Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What's your opinion on this...

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck recruiting staff now Fosun!

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect they did the same at Wembley. Remember when that big block became available?

L

Lycan

Absolute madness that we were ever giving away 2 season tickets at a value of over a grand to cashiers and programme sellers.

Wolves are a living wage Employer, they don't need to do anything more than that. Give them a discount in the club shop or something if you're feeling generous.

D

Deleted member 4124

The right decision. Give them a staff discount or something, but not a free season ticket or two.

They should be offered first dibs if they want to purchase them as it seems most were just selling them on.

They apparently get 50% discount and first refusal now instead. The staff probably forgot to mention that though. Freeloaders.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I bet there are a few that rely on this to see the Wolves e.g. Programme Sellers, but bet there’s a few that just pass theirs on.

Swings and roundabouts, it’s a perk of the job but that was in times of lower demand. Now demand outstrips supply it’s unfortunately for them the right decision.

D

Deleted member 4456

They apparently get 50% discount and first refusal now instead. The staff probably forgot to mention that though. Freeloaders.
That's a deeper staff discount than many people get in their jobs. They should be happy with it.

D

Deleted member 5242

20% i think

Still cost my mate best part of £500 for BW

Edit: I should add he doesn't work for Wolves, someone who does passed it on to him, which says it all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In itself not very much, but there appears to be a drip drip lack of confidence in the “management” over the last few weeks viz increase in ticket prices, poor new strip (in the opinion of some), as yet no real transfer activity etc.

Wonder how things will turn out? A poor start to the season could cause ruckshuns (is there such a word? If not there should be).

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was a perk of the job, at a time when demand was low. Sure they should get discounted tickets, but to get 2 free tickets, when we have a massive waiting list, doesn't make sense.

They are been offered 1st refusal and heavily discounted, times have changed.

Even the helpers on matchdays who used to get a free ticket, since promotion, now have to contribute.

W

wolvesultra

My opinion as per the other thread people are talking about it on:

The sad fact is I bet it’s only those at the bottom who’ve lost their free season tickets I bet those who could easily afford them still get a free seat.

Something did need to be done it was way OTT them getting 2 each. I’d have said limit it to 1 per person and ask them to make a contribution (say half price).

Think they could have handled the change better too more gradual.

Will there be any programme sellers left? Surely the main reason for that job was that you got to watch the match if you otherwise couldn’t afford it. Feel sorry for those had that taken away from them because some of the full time sales/commercial staff etc were playing the system and selling on their etc seats.

Bet Tito ****ing Jackson and some gimp in a mask still get in free!

It could be the start of a worrying trend of how the clubs run without Laurie acting as a buffer though.

Loads on here seem to love telling us how great Fosun are because they are ruthless in THEIR vision for the club and have no loyalty. Which is all well and good when their vision matches yours but what when/if it doesn’t.

Lauries expendable......most are ok with it
Local low paid workers are expendable ......most are ok with it
Nunos expendable.......?
The fans are expendable........?
Playing at Molineux is expendable.......?
Other traditions of the club are expendable.........?

Worrying/uncertain times in my opinion.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can sell more tickets instead of giving them away we might be able to afford a new signing
Maybe next season the perk will return when Fosun leave after relegation lol

Last edited:
W

wolvesultra

Considering the amount of people I know who sell on complimentary tickets, including youth team players who have what can only be described as a ticket tout racket, my initial feeling is that this is a good idea. They still get 20% discount which I think is fair enough.
Shame seems these people have ruined it for the genuine ones like I say.

Do think it certainly needed looking at and never should have been 2 per person. Just think Wolves have gone a little OTT especially doing it all in one foul swoop, are they really bothered that its unfair or are they just seeing £ signs?

Should be 1 per employee discounted at 50% (which can be paid across the year via their wages) but they should all be reminded that anyone using it other than them would be treated as a disciplinary matter.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having read the above and taken on board comments from those 'in the know ', IMO it's a correct decision.
So well done to the club.

M

Mr Wolf

2 free tickets is a bit overkill but they should definitely be offered first dibs on one at a discounted rate.

I agree that comp tickets should be massively capped also. Most who take them can afford the £30 let’s face it, as you all say it all adds towards FFP like our increase does.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Mixed feelings about it. I can see both sides of the argument. Don't see the need for 2 free season tickets though. I'm sure that other one is with family in mind so they are not seated alone, but they could have been offered another paid ticket if that's the case. Would probably be outraged if I worked at the club but from an outside perspective all those free season tickets when there is a waiting list seems over generous. Maybe this was one of the board disagreements with Dalrymple, as he was part of the old guard and wanted to protect those who worked at the club for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom