Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Whens the new home top released?

K

kidderminster wolf

Does anyone know ?

Hoping it will look more old gold than orange but I wont get my hopes up

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The day after everyone's Merchandise Cash expires on their smart cards so they can get money knocked off the new shirt. Mark my words.

306NOTOUT

Whilst were on the subject Mastercard are doing the offer again where you can get a free shirt if you get a Wolves credit card

A

andyc225

The new Burrd$$$$ top is timed to coincide with the opening of the new Megastore.

H

Hatch End

I didn't like the last tee shirt and I have grave doubts about the next tragic offering for the mugs............er........I mean the fans!

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 2010-2011 shirt was pretty good. Last year's was terrible. When will our kit manufacturers learn that Wolves shirts need a black collar?

B

blackandgoldsox

dont npower do a supports package where if you switch you get a free home shirt?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
The 2010-2011 shirt was pretty good. Last year's was terrible. When will our kit manufacturers learn that Wolves shirts need a black collar?

My favourite kit was the 1993-1994 home shirt with the town crest that was made by Molineux. Traditional, pretty close to Old Gold and with the black collar.

Even more excited as I have just bought one of them off eBay for £8 and it should arrive tomorrow.

http://http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/premiership-clubs/wolves/1993-94-wolves-home-shirt-l-5.html

Last edited by a moderator:
L

liquidatorwolf

My favourite kit was the 1993-1994 home shirt with the town crest that was made by Molineux. Traditional, pretty close to Old Gold and with the black collar.

Even more excited as I have just bought one of them off eBay for £8 and it should arrive tomorrow.

gifthumb.php

Beautiful, well said.

- Didn't notice you'd posted the link, apologies

S

SimplyTheWolves

Whens the new home top released?

Does anyone know ?

Hoping it will look more old gold than orange but I wont get my hopes up

Well if it's been locked up it must be worse than last seasons, and that was bad so this one must be worse. Please don’t be another smudgy dirty looking one that looks like an orange Zebra with skid-marks.

T

TonySoprano

Save your money or buy one of the retro ones.

article-1089552-00FA3FDC000004B0-419_468x648.jpg

Smart as. Looks even better on Dougan as well. :cool:

S

SimplyTheWolves

http://http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/premiership-clubs/wolves/1993-94-wolves-home-shirt-l-5.html

Have to admit that's one of my favourites too Tring, still wear it in fact. If the new kit is akin to it I'll be quite chuffed.

K

King Kenny

Agree totally with Tring Wolf - great shirt and love the city crest.

J

John Williams

New-Burrda-Cambridge-United-Kits-2012-13.jpg

will be happy if they just put our badge on the cambridge united design!

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Another voice of agreement for the 1993-95 home shirt. I've got my Dads a hand-me-down, by far my favourite Wolves shirt in the wardrobe.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
gifthumb.php

Beautiful, well said.

- Didn't notice you'd posted the link, apologies

Superb top. This one, and the following few Nutmeg ones were brilliant for me. I also really liked the Puma/Good Year one in 99/00 (I think), Ade Akinbiyi / Havard Flo era (electric times:D).

I really liked last seasons if I'm honest, but apart from the Doritos piece of $$$$, it's the only shirt I haven't had since 93! I really hope the new ones decent cos I'll be getting that one. Unless it's absolutely tragic I suppose! I'll wear the 70's one all season!

R

RichDavi

New-Burrda-Cambridge-United-Kits-2012-13.jpg

will be happy if they just put our badge on the cambridge united design!

After getting the colour right, of course ;)

Although I'd be annoyed if we settled for a carbon copy shirt of a non League team

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at that old nineties kit you forget what a difference a black logo makes. SportingBet does spoil the shirt.

I'd like to see a modern version of that design. Ie more fitted and more modern materials - but nice and simple. Gold top - black sleves - black collar. Done.

Roswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
If the Summer Collection, just released, is anything to go by it will be rubbish! I have never seen such a load of badly design garments in one collection.
Best shirt for me is the traditional old gold shirt and would love to see it back - but alas, I don't think the powers that be consider it 'commercial' enough!

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever ghastly cheap, concoction they come up with this time 'Sporting Bet' MUST be in black. Surely that should be possible Mr Moxey. The red and blue logo is absolutely dreadful against a gold background. Surely even our commercial department can see that.
If only they would go back to a smart, simple shirt with the town's crest and no silly gimmicks like a black squiggly line across the front.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever ghastly cheap, concoction they come up with this time 'Sporting Bet' MUST be in black. Surely that should be possible Mr Moxey. The red and blue logo is absolutely dreadful against a gold background. Surely even our commercial department can see that.
If only they would go back to a smart, simple shirt with the town's crest and no silly gimmicks like a black squiggly line across the front.

Do you not think that this would alienate Wolves fans who weren't fortunate to have been born and bread in Wolverhampton?. If folk want a nice simple shirt with the town crest on they sell them in the club shop for £30.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever ghastly cheap, concoction they come up with this time 'Sporting Bet' MUST be in black. Surely that should be possible Mr Moxey.

It isn't possible because the Sporting Bet logo has nothing to do with the club. The Sporting Bet logo is the company's official logo and trademark, and the club cannot alter the colour of it - and Sporting Bet are unlikely to allow us to change the colour (and indentity of their company) just so that it looks nice on our shirt.

Sporting Bet pay a lot of money to be the clubs sponsor - so they'll expect to have their logo displayed as it should be.

A

andyc225

Surely we could've attracted a more "attractive" sponsor than SportingBet? Bring back Chaucer.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With our colours, we should have approached Duracell re sponsorship years ago....

S

SimplyTheWolves

Yep Man U's is truly rancid. The plastics will look lovely in it!!

Your right OLDGOLD it is bad. It looks like a games table on legs. If we can't come up with something as unique as our colours and something that says we are Wolves in a truly professional way then there's something wrong. When are we going to stop messing about and sort our kit and it's colours out once and for all?

AndyP

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon it looks alright. Both QPR kits look awful, the collar is horrendous.

Back
Top Bottom