Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What the players actually think

D

Dougan was king

With Kightly praising his move to Stoke and saying their fans are special and allegedly last week Fletcher when asked where he would be going replied with (as far away as possible)
What do the rest of the players actually think about the fans and club?

R

RichDavi

Stoke fans are special? What for, the speed at which they switched allegiances to the Clayheads from United when they got promoted?

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stoke fans special.....Yep

Straight off the Sunshine Bus type

*(No offence to anybody who travels/connected with the sunshine group)

J

Jungleee

The myth that Stoke fans are 'special' needs to be destroyed. It's poisonous, spreading and only preached by armchairs.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to the Britannia in 09/10. Give them their dues, when they were winning 2-0 there was some noise. When it was 2-2 you could hear their phones going off.

So basically, they're noisy when they're winning. But show me a set of fan who aren't.

I'd love to see them being loud when getting stuffed 6-0 and 5-0 down to Southampton and Utd respectively.

J

Jungleee

I went to the Britannia in 09/10. Give them their dues, when they were winning 2-0 there was some noise. When it was 2-2 you could hear their phones going off.

So basically, they're noisy when they're winning. But show me a set of fan who aren't.

I'd love to see them being loud when getting stuffed 6-0 and 5-0 down to Southampton and Utd respectively.

Don't forget away games such as United and Fulham (to name a few) last season. Incredible atmospheres. Makes you proud to be a Wolves fan.

I'd wager that Wolves fans are poor when we're winning, simply because we know it won't last!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed, very overrated fans

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't forget away games such as United and Fulham (to name a few) last season. Incredible atmospheres. Makes you proud to be a Wolves fan.

I'd wager that Wolves fans are poor when we're winning, simply because we know it won't last!

I wasn't at those away games so couldn't comment on them.

Fact is, when we play them, apart from the occasional chorus of Delilah, they're not that noisy. And another thing, why Delilah? Are they big on domestic violence ooooop in Stoke. Duck.

And one final note. Why don't they pronounce cook or book correctly?

A

andyc225

I wasn't at those away games so couldn't comment on them.

Fact is, when we play them, apart from the occasional chorus of Delilah, they're not that noisy. And another thing, why Delilah? Are they big on domestic violence ooooop in Stoke. Duck.

And one final note. Why don't they pronounce cook or book correctly?

Look in a cook book for the answer duck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember when they ripped us apart 4-1 at Molineux and Dean Richards had to go in goal. They were the loudest fans I'd heard at Mol for many years

B

BaysideWolf

Going back to the original question - I would very much suspect that the players (with a couple of exceptions) regard the club (and fans) very much the way we regard our respective employers. The prime measure is financial: How much do they pay and can I get a better deal somewhere else? After that it is opportunity to be successful (ie promotions, winning trophies and playing in Europe etc). Next would be size of club, quality of facilities and atmosphere generated.

Most players are professionals trying to build a career and maximise their financial return - most likely the same as many of us. If they can see a better opportunity somewhere else they will go after it just as we would. The exceptions to the rule are typically the ones who are born and bred in the area and who supported the club as a kid. For them there is an additional bond - Karl Henry and Richard Stearman being the ones in our case.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we discipline him for this.

Me too.

Ungrateful little so and so. How he has the temerity to effectively say 'Go on Wolves, let Stephen go' is beyond me.

As it is that he thinks he deserves to play in the Premier League!

A

Andy Grays perm

Forget all the "I need a new challenge" "I have put in a transfer request" nonsense. The bloke has seen the writing on the wall had a chat with the manager and been told he might not be a regular in the team. He may even have been told he was free to move on if he wishes.

M

morosewolf

I support the wage cut in the event of relegation, but therefore we shouldn't be surprised if players choose to leave because of it. Personally I would have waived this for Kightly, Jarvis and Fletcher (who knows maybe we did?). Anyone else, like Berra, can lump it or leave if they are fortunate to get more money elsewhere and we get an acceptable offer.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha Ha you have got to admire the confidence he has in his own ability.

They should make it a condition of Fletcher's transfer that whoever buys him has to take Berra too. Then we'll see how pally Fletch is with Berra.

A

Andy Grays perm

The line "I want to be playing every week" is very telling.

To show how much he is valued:

Berra puts in a transfer request it is immediately but reluctantly (PR spin) accepted

Fletcher puts in a request and it does not appear to be accepted as quickly if at all.

Suspect the club is more than happy for him to go!

A

andyc225

I hope we discipline him for this.

Kinky.

In all seriousness, fine him a couple of weeks' wages for his comments. It'll be punishment enough, since the only Premiership he's heading toward is the Blue Square.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Kightly praising his move to Stoke and saying their fans are special and allegedly last week Fletcher when asked where he would be going replied with (as far away as possible)
What do the rest of the players actually think about the fans and club?

Did fletcher really say that ?

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bankswolf II

Kightly praised stoke fans?? Well hes hardly going to slag them off and say how amazing their Staffordshire rivals are is he

I also am now convinced when Stale met everyone he must have said to Berra you either play a bit part next season or you can go and considering I havent heard a lot of interest I dont imagine he is following Fletcher anywhere

Back
Top Bottom