Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What does Bod offer...

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
...apart from the Icelandic clap

The novelty has worn off!

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither him nor Dicko are suited to the lone striker role. Looked miles better (albeit against 10 men) playing off each other.

No point lumping it up to Bodvarsson if there's nobody running onto his flick ons. Ditto with our other main tactic, Coady playing it into the channel for Bod to chase. What's the point in dragging our striker out wide?!

I still rate him

D

Deleted member 4008

Not much

I am not a fan of one up top in the championship . 4-4 ****ing 2 please

The type of setup I would like to see would be

Costa Saiss ( if given a run of games) Ronan Cav

With Rhodes uptop with Bamford/Abraham

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. Plays on the wing for Iceland. Beats man and is good with his feet. Has a bit of pace too

Weimann is a striker. Would you rather have him on the wing?

We have too many wingers as it is. Playing him on the wing would be unecessarity shoe horning him into the team IMO, his main attribute is height and winning headers which would be negate were he to start on the wing. Weimann should be up front or nowhere.

Don't recall Bod starting too many games when we had Costa and Cav on the wings, would get a lot more crosses into the box when they play.

W

WasStefan

We have too many wingers as it is. Playing him on the wing would be unecessarity shoe horning him into the team IMO, his main attribute is height and winning headers which would be negate were he to start on the wing. Weimann should be up front or nowhere.

Don't recall Bod starting too many games when we had Costa and Cav on the wings, would get a lot more crosses into the box when they play.
How many fit wingers do we have? 1. Costa.

As i say; he's not an out and out striker. No where near.

D

Deleted member 4257

Bod holds ball up well and if turns defender can really stretch his legs and looks a threat.
At Stoke in first few mins and at Liverpool to almost make it 3 spring to mind.
His goal at blues was made me think we have something special.
Once again I fear we have another nice bloke who shows opposition too much respect

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many fit wingers do we have? 1. Costa.

As i say; he's not an out and out striker. No where near.

Funny, in the summer everyone was saying how many we had and that it was our strongest department.

W

WasStefan

Funny, in the summer everyone was saying how many we had and that it was our strongest department.
Henry gone
Wallace gone
Cav injured
Ronan injured
Weimann striker
Wallace arguably a right back

Leaves Costa.

Other one is MGW but very young/raw

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There will be a thread for every player at this rate, with the same general theme.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble with him up front is it encourages the long balls which he wins about maybe half but noone wins the 2nd ball.
Just not a striker as we need goals.
Really want Mason to come back, a front 4 of this would be good for this Division.... Dicko
Bod Mason Costa

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henry gone
Wallace gone
Cav injured
Ronan injured
Weimann striker
Wallace arguably a right back

Leaves Costa.

Other one is MGW but very young/raw

Presume you mean Marshall with the last one, but yeah I agree.

Hey, you forgot George Saville on the left wing!!

D

Deleted member 3604

He is like a tractor that cannot win a ball in the air. Likes to get wide, force his way past a couple (if he doesn't fall over) and put a ball across in the hope Edwards is there.

Reactions: Ian
W

we8wba

...apart from the Icelandic clap

The novelty has worn off!

Nothing, his constant running down the line into path of Costa is vastly distributing every rare counter attack we have

No wonder a striker doesn't score when rarely in the box

Make Doyle look like Alan shearer

M

Mr Wolf

He's ****ing useless, I've never seen a player so reluctant to get into the box.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest, he doesn't offer much. I'm astounded at how poor he is in the air considering his height. He looked a bit better with Dicko next to him, but at the end of the day his job is to score goals and he hasn't done so since August. Not good enough.

Reactions: Ian

R1ch

Reaction score
The only reason he's playing as a striker is becasue we've got bugger all else to use up there, we have plenty of wingers to choose from especially when fit. If we stay up then the summer transfer window is massive, get it wrong and there will be a few backroom staff members out the door by Christmas.

D

Deleted member 3518

Look a far different player to the one that excited us at the start of the season, why?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a good squad player at this level and there are scenario's that suit a player like him.

He's not prolific but in a squad that creates some chances, I reckon he'd get 7-8 goals as a bit part player over a season.

I also think he'd do well out wide in a 433.

Last edited:
T

TacticalWolf88

He's a good squad player at this level and there are scenario's that suit a player like him.

He's not prolific but in a squad that creates some chances, I reckon he'd get 7-8 goals as a big part player over a season.

I also think he'd do well out wide in a 433.

This. Much more suited to the wide forward like how Iceland play him

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He works so hard around the box and down the flanks, but nothing in the box

I so want it to come right for the bloke but it's not going to. He's not even having any chances (apart from the cross which he ducked under)

Now Dicko has scored, he's back on the bench and a late sub to hassle teams

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bod on his own does not work. Dicko on his own does not work.
Bod and Mason, Dicko and Mason or even Bod and Dicko is an improvement.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is not an out and out striker. I was tearing my hair out last night the amount of times he kept appearing out wide. The clowns should have signed two strikers in January and we end up with none. Of course they will have plenty of excuses and waffle as to why we signed no strikers despite most of our rivals bringing in new strikers. The usual claptrap and rubbish we get fed.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is not an out and out striker. I was tearing my hair out last night the amount of times he kept appearing out wide. The clowns should have signed two strikers in January and we end up with none. Of course they will have plenty of excuses and waffle as to why we signed no strikers despite most of our rivals bringing in new strikers. The usual claptrap and rubbish we get fed.

To be honest, we could have Messi and Ronaldo up front and I don't think they'd do any better. Supply is the problem. How many chances have Dicko and Bod missed? Not many, because they aren't getting many.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest, we could have Messi and Ronaldo up front and I don't think they'd do any better. Supply is the problem. How many chances have Dicko and Bod missed? Not many, because they aren't getting many.

Agree and I have banged the drum for God knows how long about how utterly ****e our central midfield is. Harsh reality is midfield needs and overhaul along with strikers and defence. What a mess!

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's got some skills and tidy control, I think I'm a better striker however at 45 with two new hips.

D

Deleted member TW5162

The answer to life, the universe and everything is 4-4-2.

Or Anything - Anything - 2

Just play 2 ******* strikers.

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said BOD aint the trouble in the team - it seems like we want to play lump it to he CF who will bring it down, beat a couple of players then bang it in the net! With the best will in the world that will only happen a couple of times a season

S

ShropshireLad

As others have said BOD aint the trouble in the team - it seems like we want to play lump it to he CF who will bring it down, beat a couple of players then bang it in the net! With the best will in the world that will only happen a couple of times a season
When Lambert first arrived we didn't play that type of game and the results and performances weren't too bad but he's getting increasingly desperate and progressively less imaginative in the way you describe.

The glass was half full for me until 4 matches league ago but I have to admit I'm on a downer at the moment.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bod on his own does not work. Dicko on his own does not work.
Bod and Mason, Dicko and Mason or even Bod and Dicko is an improvement.

Dicko worked better on his own before Afobe, was dreadful without Sako on his own and with Bod.

Back
Top Bottom