Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

When Princess Diana visited Molineux

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now my memories of 1985 are pretty sketchy, partly due to age and partly because I couldn't actually see the pitch (and that was before we got moved to the new stand) but does anyone recall Diana using Molineux as a helipad at the end of the season under the Bhattis?!

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Now my memories of 1985 are pretty sketchy, partly due to age and partly because I couldn't actually see the pitch (and that was before we got moved to the new stand) but does anyone recall Diana using Molineux as a helipad at the end of the season under the Bhattis?!
I think there was a picture in one of the programs meeting the team lined up on the pitch. Seem to remember it was a black and white photo.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

May 23, 1985: Princess Diana was pictured visiting the 'Crypt Association' in Wolverhampton, which provided child care in the local community.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there was a picture in one of the programs meeting the team lined up on the pitch. Seem to remember it was a black and white photo.
While looking for my birth certificate last night I actually found a program with a black and white picture of Diana and a crowd of people in the background, but no players, and the crowd, ermmm, with the risk of sounding sexist, didn't look like the crowd typically looked like at Molineux back then (firstly there were more than a smattering, secondly they weren't caged in, thirdly most of them were female, and fourthly they were smiling rather than shouting vitriol about the Bhattis) hence the timing of my question.

I asked my dad, he doesn't remember it at all, and the date (as Mutchy correctly points out, 23rd May) would suggest the season was already over.

Also discovered yesterday that I did actually see Campbell Chapman play. Obviously made quite an impression on me as I've gone the best part of 40 years since certain I hadn't.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Welcome to the wild West Midlands , your royal highness:

And a later visit (also 1988 mentioned)

No mention of Molineux though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom