Our future, easy over the last 3 years, can now be forged in the cauldron of defeat. It can make us stronger.

Or destroy us. Those within the pack bring down its leader. Again. And rely on a new leader. Who, they know not. And different players. At big expense, they hope. And someone must pay. Then we go top 6. Then 8. And again we don't learn our lessons, but drive them out, because that's not good enough.

We can learn from history: our own, and Man Utds in the 80s/90s. Liverpool after Klopp. Be massively disappointed and hurt and ****ed off, but keep supporting. Keep it not blind loyalty but constructive. As, to be fair, most posts and posters are; loyal, positively critical at times, patient.

We as supporters also need to learn what it is to support and to build a world class team. As much as Nuno. Maybe I am naive, but I genuinely believe we both can. And those that complain through the years? Let them be the vast minority that we understand but whose attitude we don't allow to prevail. Nothing that lasts is built on the belief that if we complain loudly enough it shall be given.

I bloody hope we beat Arsenal!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tic Toc

R

reanswolf

I'm sure EVERYONE has a mix of thoughts - panic, worry, concern, support, sorrow, loyalty.

The lack of response to obvious concerns is probably affecting the players too, they are not daft and must wonder what the manager is doing to address concerns. Very few have suggested he should be sacked, tho that is increasingly being aired.

But what can fans do? We can't go to games to offer support. We were outplayed by a non-League team FFS.

Ok, the strength is in the Pack................the fans are the last people on the planet who are having any influence on the results and performances.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the mark of a true fan is what ? Not to care ? Or to suffer in silence ?
Whatever it is, it’s not to call for the head of the best leader we’ve had in at least forty years at the first real sticky patch.

This forum at the moment really shows a distinction between Wolverhampton Wanderers supporters and Wolverhampton Wanderers consumers.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever it is, it’s not to call for the head of the best leader we’ve had in at least forty years at the first real sticky patch.

This forum at the moment really shows a distinction between Wolverhampton Wanderers supporters and Wolverhampton Wanderers consumers.
Calling for his head is wrong agreed .

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This forum reacts to almost 12 months of poor performances for the vast majority , nothing more nothing less.

I've not seen many if any say he should have the sack , but he should be questioned for presiding over such a dramatic downturn, like you or I would be in our chosen careers.
Past performance doesnt guarantee success is the phrase isnt it.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there's a collective mental decay throughout society, and for whatever reason some are building antifragility better than others. We just have to hope it doesn't engulf us to the point it becomes too late to reverse.

From the players perspectives, the uncertainty is unquestionably affecting their performance. From Nuno's perspective, it appears to be imposing on his mood and satisfaction. From the boards perspective, they will be tiptoeing through navigating the global geopolitical issues, their loyalty to Nuno and Jorge, and the financial implications of any decisions.

From the fans perspective, the feeling many had after the Watford semi-final has become like a millstone hanging around our necks.

Yes, I know everyone is dealing with the same issues but there are a lot of variables we as fans don't see, can't measure nor factor in. There is a mental and physical fatigue that is plaguing our performance levels at the moment and this dangerous slippery slope we are seemingly heading towards will increasingly play on the minds of the players.

Rather than thinking about their next move, I'd say they are woefully short on self belief. Too many uncharacteristic 5 yard misplaced passes from players who are clearly capable of better to suggest that this may not be a factor.

I understand where they are coming from and they have my continued support - it's all we can do, try to keep positive when we do get back into stadia and pray they come through it.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The irony is that those who are most angry/disappointed, ever since I've been on the mix, (maybe 12 years? a couple before I joined!,) anyway, they always have been. Regardless. Every time, the same anger and we want it better. And at times I've agreed. Saunders. Hoddle. Docherty going back. But it's always the same, or just beneath the surface. And I get it. I'm bloody ****ed off too/want us to win/hate lockdown and need happiness/need some joy from the team I love. But this idea of the pack? Ok, to be totally optimistic: defeat is what you learn from, how you can grow. Our young players, coaches and management can learn how to win, with understanding of how to improve, get better, compete! Our future, easy over the last 3 years, can now be forged in the cauldron of defeat. It can make us stronger.

Or destroy us. Those within the pack bring down its leader. Again. And rely on a new leader. Who, they know not. And different players. At big expense, they hope. And someone must pay. Then we go top 6. Then 8. And again we don't learn our lessons, but drive them out, because that's not good enough.

We can learn from history: our own, and Man Utds in the 80s/90s. Liverpool after Klopp. Be massively disappointed and hurt and ****ed off, but keep supporting. Keep it not blind loyalty but constructive. As, to be fair, most posts and posters are; loyal, positively critical at times, patient.

We as supporters also need to learn what it is to support and to build a world class team. As much as Nuno. Maybe I am naive, but I genuinely believe we both can. And those that complain through the years? Let them be the vast minority that we understand but whose attitude we don't allow to prevail. Nothing that lasts is built on the belief that if we complain loudly enough it shall be given.

I bloody hope we beat Arsenal!
Brilliant post.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether critical or encouraging, right or wrong, wise or unwise, the fans are showing far more passion for the club than anybody on that pitch.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is almost laughable. I am guessing you turn up in life and do the same thing day in, day out with nothing really changing. They are professional sportsman and it all needs changing.
Sorry for singling out your reply. If you knew anything about my life or profession you would find your own comment laughable.
But I don't disagree with you about the need for criticism or change - to be clearer - my comment "but some of the vitriol on here goes beyond sensible criticism." was meant to be the main thrust.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a forum- we're not members of any pack ffs! Nobody of any influence reads this- moaning and groaning on here is a release valve and saves the poor family cat! The only influence we used to have was cheering or booing in person every 2 weeks
yep - accept that

Back
Top Bottom