Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Where are the leaders?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
where are the leaders on the pitch?

Who’s battling, screaming, terrifying the other players?

Who is showing true character?

We’re a soft touch. We can have all the tippy tappy Portuguese skills… means nothing without heart, desire & fight.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
where are the leaders on the pitch?

Who’s battling, screaming, terrifying the other players?

Who is showing true character?

We’re a soft touch. We can have all the tippy tappy Portuguese skills… means nothing without heart, desire & fight.
Moutinho will not be quiet that’s for sure. He’s a winner and will certainly let others know but I think there is more amiss than a lack of leadership on the pitch. The players haven’t bought into Lage’s ideas (if in fact he has any)

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We needed to replace Moutinho as a starter with a really agile, aggressive player at the centre of the park. Not just physically, also mentally. We've no snap to our game where it counts.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t that Nunes?
He's playing with Moutinho though. I'm not sure Nunes is aggressive to be honest anyway.

Looks like a nice technician when it works, but he's not a battler or forcing the team forwards so far.. it is very early days for him though, and it is especially hard to new players to come into such a losing team with a drip of a head coach who can't find any formula to winning a football match.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Interesting point.
Ruddy and Coady huge losses

I acccept and understand that maybe we have more suited players now, but someone needs to step up.

Neves leads through performance, Kilman and Collins are solid and doing well but not leading and Raul doesn’t have the form to lead. There’s a gap or rather an opportunity who wants to take it ??

Sasa Nunes Kilman Sa ?

Milijas

Reaction score
Interesting point.
Ruddy and Coady huge losses

I acccept and understand that maybe we have more suited players now, but someone needs to step up.

Neves leads through performance, Kilman and Collins are solid and doing well but not leading and Raul doesn’t have the form to lead. There’s a gap or rather an opportunity who wants to take it ??

Sasa Nunes Kilman Sa ?
Coady and ruddy maybe a loss in terms of their ability to talk loudly.

But glass hands and the slowest CB in the league aren't missed in my opinion. Collins is a massive upgrade on Coady.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Coady and ruddy maybe a loss in terms of their ability to talk loudly.

But glass hands and the slowest CB in the league aren't missed in my opinion. Collins is a massive upgrade on Coady.
Was talking about leadership, not football

Therefore, we need to replace dressing room and pitch leadership. Another centre back and we have a strong squad. So time for people to step up and lead by example and demand positivity and confidence

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I raised this last season after throwing away the lead against Leeds at Molineux and was shot down by many posters as being old fashioned with my views.

That night when Leeds scored their first you could almost see the players thinking “we’ve lost this”.

For all our flare players I’m not seeing an Ince that will snarl at his teammates and put in a huge tackle to gee them up.

Definitely think that is missing currently. SAF had Keane, Wenger had Viera… Klopp has Henderson and Robertson who like to get down and dirty in matches.

I don’t even think Coady is missing, he was more of a hype man, but I don’t think there was much fear there.

Milijas

Reaction score
Was talking about leadership, not football

Therefore, we need to replace dressing room and pitch leadership. Another centre back and we have a strong squad. So time for people to step up and lead by example and demand positivity and confidence
Fair enough.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was going to post something similar - we've lost some big characters from the dressing room and squad in Coady, Saiss and Ruddy. I'm wondering how much of an impact this had on the team.

Should we have stuck with 5 at the back, Coady as captain, and incorporated the likes of Nunes and Guedes into that formation and kept more of our original identity?

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Goodison Park, Everton
St Andrew’s Birmingham
Somewhere in Istanbul

hence my post a few days ago worried about the change of language in the dressing room from English to Portuguese

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He's playing with Moutinho though. I'm not sure Nunes is aggressive to be honest anyway.

Looks like a nice technician when it works, but he's not a battler or forcing the team forwards so far.. it is very early days for him though, and it is especially hard to new players to come into such a losing team with a drip of a head coach who can't find any formula to winning a football match.
He is a battler, he is super strong in duels and won plenty of ball back today. He is big and really quick.

Back
Top Bottom