Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Where do you come from?

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve just had a go at this and, having lived away from Wolverhampton and the midlands for many, many years, and lived in many places I was intrigued at where it would place me.

I was pleasantly shocked at being identified as being very specifically from Wolverhampton. Not just the midlands but Wolverhampton. :)

Where are you from?

The British-Irish Dialect Quiz

D

Deleted member 5962

I’ve just had a go at this and, having lived away from Wolverhampton and the midlands for many, many years, and lived in many places I was intrigued at where it would place me.

I was pleasantly shocked at being identified as being very specifically from Wolverhampton. Not just the midlands but Wolverhampton. :)

Where are you from?

The British-Irish Dialect Quiz

upload_2019-2-16_23-19-14.png

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did this earlier, south east dialect which is unsurprising as I'm from East Anglia :)

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
It’s ****e. It said I was from Saint Helier, wherever the hell that is.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I was originally from Worcester and it said I was from Stoke on Trent. That’s an insult

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got me correct too - said I was Gloucester/ Taunton - and I’m actually Gloucester

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Jersey Channel Islands, the local accent sounds like South Africa, well it did when I worked there
We lived in Zambia in the late 70’s, for about 18 months. Not South Africa, but close. Doubt my dialect reflects this, however.

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Got me bang on, spread from Mid Wales (born and bred), Staffordshire (where I lived for last 20 years) and Black Country

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Got me down as Birmingham when I’m from Telford.

Close enough!

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Capture.JPG

About right, I grew up in Shropshire/Worcestershire but have family from Wolves/Birmingham/North Wales regions.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was as honest as possible and I got the West Midlands region With Wolverhampton in bold and I’m originally from Worcester. Pretty accurate considering it’s a NY Times thing.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Intriguing. Apparently I'm Brummie with a hint of Sheffield?!

I dow saarnd like a Brummie tho. Maybe it's the clash of a propa spakin Fairtha from Old 'ill (growing up as a Cradley chairn-mekker) and a Mother that was raised in Quarry Bonk but fancies herself as Hyacinth Bouquet that's confused it.
Or maybe that I live equidistant from Birmingham and Wolverhampton.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I spent my early years up to the age of 16 in West Midlands and Staffs. I have moved around a lot since then.
It placed me from the Scarborough area.
Guess I'll have to buy a chuffin ferret tha knows.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I grew up in a village called Gnosall near the Staffordshire/Shropshire border and spent most of my school years in Stafford, where I now live, so this is not bad, although a bit more north than I would have liked..

8AD28224-FD14-45FE-8875-761B44E35CBE.jpeg

I probably should not have put ‘nesh’ for cold..

D

Deleted member 4456

It put me in Guildford. I can't remember ever having been there.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it might be a bit more northern considering i moved to North Staffs/Cheshire when I was 6 (33years ago!) and certainly don't have the accent.

Screenshot_20190216-231923__01.jpg

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is nowhere, in this known Universe that you could possibly be from, apart from Wolverhampton. Surprised it didn’t quote your actual address and house number.

Tay that ****in good.

anyway for yower information,there ay that many black country /West Midlands sayings on there.

Last edited:

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manchester??

**** that

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got located as Wolverhampton, does it know your location?
Yes.....your device knows.
I read NYT every day and you get so many free reads then it cuts you off on my iPad. However,if I use my wife’s iPad or use the regular computer, I can continue to read .
It’s not that the NYT tracks your IP address......it’s my Apple iPad keeping track of my visits to NYT.
I just clear my cache and I’m good to go again.
So if the survey places you at Wolverhampton or E. Anglia or wherever....your device knows your location. Next time you take a trip, do the test again and probably get different result to at least not quiet as precise.

I did the test Fri. and clicked I grew up in Ireland. Once I empty my cache, I will do test again and NOT admit being from back home.
How much you wanna bet I get different result?

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was as honest as possible and I got the West Midlands region With Wolverhampton in bold and I’m originally from Worcester. Pretty accurate considering it’s a NY Times thing.
Most likely they just bought it.

Back
Top Bottom