Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Where does this leave the home game?

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the Greek Government dont want fans mixing out there, will they allow their fans to travel?

S

ShropshireLad

If the Greek Government dont want fans mixing out there, will they allow their fans to travel?
I would think that folk have freedom to travel until their government imposes nationwide sanctions or until our government imposes a ban on folk coming in or there are sanctions on crowds gathering for sport.

S

Shifnal Wolf

I have a horrible feeling the home match and the Bournemouth game will be behind closed doors :(

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think - given the pattern of the spread - that this season across Europe (including the UK) can possibly finish without there being Premier games played in empty grounds.
I agree. Been predicting this for weeks

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think - given the pattern of the spread - that this season across Europe (including the UK) can possibly finish without there being Premier games played in empty grounds.
I think the likely scenario is the Euros get moved to 2021.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a horrible feeling the home match and the Bournemouth game will be behind closed doors :(
If these games are behind closed doors because of Govt policy then ALL games will then be behind closed doors. We're not there yet but if the virus spreads here like on the continent then this looks like the way things will go.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think this will be the last weekend of league fixtures with fans in the ground. Will be touch and go for a week on Thursday.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Series A is cancelled til early April....not even playing behind closed doors.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then the pertinent question is how long will this last for?!

End of the season no doubt for me. I know Italy will review theirs after 3 April but just can’t see it coming back properly this side of summer.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then the pertinent question is how long will this last for?!

4-9 weeks seems to be the amount of time most ‘experts’ anticipate major disruption to life as we know it going on for from what I’ve read. But what major disruption means is anyone’s guess!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think this will be the last weekend of league fixtures with fans in the ground. Will be touch and go for a week on Thursday.
Thought the same after the Brighton game, that that could have well been the last game we get to go to this season (home game at least)

Reaction score
If it all ramps up to multiple countries closing their stadia and games being postponed etc, surely the Euros will be the thing to take the hit? A normal international tournament would be bad enough trying to limit the impact of global spread, let alone the 2020 format where there’s games and fans across how many countries - like 10 is it? The human travel will be immense, the mixing of people from all over Europe on that scale, they can’t go ahead with that unless coronavirus has long since disappeared surely?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it all ramps up to multiple countries closing their stadia and games being postponed etc, surely the Euros will be the thing to take the hit? A normal international tournament would be bad enough trying to limit the impact of global spread, let alone the 2020 format where there’s games and fans across how many countries - like 10 is it? The human travel will be immense, the mixing of people from all over Europe on that scale, they can’t go ahead with that unless coronavirus has long since disappeared surely?

Worst timing possible for a Euros split across multiple nations. Think it's 12 countries in total. Unless something drastic happens and this all goes away by May, no chance it will be on.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I’ve just received our Mascot Package tickets for the Bournemouth game. I’ll be hugely surprised if that actually goes ahead though.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever happens we wont find out until 24 hours before because if there is one thing we can all be sure of its no one has a ****ing clue what they are doing

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know The Sun is hardly reputable but they are saying CL and EL is probably going to be suspended

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see it being suspended unless there are outbreaks among whole teams, however, behind closed doors is going to happen.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have I missed an official announcement about the home leg? I am a ST holder in the SB but was planning to buy tickets in the south bank instead tomorrow if possible.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I missing something?
Ain't we still in the washing hands stage?
It's a ****ing virus. Just crack on. Population of wolverhampton is something like 200k ain't it and how many cases here?
Game will be on

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
Have I missed an official announcement about the home leg? I am a ST holder in the SB but was planning to buy tickets in the south bank instead tomorrow if possible.
Supporters with 200 points tomorrow.

I’m sure if you call to swap your tickets from Steve Bull to South Bank they will accommodate!

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Supporters with 200 points tomorrow.

I’m sure if you call to swap your tickets from Steve Bull to South Bank they will accommodate!
I think they have stopped selling tickets. The site says not currently on sale.

S

ShropshireLad

Am I missing something?
Ain't we still in the washing hands stage?
It's a ****ing virus. Just crack on. Population of wolverhampton is something like 200k ain't it and how many cases here?
Game will be on
Thank God there’s someone else with a bit of sense after the ****e I’ve read from a few earlier.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the issue is Italy with no more games until April 3rd at the earliest, how can the various competitions ie Champions League, Europa League be completed without the Italian Teams being able to play ?.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think they have stopped selling tickets. The site says not currently on sale.
Just tried to get my season ticket seat in South Bank but currently not on sale. Today was deadline day for ST holders to claim seats, looks as though they’ve suspended sales.

S

ShropshireLad

Surely the issue is Italy with no more games until April 3rd at the earliest, how can the various competitions ie Champions League, Europa League be completed without the Italian Teams being able to play ?.
They’re exempt it seems, just like the medical and emergency services, food outlets and cafes have to be run to keep society going.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just tried to get my season ticket seat in South Bank but currently not on sale. Today was deadline day for ST holders to claim seats, looks as though they’ve suspended sales.
Yes that's why I think it's in doubt but no official word. I guess if they succeed in getting the away leg postponed then we can't play them at home either.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the deadline was 6pm?

Just checked my email, deadline was 5pm, they will swap over tomorrow and go back on sale.

Last edited:

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the deadline was 6pm?
That would explain it but I checked my reserved tickets this afternoon and they had gone, the match wasn't on the home games page either. It's back on the home games page but is says not on sale, it does however still have the other sales dates. We will see if they come back online tomorrow.

Edit: just seen on midlands news the away game is definitely on, therefore I presume the home game will definitely now follow.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m sure you only had till 5pm today though for season ticket holders. Could be wrong.
Just seen comments above,

S

ShropshireLad

That would explain it but I checked my reserved tickets this afternoon and they had gone, the match wasn't on the home games page either. It's back on the home games page but is says not on sale, it does however still have the other sales dates. We will see if they come back online tomorrow.

Edit: just seen on midlands news the away game is definitely on, therefore I presume the home game will definitely now follow.
A week is a long time in an epidemic. I can see it possibly being behind closed doors.

D

Deleted member 4023

A Uefa decision is expected AFTER the round of 16 games has been completed in both the Champions League & Europa competitions

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A Uefa decision is expected AFTER the round of 16 games has been completed in both the Champions League & Europa competitions

Probably a lot easier to deal with quarter finals onwards as they could replace it with a brief knockout tournament instead of stretching it out.

Back
Top Bottom