Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What is that Morgan wants from this club?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are all discussing about who the new manager should be, whether Moxey should go and what players should come and go. Even new coaches and a DOF. But this all means nothing unless Steve Morgan wants it.
I dont think any of us know what Morgan wants from this club and why he even came here. The answer to this will go a long way to see what he is prepared to put into it.
At the moment I believe we all would like to hear from him something positive. We know that he cannot reveal all of his plans but at least give us something to feel better about.
silence is the most deafening sound in the world sometimes.
He could start by acknowledging mistakes have been made. Only a big man will do that and I think it would go down well with most fans. Dont tell us though that you want to be in the top ten of the prem and then not do anything about it. Tell us what you want and how you intend to go about it.
We need strong, focused leadership and that must come from the top. But the issue to be answered is - yes - what do you want from this club Mr Morgan?

T

teedw

You don't get into football ownership to make money - there are much better ways of investing 30 mil

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are all discussing about who the new manager should be, whether Moxey should go and what players should come and go. Even new coaches and a DOF. But this all means nothing unless Steve Morgan wants it.
I dont think any of us know what Morgan wants from this club and why he even came here. The answer to this will go a long way to see what he is prepared to put into it.
At the moment I believe we all would like to hear from him something positive. We know that he cannot reveal all of his plans but at least give us something to feel better about.
silence is the most deafening sound in the world sometimes.
He could start by acknowledging mistakes have been made. Only a big man will do that and I think it would go down well with most fans. Dont tell us though that you want to be in the top ten of the prem and then not do anything about it. Tell us what you want and how you intend to go about it.
We need strong, focused leadership and that must come from the top. But the issue to be answered is - yes - what do you want from this club Mr Morgan?

Totally agree, we need to know what the policy is now that we are to go down , how exactly are we going to go about getting back into the prem, we just need to know and i am sure the fans will get behind it, at the moment we seem rudderless.

S

Sandwell Wolf

You don't get into football ownership to make money - there are much better ways of investing 30 mil

Steve Morgan will make a shedload of cash the day he sells this club. A day I look forward to very, very much. I'll probably have a party.

T

teedw

Steve Morgan will make a shedload of cash the day he sells this club. A day I look forward to very, very much. I'll probably have a party.

Be surprised if he did, club's worth, max, 50mil and prob a lot less.

H

Hawkins discuss

Morgan bought the club to get planning permission on green belt land
he will capitalise on that and if he sells the club he will capitalise on that too
It was written earlier that morgan has revived Redrow Homes which his his main concerne

B

bridgnorthwolf

This.

He's not in it to make money. He does want the club's progress to pay for itself though, effectively.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I think his intentions are honourable.

The problem is though that he didn't have his eye on the 'product' we are about....but a lot of that was about trusting and believing in Mick.

Lessons learned me thinks.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

he will capitalise on that and if he sells the club he will capitalise on that too
It was written earlier that morgan has revived Redrow Homes which his his main concerne

Hard not to see it like this.

He is not stupid, so it must be he has been naively led.

T

teedw

Talk about twisting a post I put elsewhere.

Buying a football club is bad business (unless that club is manure or barca). There's plenty of ways of developing green belt unfortunately, I don't the profit on the houses redrow are building will even compare with the money he's put into wolves

A

Anglian Wolf

He is passionate about football and I believe he is eager to establish a reputation within the sport for all the right reasons. He is already a wealthy man who, quite frankly, could find plenty of other more profitable avenues to explore if his real and only motivation was making money.

I personally think that these suggestions that he is somehow a scheming money grabber are utterly insulting. It just confirms what I have always thought - you would have to be mad to get into football ownership.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he wants to take over as manager when we get relegated from league one

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he wants to take over as manager when we get relegated from league one
and then when that fails we will bring in Graham Turner to rescue us and then sell the club to Uncle Jack.......................and whoops its back out the shower time again.:goodnight:

M

Monkey Man

£££££££

So he can buy his beloved Liverpool.

W

Westport Wolf

Some of the absolute $$$$$$$$ on this thread is embarrassing. If a multi-millionaire wants to build homes on green belt land to make a few extra quid, I think there are easier ways of doing it than buying a football club. I really wish some of you brain dead $$$$$s would $$$$ off and support someone else. Your so called support isn't worth the steam off my $$$$!

T

teedw

some of the absolute $$$$$$$$ on this thread is embarrassing. If a multi-millionaire wants to build homes on green belt land to make a few extra quid, i think there are easier ways of doing it than buying a football club. I really wish some of you brain dead $$$$$s would $$$$ off and support someone else. Your so called support isn't worth the steam off my $$$$!

+1

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be respectful to us all if Morgan or Moxey would actually say something. As has been said previously 'the silence is deafening'.

Morgan and Moxey have been saying how great the supporters are. Why not give us the respect we deserve and tell us their plans

T

teedw

It would be respectful to us all if Morgan or Moxey would actually say something. As has been said previously 'the silence is deafening'.

Morgan and Moxey have been saying how great the supporters are. Why not give us the respect we deserve and tell us their plans

It's difficult to know what your plans are till the end of season.

For example, as far fetched as it stands, they say X will be manager next season, and then wolves go on massive win streak and stay up - would they still want X? Or they could say we'll be selling y & z, there value then drops right down as everyone will know we want rid

mak1

Reaction score
Some of the absolute $$$$$$$$ on this thread is embarrassing. If a multi-millionaire wants to build homes on green belt land to make a few extra quid, I think there are easier ways of doing it than buying a football club. I really wish some of you brain dead $$$$$s would $$$$ off and support someone else. Your so called support isn't worth the steam off my $$$$!

This!! Its all getting very boring, same $$$$, same posters, different day

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Patronising drivel of course.

GG27

Groupie
Reaction score
He is passionate about football and I believe he is eager to establish a reputation within the sport for all the right reasons. He is already a wealthy man who, quite frankly, could find plenty of other more profitable avenues to explore if his real and only motivation was making money.

I personally think that these suggestions that he is somehow a scheming money grabber are utterly insulting. It just confirms what I have always thought - you would have to be mad to get into football ownership.

Spot on as allready said if you think he's in it to build houses or make £££'s you really are deluded!!! Has he still got the appetite to make the club succeed? I really hope so, after all the flack he's taken in the last few months (rightly so!!) he might just want out. I sincerely hope he doesn't because there are a lot of potentialy worse owners out there! Let's all hope he's learnt lessons & is more determined than ever to establish our club again.

D

Deleted member 4023

To run an effective business - you have to have a quality product that is in demand in the market place. You need to understand your customers & their expectations. You need to establish good working relationships with them, based on trust & honesty. If you believe that the 2 M's are delivering on any of those points, then you're as deluded as they are.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I dont know if i would have been quite as direct, but i do agree. I just dont think many people really have much clue how to run a large business, its not easy and things can go wrong even when you have done the wright things.

Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards, lets get to the summer and regroup. sell the dead wood and bring in some younger pacy forwards and creative midfielders add a DOF and good young manager and push on.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on as allready said if you think he's in it to build houses or make £££'s you really are deluded!!! Has he still got the appetite to make the club succeed? I really hope so, after all the flack he's taken in the last few months (rightly so!!) he might just want out. I sincerely hope he doesn't because there are a lot of potentialy worse owners out there! Let's all hope he's learnt lessons & is more determined than ever to establish our club again.
Is what I would love to see. The belief, determination and leadership needs to come from the boardroom. I dont know what the other directors bring to melting pot but the club's direction has not been anywhere near productive enough.
Only if this happens can a manager be appointed to fit the criteria which hopefully then leads to performances which match the ambitions Morgan has claimed before that he has for the club.

W

wolvesman

Spot on matey.

H

Henry's Tackle

What a load of conspiracy theory tosh.

H

Henry's Tackle

Agree. It's scary how many people believe this ridiculous conspiracy theory. We have a lot of David Icke's on our hands.

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Ha ha me and my club syndrome

W

Westport Wolf

To all my admirers - Thanks :D

I'm just so utterly $$$$$$ off with the moaners, the nay-sayers, the sceptics and negative army, who think they have a God given right to bad mouth the club at every opportunity and anyone associated with it. These people are only happy when moaning and complaining and sticking the boot into Morgan, Moxey and anyone else who may have responsibility for anything at Wolves. If it's Not Morgan it's Moxey, if it's not Moxey it's Morgan and if it's not either of them it was McCarthy and is now TC, Roger Johnson, Richard Stearman, Stephen Ward and the ticket office. Added to this are all those with yellow streams running down their legs who write, 'I heard that, my mate knows someone at the club who says, my dad's mate says', followed by some falsified BS with no grounding in realism whatsoever.

Before anyone starts... Yes I know it's a forum where people can air their views and opinions, BUT, this forum has just become taken over by people with absolutely nothing positive to say about the club or in SUPPORT of the club. I could just give up on the forum and use other forums and facebook, but I'm not going to. Why? Because rather than let the negative gang spout off and bring our club to it's knees, I'm willing to rant like this in SUPPORT OF MY CLUB. If you don't like it...

WE ARE WOLVES! or at least those of us who support are!

jackfieldwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know this is slightly off the OP question but is relevent in terms of the theory that Morgan could theoretically make a killing having bought the club for a fiver, and sell the club for a massive profit?

But I seem to remember Sir Jack converted his losses in Wolves into equity shares which are worthless and a convenient way to underwrite debts. However, those shares become 'active' if Morgan was to try and cash in therefore the Haywards would be the recipients of a selling profit not Morgan?

Any accountant types out there to shed light on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hahahaha!!! :). Couldn't have put it any better myself. Nice one Centurion.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To all my admirers - Thanks :D

I'm just so utterly $$$$$$ off with the moaners, the nay-sayers, the sceptics and negative army, who think they have a God given right to bad mouth the club at every opportunity and anyone associated with it. These people are only happy when moaning and complaining and sticking the boot into Morgan, Moxey and anyone else who may have responsibility for anything at Wolves. If it's Not Morgan it's Moxey, if it's not Moxey it's Morgan and if it's not either of them it was McCarthy and is now TC, Roger Johnson, Richard Stearman, Stephen Ward and the ticket office. Added to this are all those with yellow streams running down their legs who write, 'I heard that, my mate knows someone at the club who says, my dad's mate says', followed by some falsified BS with no grounding in realism whatsoever.

Before anyone starts... Yes I know it's a forum where people can air their views and opinions, BUT, this forum has just become taken over by people with absolutely nothing positive to say about the club or in SUPPORT of the club. I could just give up on the forum and use other forums and facebook, but I'm not going to. Why? Because rather than let the negative gang spout off and bring our club to it's knees, I'm willing to rant like this in SUPPORT OF MY CLUB. If you don't like it...

WE ARE WOLVES! or at least those of us who support are!

Or is it because there are plenty on here who post interesting and worthwhile comments and you really like it but they just don't agree with you?:D

J

johndewolf5

This criticism of Morgan has gone beyond the hysterical to outright nonsense. Yes he messed up big time with the timing and post McCarthy stuff but that does not make him a bad man, worse still a plunderer of the club's assets. Having met the man I know he is passionate about the club, cares more than people are suggesting but wants to do things on a proper footing, which means building the necessary infrastructure to enable us to compete in the medium and long term.
Over the summer he has many bridges to build and that may not come in the form of comforting mea culpa words, actions will speak higher than words. I fully expect a new management structure with a director of football alongside a head coach, better technical and coaching support staff and the active promotion of younger players. McCarthy refused to move with the times and his obstinance caused no end of frustration to a man who wanted his club connected to the modern game. It is that, above anything else, that prompted his departure.

T

teedw

This criticism of Morgan has gone beyond the hysterical to outright nonsense. Yes he messed up big time with the timing and post McCarthy stuff but that does not make him a bad man, worse still a plunderer of the club's assets. Having met the man I know he is passionate about the club, cares more than people are suggesting but wants to do things on a proper footing, which means building the necessary infrastructure to enable us to compete in the medium and long term.
Over the summer he has many bridges to build and that may not come in the form of comforting mea culpa words, actions will speak higher than words. I fully expect a new management structure with a director of football alongside a head coach, better technical and coaching support staff and the active promotion of younger players. McCarthy refused to move with the times and his obstinance caused no end of frustration to a man who wanted his club connected to the modern game. It is that, above anything else, that prompted his departure.

You'll get nowhere on here talking sense like this

K

Knackered Knees

My two cents: I don't buy the conspiracy theories but SM has been too slow to learn that running a football club is NOTHING like running any other business. (He'd probably be discovering the same thing if, just as an example, he was suddenly running an NHS trust). Having said that, his major decisions have to date have resulted in anything from half-a**ed compromise to disaster. He needs to get a grip - fast.

W

Westport Wolf

Or is it because there are plenty on here who post interesting and worthwhile comments and you really like it but they just don't agree with you?:D

The number of people who post interesting, literate, well thought out and constructive posts are dwindling. In recent times it seems like every other post is another have a go at Moxey/Morgan/TC/The players post, or another boring autopsy into where things went wrong. Oh, I forgot to mention all of the posts that overlap, as in, they have different thread titles but are about the same old subject. Yesterday it was TC, today it's Morgan. Yawn. :goodnight:

Back
Top Bottom