Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

When will a forward score again?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously we're doing a lot better now and og has had a particularly good couple of games, but what we would really benefit from is our forwards getting in on the goals.

So who first and when (pod excepted!)?

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't care if every non striker we have scores all our goals by the end of it as long as we stay up and continue to improve though.

Fancy Cunha to grow into it and score a few though. Also really want Costa to get at least one at a decisive point.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he starts and given some de ent chances, the first guy will be Raul.
( could be my heart over my head saying that).

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing I always think of is, it’s great having a 15 goal a season striker but if they get injured (say a big head injury!) then it can totally destabilise the team losing the goals

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Until this season with Haaland, Man City have played for years without an out and out striker and their goals have been spread throughout the squad. It hasn’t stopped them winning titles has it.

We have Raul, Costa, Pod, Cunha, Hwang, Sarabia and Adama who can play in a variety of positions up front. Nothing prolific in goals so far, but JL will have them switching throughout 90 minutes to get in scoring positions, whether they start or come on from the bench.

No player has scored more than one goal in any match this season. I know we haven’t scored many, but they are being spread throughout the team (and the opposition in the last 2 games). I haven’t got a problem with that at all.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Have a feeling it’ll be like London buses…

Cunha and Costa (off the bench) to score on Saturday…

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we buy one
You beat me by 2 minutes with this! I don't think we have a decent goal scorer at present tbh. Cunha is not a genuine striker and I'm not convinced by him at all so far. As long as other players chip in, which they now seem to be doing, I'll be happy.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No player has scored more than one goal in any match this season. I know we haven’t scored many, but they are being spread throughout the team (and the opposition in the last 2 games). I haven’t got a problem with that at all.
Until very recently that's not been true which is why it'd be beneficial for forwards to start finding the net.

We've been starting games with only 1 or 2 players with a prem goal - neves and podence. Two newbies have scored now while hwang and traore forced ogs. It's so important to spread goals around as you say.

My tongue in cheek thread is about how nice it will be for the forwards to get in on the act. Which they will - hopefully on Saturday!

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing I always think of is, it’s great having a 15 goal a season striker but if they get injured (say a big head injury!) then it can totally destabilise the team losing the goals

Yes ….. it can also take over 2 seasons ( and counting) to get a replacement striker of the same standard!

Back
Top Bottom