Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What players will want to leave ?

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of fan talk about players they want to get rid of, maybe some players will want to leave ?

R

reanswolf

Neves (£35m), Patricio (£10m), Traore (£40m), Moutinho (free), Boly (£20m), in my opinion.

Might raise £100m. Plus another £10m from Vinagre, Cutrone etc.

Gives a good war chest of £110m potentially to buy 5 replacements at around £20m each (keeper, CB, 2 x CMs, winger) or 4 at £30m each.
Plus I'd buy Alt Nouri if we can.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Neto would have looked to move this summer if it wasn't for the injury. Traore, Neves and Dendoncker might, especially if they have good Euros and their stock is high. Saiss might want one last contract somewhere. Boly, possibly. Raul and Coady will definitely want to stay, I feel.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of fan talk about players they want to get rid of, maybe some players will want to leave ?
Who’s wants to leave? Who knows? Maybe none.
Too many variables and unknowns this time around, isn’t there?

Personally, I am taking a wait-and-see attitude for the next several months. Guessing or having unreasonable expectations in the face of much uncertainty won’t help me......I’d probably be setting myself up for disappointment.

For example, Wolves top 3 targets for a new manager might not be available.....so they might have to settle, just like in any transfer window.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be honest, unless there are already moves in place, it comes down to who the club appoint. Is it someone the players are excited to work with? Is it someone who comes in with a clear vision for improving the players?

Also, depending on the size of manager coming in, keeping some players might be part of the deal. Would a Fonseca or Benitez want to walk into a club about to sell Neves? My guess is that if it's Lage, then we're about to see a large sale of star players and funds used to regenerate a youthful team with a low net spend. If it's one of the bigger names, they will want to keep hold of most of the star players and still have money to spend on top.

Last edited:

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Due to injuries, Raul and Neto won't be leaving this summer. Clubs won't buy players who are currently injured, or are coming back from injury. I think we have to do everything we can to keep Neves; although I think the club will look to sell him (big mistake in my opinion). Apparently the Traore contract talks are back on, so that's a good sign; but I doubt he will sign till after the Euros.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who’s wants to leave? Who knows? Maybe none.
Too many variables and unknowns this time around, isn’t there?

Personally, I am taking a wait-and-see attitude for the next several months. Guessing or having unreasonable expectations in the face of much uncertainty won’t help me......I’d probably be setting myself up for disappointment.

For example, Wolves top 3 targets for a new manager might not be available.....so they might have to settle, just like in any transfer window.

I’m in the same position as you. I did this thread to counter the many about who the fans want gone And a reminder it is a two way street.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is £100m a good war chest still?

Near £40m of that would go on signing Vitinha and RAN, so we’re down to £60m just to stand still.

We don’t need any more ‘potential’ we need first team ready if we genuinely want to improve on this season’s finish. At best for £60m you’ll get three first team ready players, I’d say it would be closer to two players though. So that’s potentially £100m not to significantly improve our squad size.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is £100m a good war chest still?

Near £40m of that would go on signing Vitinha and RAN, so we’re down to £60m just to stand still.

We don’t need any more ‘potential’ we need first team ready if we genuinely want to improve on this season’s finish. At best for £60m you’ll get three first team ready players, I’d say it would be closer to two players though. So that’s potentially £100m not to significantly improve our squad size.
I anticipate we'll be using the loan market, as we have done every season under Fosun.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I anticipate we'll be using the loan market, as we have done every season under Fosun.

And in general how effective has that been at PL level apart from Johnny and Raul?

Was great in the Championship... but not so effective at the top level.

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
Surely they will want to see if we are still as ambitious before making a decision.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And in general how effective has that been at PL level apart from Johnny and Raul?

Was great in the Championship... but not so effective at the top level.
Well that's a different conversation all together. Whether you believe it has been effective or not, I'm sure FOSUN will stick to this method considering how much our squad needs to change, yet with seemingly little money available.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that's a different conversation all together. Whether you believe it has been effective or not, I'm sure FOSUN will stick to this method considering how much our squad needs to change, yet with seemingly little money available.

Exactly. That is why I’m not confident about this squad rebuild our fans are talking about.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone at the club actually said there is no money to spend? Or is it just rumours?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think by January the latest we may be taking the portugese flag off the top of the Steve bull stand....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players follow the money. This will be like the zenga era. Tons incoming and leaving

Reactions: Ian

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think by January the latest we may be taking the portugese flag off the top of the Steve bull stand....
... and replacing it with a Welsh one, as we celebrate Dean Saunders - and what a leftfield appointment that was as Head Coach - taking us to 15 points clear at the top of the Prem.

OK, maybe not....

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they'll wait to see who gets appointed and decide from there. If it's Lage I should imagine they'll be off quick sharp...... Cheap option, little experience, can't see them buying into it.
If its a big name with a reputation in the footballing world, a recognised coach who can improve them holistically then we stand a far greater chance of retaining key players

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone at the club actually said there is no money to spend? Or is it just rumours?

On the molineux view, I forget who the bloke was, but he basically said that we have no money :)

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anyone leaves I hope that Fosun dont let any go cheaply. Some of the figures I have seen guessed on here are far too low.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course they haven't.... its the usual on here.
One person sees it as a random post from someone on SM and then announce it to the world as gospel.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves (£35m), Patricio (£10m), Traore (£40m), Moutinho (free), Boly (£20m), in my opinion.

Gives a good war chest of £110m potentially to buy 5 replacements at around £20m each (keeper, CB, 2 x CMs, winger) or 4 at £30m each.
So basically sell our best players. This would be suicidal. Need to raise funds by selling Coady, Donk, Saiss and Podence, plus all the folk out on loan.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So basically sell our best players. This would be suicidal. Need to raise funds by selling Coady, Donk, Saiss and Podence, plus all the folk out on loan.
Depends who comes in.

The supposed want for a lage :)-)) squad next season I see the Donks and the Saiss' of the squad become just that,squad fillers.

Maybe the players are looking forward to a new "shackles off" brand of football.

Only downside to this is a less "organised" defensive set up so we will need to sign better (less dependent of deep midfield protection) defenders.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone has a price. I would not be surprised with any if them wanting to go as we look to be a team who has plateaued and dropped this year. Some , like Kilman may be hoping they get a fairer shout, maybe also Gibbs White. Some of the cosy crew may be in for a shock.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto and Raul won't leave this summer due to injuries.
I agree but that is not what I meant. I see these 3 guys as being absolutely key going forward and the new manager will need them very much on board.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree but that is not what I meant. I see these 3 guys as being absolutely key going forward and the new manager will need them very much on board.
Well he has a chance with Neto and Raul because they aren't going anywhere. Every cloud has a silver lining. Neves, well tbh what will be will be. I for one won't lose any sleep over what happens with him.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
I imagine most of the squad are currently googling "who is Bruno Lage?" Then ringing their agent 5 minutes after

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well he has a chance with Neto and Raul because they aren't going anywhere. Every cloud has a silver lining. Neves, well tbh what will be will be. I for one won't lose any sleep over what happens with him.
Completely disagree re Neves. He is the classiest player in our team by a country mile. Committed, composure, awareness, passing range abs accuracy, tackles and blocks plus shooting (if he can get back his shooting boots). We should do everything we can to hold on to him and build the team around him.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Boly for £20M is fanciful, I'd want much more than £35M for Neves though.

Reactions: Ian

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can't see Neves wanting to leave, he seems committed to the club and appears happy in the area.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely disagree re Neves. He is the classiest player in our team by a country mile. Committed, composure, awareness, passing range abs accuracy, tackles and blocks plus shooting (if he can get back his shooting boots). We should do everything we can to hold on to him and build the team around him.
Now I wasn't trying to say Neves isn't a good player. I merely pointed out that I wouldn't lose any sleep if he left. Same as I'm not losing any over Nuno going. Now that of course doesn't mean I didn't rate him as a good manager.

Back
Top Bottom