Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What next if Beale turn's us down?

W

WasStefan

Personally, I know loads will disagree, but I think Sean Dyche would be ideal right now.

Yes I know it was Burnley and lack of style but maybe he would be able to add that hard edge to our team.
No chance he comes here with the way Fosun/ Gestifute operate

It’ll be Nuno or Davis until whenever Lopetegui’s dads illness is over.

We really are a pathetic shambles of a club and the buck stops with Shi

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There was 100 mill injected to spend in the summer across Wolves and grasshoppers. We spent 60 (net). Grasshoppers pennies. So...there should still be funds. What are we saying to these people?

Well beale was all set to join then u turned quicker than liz truss

It seems les Ferdinand either played on something and got him to change his mind.

However what now? A new attempt each week or do week wait until the world cup break

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was 100 mill injected to spend in the summer across Wolves and grasshoppers. We spent 60 (net). Grasshoppers pennies. So...there should still be funds. What are we saying to these people?
I'd love to be a fly on the wall mate. Apparently he refused to even talk to us though, so seems his mind was made up beforehand possibly. Lopetegui I'm convinced he just wasn't up for a relegation dogfight given where he's come from.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably the nil funds to spend in January to fix this squad

I imagine thats part of it but more significantly having no say in what players will be bought/ sold would be a huge deterrent.
I imagine it will be Pedro Martins or Bosz.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All long suffering Wolves fans understand the pessimism behind this thread. You wake up thinking it can’t possibly turn sour but with the incompetent duo at the helm, it seems like we can’t kiss goodbye to the bad old days just yet.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All long suffering Wolves fans understand the pessimism behind this thread. You wake up thinking it can’t possibly turn sour but with the incompetent duo at the helm, it seems like we can’t kiss goodbye to the bad old days just yet.

It's that hypothetical "If you set out to deliberately break a club ,company or system (or country, hi Liz) , how would you go about it?" . Out decisions often fit the "self destruct", "worst practice" approach than they do a skilled team pulling together towards success.

From a point of quarter-finals in Europe, 7th in the league, if you were an Albion fan who'd somehow got onto Wolves heirarchy, how would you destroy us, without arousing suspicion? How about - demand on a transformation in playing style, while insisting on a small squad and no money to fund that change. Blow the last remaining transfer funds on players who aren't good enough, or even if they are, won't be ready for 5 years. Replace key players out injured with random names drawn from a Portugese/Spanish hat. As long as they have an impressive Youtube video showing the 60 seconds they were good, during their 5 years in the Portugese league, the fans won't suspect anything.

Then sack the best manager for 40 years for not delivering the impossible. Too risky keeping him around as he might just exceed expectations and also, I think he might suspect something. He looked a bit grumpy and that's got to be a sacking offence. Ensure he is replaced by inexperienced managers who are not up to it but will not question anything. And if he somehow scrapes the top half of the table, insist on dramatic team restructuring again, got to get rid of those players who keep doing OK despite all attempts to destroy their morale. Succesful recruiters? Get rid, Everton will take them. Keep the transfers oscillating between "none for years" , then the "Fulham/Forest doing bits Scattergun approach". Those 60 second YT videos help. Keep raising season tickets every year, but if any of the club staff appear to be doing a good job and are popular with fans, move them on mysteriously.

And they will get away with it if it isn't for us pesky kids. :D

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beale has turned us down. If not totally committed, then he has made the correct decision. Wolves must now move on and bring in someone who wants the job. People say no one wants this job, sorry but I do not accept this. I imagine there will be plenty of people wanting to come to Wolves.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beale has turned us down. If not totally committed, then he has made the correct decision. Wolves must now move on and bring in someone who wants the job. People say no one wants this job, sorry but I do not accept this. I imagine there will be plenty of people wanting to come to Wolves.
Colin ?

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but finding someone who wants to come here and is actually good is a completely different thing. By your logic, we might as well tap up Jeff for one of us off the Mix to get the job.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love to be a fly on the wall mate. Apparently he refused to even talk to us though, so seems his mind was made up beforehand possibly. Lopetegui I'm convinced he just wasn't up for a relegation dogfight given where he's come from.
It won't be funds.

It'll be control of signings, targets approached etc.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward the watching QPR beat us at home next season. But which division?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi was obviously sold on an English alternative. I do wonder if Dyche will now be back in the frame? An out of work manager turning us down, now that would be embarrassing.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
surely they speak to the agent and say we are interested, if we made an approach would he be up for it or is he staying at QPR

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
From a point of quarter-finals in Europe, 7th in the league, if you were an Albion fan who'd somehow got onto Wolves heirarchy, how would you destroy us, without arousing suspicion?
If you like your conspiracy theories how about this?

The 'Sky 6' alarmed at how Wolves appear out of nowhere, backed by the football worlds super agent, and challenging their lucrative Champions League status collude to unsettle, and then sign, our 2nd and 3rd highest goal scorers effectively pulling the teeth from the Wolves mouth (knowing that Jimenez wouldn't be allowed to go anywhere).

At the same time plant a dour dressing room disrupting youngster in exchange, sit back, watch the implosion.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
Bosz is crap sacked at two different clubs after just a few months laughable cv Nuno is who a lot of people are saying they want but who truly thinks he make magic happen like his first time

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but finding someone who wants to come here and is actually good is a completely different thing. By your logic, we might as well tap up Jeff for one of us off the Mix to get the job.
There are a few Mixers who pontifate enough to be worth a shout or is it a case of empty vessels.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It shows to me that it is also nothing to do with Lopeteguis dad, obviously something is putting these guys off
Was going to say the same. Two managers in 10 days getting cold feet at the last minute if reports are to be believed.
This is a very perceptive observation. Lopetegui seemed to be a shoe-in, Jeff flies over to speak with him, JL turns us down. Beale is a shoe-in at the start of play today, by 10:30 he has rejected us after presumably speaking with Jeff. I think the reason might rhyme with, "Hair whizz low honey tin Man hew wary".

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If situation with Lopetegui really is down to his fathers health then one question now is is anything likely to change that situation in the next few months. An option would be to keep Davis in situ tilWorld Cup break the get Lopetegui in, would need to be sure to get him, otherwise we’d be back in situation of 3rd 4th choices. Or we look to someone else then who wasn’t originally available

Last edited:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I know loads will disagree, but I think Sean Dyche would be ideal right now.

Yes I know it was Burnley and lack of style but maybe he would be able to add that hard edge to our team.
Would never have been a bad appointment in the first place. There are lots better though.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If situation with Lopetegui really is down to his fathers health then one question now is is anything likely to change that situation in the next few months. An option would be to keep David in situ tilWorld Cup break the get Lopetegui in, would need to be sure to get him, otherwise we’d be back in situation of 3rd 4th choices. Or we look to someone else then who wasn’t originally available
Rafa anyone??

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tons and tons of people want the job. But not someone highly touted. We're in a relegation spot with no strikers on the roster except 96 year old Diego Costa.

The best chance we have is someone who is on a "last chance" to prove they belong. Or someone up and coming but not thought of as top flight quality yet.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sean Dyche would definitely steady the ship, but -
1- Do we want to become another, Bolton, Stoke, Burnley Everton, etc etc. middle of the road steady club who will only go one way in the end,
2- Can he manage all these foreign players or would he go for his usual good steady British player,
3- Would he put up with the interfering owners and agent,
4- Perhaps it could be his big chance in football to manage a club with the money to kick on,

So many ifs and buts aye, Great being a Wolves fan watching us doing what Wolves do best, they must be running out of bullets to shoot another foot, LOL.

Last edited:

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sean Dyche would definitely steady the ship, but -
1- Do we want to become another, Bolton, Stoke, Burnley Everton, etc etc. middle of the road steady club who will only go one way in the end,
2- Can he manage all these foreign players or would he go for his usual good steady British player,
3- Would he put up with the interfering owners and agent,
4- Perhaps it could be his big chance in football to manage a club with the money to kick on,

So many ifs and buts aye, Great being a Wolves fan watching us doing what Wolves do best, they must be running out of bullets to shoot another foot, LOL.
he'd probably turn us down

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe put it to Tory MPs instead?

They always get it righ.... oops
The process does sound crazy and a bit rushed I agree, but unlike Tory members who think TikTok is that big wooden thing in the hallway, us mixers are very happy to have a poll at the drop of a hat.

Back
Top Bottom