Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What was your first Wolves memory?

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely don’t know the match I went to (poor memory) but we lost to Man Utd I think 3-0 guessing in a cup game.

I’d gone with my dad, uncle and cousin. My dad doesn’t remember either so that’s helpful! I think I would have been around 6 so 1987 maybe but who knows. I could be out by years!
That's an interesting one, as we didn't play Man Utd at home at all between 1984 (1-1) and 2004 (Kenny Miller 1-0), unless it was a reserve team game or a pre-season match perhaps.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
im sure the first segregated game was against the albion in feb/march 78
I think that's about right. It was a rescheduled game as it was called off for a frozen pitch a few weeks earlier. Loads of Wolves went to Walsall v Shrewsbury instead. If the fixture had gone ahead as scheduled the barrier would not have been there.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep going mate. As elder statesmen of the Mix we need to stick together! Just enjoy every day as it comes.
Thanks BSK but difficult to enjoy days after losing at home to a poor Norwich side. Wondering who to blame the most!

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's an interesting one, as we didn't play Man Utd at home at all between 1984 (1-1) and 2004 (Kenny Miller 1-0), unless it was a reserve team game or a pre-season match perhaps.
Yeah ive tried to find the match myself but struggled. Defo haven't imagined it wasn't old enough to know the players

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks BSK but difficult to enjoy days after losing at home to a poor Norwich side. Wondering who to blame the most!
You've supported Wolves long enough to know that games like last Saturday go with the territory! We'll see a reaction tomorrow, I'm sure of it.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seeing this you realise what a wilderness we were in for so many years and after 2004. It was great fun at the time going to places like Swindon and seeing us beat Rotherham 6-4 but you can't beat watching us beat Utd and Liverpool and the like.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've supported Wolves long enough to know that games like last Saturday go with the territory! We'll see a reaction tomorrow, I'm sure of it.
Still hurts to lose those kind of games though BSK, as you know.

Lofty wolf

Reaction score
Cup game against Leeds in the mid 70's.
Dad , Mom and , i think , Brother and sister , right in the middle of the South Bank by the walkway.
So much fighting
I distinctly remember someone shouting "I'll kill him" thinking I wonder if he did !
My dad never took me again

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
As far as I can deduce, it was 5-1 or 5-2 win over Norwich in FA cup in 1971.

It is first programme I have and I do remember a bit of the game. It’s on YouTube now so that helps !

I say 5-1 or 5-2 because I always thought it was 5-1 but YouTube shows Norwich scoring 2 - can anyone clarify ?

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of an odd one this, but my first memory of Wolves is seeing the Express and Star’s stickers ‘Save the Wolves’ all over lamposts on my old Estate in Stafford and a big ‘Subway Army’ graffiti (didn’t know what it was then) at the back of the supermarket.

I had no idea who Wolves were then, but l thought they must be a big team with so many stickers everywhere.

I was right as there was a direct correlation between the number of stickers and the number of people at Chorley (l wasn’t one of them)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He soon left wolves and we got relegated again. I think we were in division 3. Forgive me for the typo.
I find the typos perhaps the funniest things on here! I think we all knew who you were talking about but made me smile.

Rusty Staples

Groupie
Reaction score
Think it was 1973. Home vs Newcastle. 1-1. Both Hibbitts scored. Doog Richards Hibbitt Munro Daley Parkin etc.
It was love at first sight. The roar was physically intoxicating so laden with beer as it was.
Doog took the ball around keeper and then shot wide of an empty goal ...and we all stood up and applauded him ...that was the Doog !!!.

Rusty Staples

Groupie
Reaction score
As far as I can deduce, it was 5-1 or 5-2 win over Norwich in FA cup in 1971.

It is first programme I have and I do remember a bit of the game. It’s on YouTube now so that helps !

I say 5-1 or 5-2 because I always thought it was 5-1 but YouTube shows Norwich scoring 2 - can anyone clarify ?
Was 5-1 Norwich missed a peno near the end .

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the 1980 League Cup match against forest round my mates house and was hooked - following week we played Stoke down the Mol and his uncle worked on the Turnstiles and got us in for free - that's one hell of a loss leader wolves if you are listening - one free ticket as a kid and 42 years of weekly support!

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
August 1994, Bully lobbing Schmeichel in the pre-season friendly vs United. I have vague memories of listening to us on radio with my dad before that game (which was my first), but I vividly remember the occasion and being in awe.

Back
Top Bottom