Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

When is Jonny back fit?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could desperately do with Jonny back fit. He will be like a new signing on the right hand side. Anyone got any info on the Spaniard??

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure I've read end Feb earliest somewhere, but he'd need a mini pre-season to get match fit again so read early April I guess. We might see him for the last 6 or 7 games at a push.

waltononthehillwolf

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know whats wrong with Podence? he was on ****ing fire then injured

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed it is - you sometimes don't miss something until it's not there! Top, top player.

And Saiss, Dendonker and loads of other players who become world class the longer they are out injured! :) Dave Edwards, another. Would be back for 2 matches before was getting slagged off again. I'm sure I remember Nenad Milijas was going to save us too, back in the Mick days. Then he returned and seeing him actually play, we realised what daft fools we'd been!

Anyway, always had Jonny as the most underrated player in the current team...with Saiss second.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Podence and Jonny back in training, chances on either being available for Wednesday?
It's going to take Jonny weeks to get match fitness back, and I'm not even sure he's doing contract training yet. He'll play in the U23s before making a full comeback, I'd imagine.

Podence won't have lost so much fitness but will still need time and may not start a game immediately either.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw Jonny in the training video doing physical training with the other guys, but i didnt see him playing in the short game section so it seems he is not doing contact training yet.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It's going to take Jonny weeks to get match fitness back, and I'm not even sure he's doing contract training yet. He'll play in the U23s before making a full comeback, I'd imagine.

Podence won't have lost so much fitness but will still need time and may not start a game immediately either.
You might be right but I'm pretty sure Nuno never plays any senior player returning from injury in the under 23s to get them match fit. He always gets them match fit through training and training alone. I think he even said this in an interview once. Agree it's going to be quite a few weeks before Jonny is in the match day squad.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah re Jonny hard to know what stage of training he's at with short clips. Not sure he'll play in the under 23s though Nuno's never done that with injured players has he?

Podence was back in training mid last week at least though wasn't he? So surely has to be close, as he was only out for a few weeks.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And Saiss, Dendonker and loads of other players who become world class the longer they are out injured! :) Dave Edwards, another. Would be back for 2 matches before was getting slagged off again. I'm sure I remember Nenad Milijas was going to save us too, back in the Mick days. Then he returned and seeing him actually play, we realised what daft fools we'd been!

Anyway, always had Jonny as the most underrated player in the current team...with Saiss second.

HaHa! Hindsight Wanderers would win the league at a canter. :)
In fairness, the post wasn’t to be taken literally as I think everybody here rates Jonny.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You might be right but I'm pretty sure Nuno never plays any senior player returning from injury in the under 23s to get them match fit. He always gets them match fit through training and training alone. I think he even said this in an interview once. Agree it's going to be quite a few weeks before Jonny is in the match day squad.
Good point! @pacamac made it too.

I don't think I've ever been so excited about a boring player returning (I don't mean that as an insult - Jonny's the best boring player we've ever had!)

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does he look a bit chunkier or is it all the clothing he's got on?

You do notice that footballers seem to put on a lot of muscle when having a long term injury, partially because they have nothing to do but go to the gym for months but also to help protect the injured joint. He'll lose the bulk as he trains more.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good point! @pacamac made it too.

I don't think I've ever been so excited about a boring player returning (I don't mean that as an insult - Jonny's the best boring player we've ever had!)
Well, since the early days of Dennis Irwin at least. Jonny will definitely last longer though.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do notice that footballers seem to put on a lot of muscle when having a long term injury, partially because they have nothing to do but go to the gym for months but also to help protect the injured joint. He'll lose the bulk as he trains more.
It is also great time to improve their all round conditioning, improve lean mass ratio and correct muscle imbalances to stop further injury when he returns as the return fortnight after long term injury. It is a time to really look after the player as often strangely it is another body part gets injured or gets a new boggling injury to add to the list ....... that is what we were always told when coming back from injuries that last over 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom